Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by songsc
What were their parents doing? That may be something worth reporting in this thread as well, as people say kids reflect their parents.
Kids are never to be blamed. Parents are.

Issue in cases like this is parents sense of entitlement, or something like it. Reminds me of a colleague whom we invited for dinner with their little princess. Soon she was standing/dancing on the coffee table, with shoes on and the parents thought, how cute. Thought obviously the whole world would feel the same. We did not and quickly clarified our rules.

After a few similar events, we stopped inviting them...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
LAX.

Adult male parent or guardian put a video on a phone for a toddler. It's quite loud.

They're currently taking a walk around the lounge, so they're not even watching it.

It's one thing to be obnoxious for personal gain. It's quite another to be obnoxious for no reason.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
YYZ MLL Dom-

Just saw the dreaded used plate being brought up for a second serving. Guy completely contaminated multiple serving utensils.

Now in PP and saw the same.

There should be a sign to not reuse plates. I assume some people think saving a plate is better than the need to clean a second, but its simply not the case with communal eating.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
YYZ MLL Dom-

Just saw the dreaded used plate being brought up for a second serving. Guy completely contaminated multiple serving utensils.

There should be a sign to not reuse plates. I assume some people think saving a plate is better than the need to clean a second, but its simply not the case with communal eating.
I think most people just never considered it. The only reason I give it a second thought now is because of this thread.
Zhorman, eigenvector and RangerNS like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think most people just never considered it. The only reason I give it a second thought now is because of this thread.
I still don't give it a second thought.
bawm, jc94, RangerNS and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
YYZ MLL Dom-

In younger years used to go to many potluck suppers. You got one plate, and that was it..but you went back for food multiple times. It is not hard to scoop the food using whatever utensil they have (ladle, spoon, tongs, whatever) without cross contaminating.

In any case, I have never given it a thought...and not sure I ever will. Worry more about lavs on planes than issues like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
For me its the speakerphone volume on high in the middle of lounge and a full conversation about Aunt Myrtle being in and out of hospital and she only has days to live.

Its a terrible situation.

I don't need (or want) to hear a single word of it.

Finally someone near me in the Business Centre area asked the offender(s) if they could 'keep it down'.

YYZ Domestic MLL again.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by PointWeasel

Finally someone near me in the Business Centre area asked the offender(s) if they could 'keep it down'.

YYZ Domestic MLL again.
This happens often, and I've witnessed several similar scenarios in that MLL.

It has always resulted in an apology by the offender, typically unaware of how loud they were up to that point.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Well the TB MLL is the emptiest I've ever seen it since its Christmas day. However a patron has decided to liven it up by having a speakerphone conversation detailing what he is nibbling on in the lounge
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
Well the TB MLL is the emptiest I've ever seen it since its Christmas day. However a patron has decided to liven it up by having a speakerphone conversation detailing wassailing what he is nibbling on in the lounge
There, I fixed that for you. (only because it's Xmas, so someone else can come up with cheeky lyrics)
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
There, I fixed that for you. (only because it's Xmas, so someone else can come up with cheeky lyrics)
To add to the speakerphone conversation, there was a family with a couple of young kids who were jumping up and down on the seats and running up and down the lounge. They had a part of the lounge to themselves because it was fairly empty and no sane person would want to sit next to them. Also a couple let their dog out of the carrier though still on leash and the dog promptly barked and jumped on another patron walking by. Said dog was small so no damage done. Anyway lounge was mostly empty and Christmas spirit so no one incl lounge staff said anything to anyone. On the plus side I did see the lounge catering staff wiping the food containers and spoons etc.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
For me its the speakerphone volume on high in the middle of lounge and a full conversation about Aunt Myrtle being in and out of hospital and she only has days to live.

YYZ Domestic MLL again.
One of the first things I learned when I started to travel a lot was to stash earphones or headphones with a mic somewhere easily accessible so I could talk on the phone without broadcasting my conversation. Using speakerphone in a public area is incredibly inconsiderate to the surrounding people and the person you're talking to.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector

One of the first things I learned when I started to travel a lot was to stash earphones or headphones with a mic somewhere easily accessible so I could talk on the phone without broadcasting my conversation. Using speakerphone in a public area is incredibly inconsiderate to the surrounding people and the person you're talking to.
Or, you know, just hold it to the side of your head
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:49 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Or, you know, just hold it to the side of your head
And No, the volume of your speaking does not have to increase proportionally to the distance between you and the other person on the call.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:12 am

YYZ Domestic MLL again.
We should petition AC that the 50 cent ear buds they offer should be upgraded by a nickel to add an inline microphone. We could hand them out like candy in the lounges.

Not sure if I mentioned this before - but whatever happened to the MLL “Quiet Zones?” I particularly have noticed the absence in YVR Dom over by the TV and computer station “relax” area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.