Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Queen B
It’s a peeve that I didn’t know about it.

But to bring it back to pet peeves in the MLL. We just had to move because of typical loud talkers in YVR dom MLL....
Oh you just haven't mastered the glare of death.

Mind you, it didn't work with that couple (wait, I can't call them morons say the RCHHMP) who were sitting behind me on AC 872, clapping at the Skytrax announcement and talking loud enough to wake the dead, for the entire crossing of the Atlantic.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I just paid for luggage storage at yvr,!
I wish I would have known about the luggage storage at MLL
Dang it!
I often use the paid service at YVR (usually the one across from Domestic luggage carousels) when I'm in town for a few hours, especially when I have valuable items in my carry-on.
Queen B likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:05 pm
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Originally Posted by 24left
Oh you just haven't mastered the glare of death.

Mind you, it didn't work with that couple (wait, I can't call them morons say the RCHHMP) who were sitting behind me on AC 872, clapping at the Skytrax announcement and talking loud enough to wake the dead, for the entire crossing of the Atlantic.
Oh I’m very adept at the glare of death 😡
On occasion it doesn’t work especially when they are not facing the same direction. It’s hard to glare at the back of their heads

I almost spit my drink out with your clapping story, we’re you in J ?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
On occasion it doesn’t work especially when they are not facing the same direction. It’s hard to glare at the back of their heads

I almost spit my drink out with your clapping story, we’re you in J ?

I posted this in the thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...flight-57.html and you posted replies.

AC 872

I am now convinced there should be a course in how to behave like you belong on a plane

Couple in the seats behind me in J had loud and annoying voices and just wouldn’t shut up. The man/husband reminded me of the movie-goer who shouts out the endings and the play-by-play. He made sure everyone in the cabin knew we were turning left, or heading over the Atlantic or which way the sun was in the sky. When he finally fell asleep, the snoring.

Bonus part: when the SD made the usual pre-departure announcement, there was also the part about AC and the recent Skytrax rating. As soon as she finished her sentence, this couple started clapping and cheering. I looked around the cabin and many others had also had a puzzled look on their faces.

I turned around to see if these two were wearing the costume of an infrequent flier.

Yes, you may all chastise me now

Highlight of the flight: guy across th aisle farted his way across the Atlantic. So pleasant. I was in the galley and walked back to my seat with a FA who was bringing someone a tea. We both had that look on our faces.

i’m sure some of you know what I really wanted to say to this bunch but I decided to hide under my duvet and know I was going to recover once I arrived.

Snort.

I wonder if the Shaves on a Plane people are somehow related to the Annoying Pax in the MLL
Queen B likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:16 pm
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
I posted this in the thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...flight-57.html and you posted replies.

I wonder if the Shaves on a Plane people are somehow related to the Annoying Pax in the MLL
I remember it now, I just thought that this was a recent incident.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
On occasion it doesn’t work especially when they are not facing the same direction. It’s hard to glare at the back of their heads.
Oh, my wife can burn a hole in the back of my head.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:39 am

Here's one from last week at EWR: someone plugged in their headphones to charge, on the food station, right next to the cookies and napkins. Hygiene issue there, I'm pretty sure. It was soon time to put out the evening pasta, so a lounge employee eventually unplugged them and sought out the owner, otherwise they wouldn't have had enough space available for the serving tray.

​​​
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Here's one from last week at EWR: someone plugged in their headphones to charge, on the food station, right next to the cookies and napkins. Hygiene issue there, I'm pretty sure. It was soon time to put out the evening pasta, so a lounge employee eventually unplugged them and sought out the owner, otherwise they wouldn't have had enough space available for the serving tray.

​​​
Has anyone ever eaten a pair of headphone before? Is it delicious?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by songsc

I accidentally left the silicon cushion from an earbud in a seat back pocket once. I didn't discover that it had fallen off until I got home. I hope a grandma didn't make a fuss when she found it and get in to an altercation with the FA...
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by songsc
According to a friends dog... Yes.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Anyone else in the FRA MLL right now with the kids running around screaming/shrieking?

I'm a parent of young kids, so I get that part of it is kids-being-kids, but there comes a point where responsible parents would respect those around them and remove their kids from the lounge and instead let them run in the terminal (Esp. FRA where the corridor outside the MLL is not congested).
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Anyone else in the FRA MLL right now with the kids running around screaming/shrieking?

I'm a parent of young kids, so I get that part of it is kids-being-kids, but there comes a point where responsible parents would respect those around them and remove their kids from the lounge and instead let them run in the terminal (Esp. FRA where the corridor outside the MLL is not congested).
Brutal. Time to head to a SEN lounge?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Brutal. Time to head to a SEN lounge?
I find SEN lounges way too busy. I actually go to the MLL when arriving into Europe and then head to the A-Gates 1.5hrs prior to departure.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I find SEN lounges way too busy. I actually go to the MLL when arriving into Europe and then head to the A-Gates 1.5hrs prior to departure.
I'll try that method. I have 4 hours to kill in FRA on Monday. Have literally never gone to the MLL there despite constantly being through FRA.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: TK *G

What were their parents doing? That may be something worth reporting in this thread as well, as people say kids reflect their parents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.