Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by meagicano
I thought we could take newspapers and magazines out... did I miss something?
Yes we can take out those newspapers and magazines. In fact many airlines print “complimentary” or similar on their magazines in lounges and in J/PY.

I was was using that as an example saying that many rules are not that black and white.

YYZ DOM for the next 30 min or so. Everyone in here is annoying me.
Quoted from another thread. Do you have something to add to this thread
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You also have to make an educated guess as to the spirit of the rules.

If I have an open, unfinished can of Coke Zero when I need to leave to board, was the rule put in place to stop me from taking it with me
​​​​​​
Or is it there to stop me from filling my bag with unopened cans?
eracerblue, balexis and songsc like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by songsc

Quoted from another thread. Do you have something to add to this thread
It would be great if the MLL had phone booths similar to the ones at the Terminal 2 ORD United Club. Sometimes I don't want to hear three competing conference calls of increasing volume.

Not to mention people sprawled all over the place, bare feet on the furniture... sigh. I should have known a bunch of delayed flights = YYZ DOM hell.

I'm becoming a snob.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:08 pm
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......

I'm becoming a snob.
Welcome to the club 👸🏻
Interestingly enough I think that it’s not simple snobbery but it’s a respect for yourself and others around you

Last edited by Queen B; Jan 21, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I think what you are working on and can carry as an in-progress hand snack is fare game (plus 1 can of something for a PDB).

Packaging something is crossing the line.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I agree with the latter distinction. If it needs to be put into a bag or container, it's out of bounds. If you can carry it in your hand, it's okay by me. A handful of edamame might be gross, but plausible to be an immediate snack. A can of pop in one hand and wine in the other, and then the pop doesn't get opened in time to get to the gate so it becomes PDB, fine. If it takes both hands to drag the bags to the gate and the can of pop or apple goes into the outside pocket for the moment, fine by me. But if it goes into a 4th, 5th and 6th hand full, multiple pocket locations, a quart ziploc, and a tupperware, it's vulgar.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:37 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I agree with the latter distinction. If it needs to be put into a bag or container, it's out of bounds. If you can carry it in your hand, it's okay by me. A handful of edamame might be gross, but plausible to be an immediate snack. A can of pop in one hand and wine in the other, and then the pop doesn't get opened in time to get to the gate so it becomes PDB, fine. If it takes both hands to drag the bags to the gate and the can of pop or apple goes into the outside pocket for the moment, fine by me. But if it goes into a 4th, 5th and 6th hand full, multiple pocket locations, a quart ziploc, and a tupperware, it's vulgar.
I don't personally care who takes what. I just find it odd that people can/ or want to justify "taking" stuff when it clearly says to be consumed only in the lounge.

To me it's simple, no need to “interpret” what it means…. It’s kind of clear
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I'm not proposing a complex interpretation by any means, just feeling out where my own disdain sets in. I don't want to see people tossing uneaten items into a bin at the elevators because they helped themselves to items they couldn't finish and heaven knows I don't want to see people putting uneaten items back when they've mauled them. Having your eyes bigger than your belly explains a cookie or an apple that follows you to the gate. It doesn't account for 500mL of edamame.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
When the literal interpretation and enforcement of a rule makes both the guardian and the user look like idiots, interpretation is required.
canadiancow and songsc like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
I once had the exact opposite. My son has serious food allergies so when he was younger we used to carry food for him to be safe. I was once told that he could not consume food inside the lounge that was not from the lounge.

I have to confess that when I used to have to fly to YQT, YAM, YYB and YSB, in the evenings for morning meetings my open can of soda might have had a little something else in it for the flight.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Packaging something is crossing the line.
Bagging edamame is one thing but I don't see the harm in wrapping up a couple of cookies with MLL napkins for a little mid-TCON snack (when flying Y).

Does the rule that all food must be consumed within the lounge apply to the red and white mints as well?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by marke190
Bagging edamame is one thing but I don't see the harm in wrapping up a couple of cookies with MLL napkins for a little mid-TCON snack (when flying Y).

Does the rule that all food must be consumed within the lounge apply to the red and white mints as well?
I had a few very tight connections during meal hours. I basically went to the lounge, had a few quick bites, and walked out while chewing something (doesn’t look classy, I know). Perhaps the agent should stop everyone going out, ask them to open their mouth, and check how much food in their mouth
marke190 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Some guy in the YOW lounge just refused to move his backpack & coat to give someone a seat.

Them: "Are you waiting for someone?"
Him: "No"
Them: "well, there aren't enough chairs"
Him: "I'm using it"
Guy on the other side of him "I'm leaving in 2 minutes, you can have my chair"

Like.... wow.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Some guy in the YOW lounge just refused to move his backpack & coat to give someone a seat.

Like.... wow.
How do you know it wasn't a Comfort Backpack and a Comfort Coat? They also deserve a seat.
Stop being so insensitive! How dare you!
closecover, smallmj and mauve like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:46 pm

Like.... wow.
It's hard to believe people like this exist. I would be tempted to toss his stuff on the ground and sit there anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.