Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
You know, I don’t care that much if someone carefully takes the bread with their hands if they do so without touching other pieces. So taking it out of the toaster no.

My point was that using the jam spoon to spread it into toast (or warm bread as AC toasters are so slow) is bad at best for people who don’t want crumbs in it. To do it after handling the bread... well it’s not helping matters.

I use tongs to pick my bread, I used my hands to put it into and out of toaster. I used jam spoon to put a bit on the plate and then a metal knife from 2’ of the toasters to spread it. Because I’m civilized. Well sort of More so than some evidently!
The whole "communal jam thing" is truly repulsive.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:09 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by AleEat
The whole "communal jam thing" is truly repulsive.
"Communal jam" is also how I describe the boarding process on certain AC flights or at certain gates. Especially when they board all zones at once.
canadiancow, CZAMFlyer and jc94 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I certainly learn a lot from this thread. I had no idea that I was such a repulsive human being.

I promise to continue working on my faults though.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I certainly learn a lot from this thread. I had no idea that I was such a repulsive human being.

I promise to continue working on my faults though.
Yeah, a few things have been brought up that I thought "oh I never considered that - I should stop doing it".

But there are also a few things I simply don't agree with, will continue to do, and do not care if others do it.

"Repulsive" seems to very much be in the eyes of the beholder.
padawanflyer likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K; AS MVP Gold75K; Fairmont Platinum; SPG/Marriott Platinum
Anybody who watches someone handle their toast from start to finish, and then takes out time to report on it here on FT, is in serious need for a life.
skybluesea and marke190 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Ia Ora
Anybody who watches someone handle their toast from start to finish, and then takes out time to report on it here on FT, is in serious need for a life.
Oh hi, and welcome to FlyerTalk, where no topic is too important to talk about, rant about, dissect into a gazillion pieces and repeat when necessary.

Also, thanks for letting me know. I promise to try and not report on people handling their toast but move on to much more productive things like pancake seats, missing Kit Kats, clipping toenails while flying, disappointing meals and people who wear perfume like a piece of clothing.

And I traded in my life for living above the clouds. Works perfectly for me. It's stuff on the ground that keeps me up at night. LOL
Bohemian1 and Oxnardjan like this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Oh hi, and welcome to FlyerTalk, where no topic is too important to talk about
Or too unimportant! 😋
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
printing on steroids

My pet peeve is FTs who print books in the biz centre. This is a particular issue in YYZ i.e. the larger the area, the more likely FTs will print everything. In an era when hotels put reasonable limits on the volume of printing, MLLs seem to have missed the memo?
Often, the books they print are abandoned i.e. the FT left the MLL & did not retrieve their stuff??
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I once printed a lot in an MLL, for work, but even then, I think it was under 50 pages.

I don't see much of an issue if it gets used, but if you leave 50 pages in the printer, then what was the point?
marke190 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
"Repulsive" seems to very much be in the eyes of the beholder.
Or perhaps, the fingers.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I won't say this was annoying passenger, or even a pet peeve, but I found her behaviour unusual.

Woman sitting across from me grabs a cookie from the food area and brings it back to her seat (one of the large leather type easy chairs). No napkin, no plate...then she just plunks the entire cookie on the side of the armchair---you know where people have been resting their grubby hands for years and years..

Then eats said cookie, redepositing it several times on the arm rest before finishing it off.

I suppose it's acceptable to do that in your own house, but in a public area? Who knows what has been resting or sitting on that armrest.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by mapleg

I suppose it's acceptable to do that in your own house, but in a public area? Who knows what has been resting or sitting on that armrest.
It's her funeral (hopefully not literally)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I won't say this was annoying passenger, or even a pet peeve, but I found her behaviour unusual.

Woman sitting across from me grabs a cookie from the food area and brings it back to her seat (one of the large leather type easy chairs). No napkin, no plate...then she just plunks the entire cookie on the side of the armchair---you know where people have been resting their grubby hands for years and years..

Then eats said cookie, redepositing it several times on the arm rest before finishing it off.

Probably good training in order to get resistance to a variety of bacteria.

Might actually not be a bad idea healthwise... Better do that when you are healthy and fit. Rather than get hit later in life when weak and old... Just like, kids who were let play with dirt and stuff apparently develop quite a bit fewer allergis than kids who grow in a sterile environment...
tcook052, lallied and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
Probably good training in order to get resistance to a variety of bacteria.

Might actually not be a bad idea healthwise... Better do that when you are healthy and fit. Rather than get hit later in life when weak and old... Just like, kids who were let play with dirt and stuff apparently develop quite a bit fewer allergis than kids who grow in a sterile environment...
Well, maybe she should rub the cookie around the actual seat where your butt goes, and then toss it on the floor and roll it around a bit....she would be bound to pick up a few more resistances that way.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Well, maybe she should rub the cookie around the actual seat where your butt goes, and then toss it on the floor and roll it around a bit....she would be bound to pick up a few more resistances that way.
Or ask 20 random people it lick it before she eats it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.