Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ac777
How about the person who talks so loud on the cell phone that he may not even need a device to communicate? Or the conversationalists I ran into in YVR where people around them were getting up an finding other places to sit as we did not want to hear all their secrets?

Oh you missed such a fantastic opportunity there.

I laugh a little when I recall sitting in the YYZ TB MLL and someone quite a distance away was yelling into their cell phone about the colour of wallpaper for the dining room and the options and what the spouse wanted and whether crayon marks from the kids would show. Stress level went up when the person at the other end of the call seemed to have said something. At that point, heads were turning. I'd had enough and decide to move to the terminal for some calm. Before I left I went over, tapped them on the shoulder, suggested a leopard pattern would solve all crayon problems (lol) and might elicit conversations during dinner parties. And then, there was no more yelling into cell phone.

Did the person realize that everyone heard the call or were they considering leopard wallpaper. Who knows. Sometimes you just have to be clever and find the right moment, because you really don't know what will happen when you tell someone they are disturbing the serenity of the MLL. lol
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by 24left
Oh you missed such a fantastic opportunity there.

I laugh a little when I recall sitting in the YYZ TB MLL and someone quite a distance away was yelling into their cell phone about the colour of wallpaper for the dining room and the options and what the spouse wanted and whether crayon marks from the kids would show. Stress level went up when the person at the other end of the call seemed to have said something. At that point, heads were turning. I'd had enough and decide to move to the terminal for some calm. Before I left I went over, tapped them on the shoulder, suggested a leopard pattern would solve all crayon problems (lol) and might elicit conversations during dinner parties. And then, there was no more yelling into cell phone.

Did the person realize that everyone heard the call or were they considering leopard wallpaper. Who knows. Sometimes you just have to be clever and find the right moment, because you really don't know what will happen when you tell someone they are disturbing the serenity of the MLL. lol
+1; totally agree. I've heard way more than I need to or care to of other people's cell conversations. Love the idea of leopard wallpaper. Brilliant suggestion.

In the YVR TB lounge, which urgently needs an overhaul, it occurred to me there should be a cell free area.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:34 am

Asked to leave lounge

Saw a young mother with her baby strapped to her front in the YYZ MLL just now. Both had tears in their eyes.

The young lady was moving to Vancouver. Her baby was and had been crying and the mother had just been asked by an AC employee to leave presumably due to her baby.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
Saw a young mother with her baby strapped to her front in the YYZ MLL just now. Both had tears in their eyes.

The young lady was moving to Vancouver. Her baby was and had been crying and the mother had just been asked by an AC employee to leave presumably due to her baby.
I wonder what made this mom and crying baby different from other moms and their crying babies that I hear all the time in the MLL... And not asked to leave.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wonder what made this mom and crying baby different from other moms and their crying babies that I hear all the time in the MLL... And not asked to leave.
The fussing did not seem that bad, more like an exhausted wimpering than screeching. Perhaps it had excessive before I arrived,
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Was just in the YUL MLL. I'm ok with people changing in the closed stalls, but the rest of the washroom is NOT a locker room. If you just need to change a shirt then I guess it's ok, but when this guy went WAY beyond that, I didn't feel it was appropriate. He was also taking up 3/4 of the sink space with his carry on and clothing spread out.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by SearsTower
Was just in the YUL MLL. I'm ok with people changing in the closed stalls, but the rest of the washroom is NOT a locker room. If you just need to change a shirt then I guess it's ok, but when this guy went WAY beyond that, I didn't feel it was appropriate. He was also taking up 3/4 of the sink space with his carry on and clothing spread out.
In Quebec it's vest la vie.

Was this dom by chance? That washroom is really small.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kwflyer
In Quebec it's vest la vie.

Was this dom by chance? That washroom is really small.
Anyway, you can change discretely if you want to. One way or another. Just being patient.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe she just did not qualified for lounge access?

I have a hard time believing the issue was baby crying.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Yes Dom. At one point he moved part way I to the stall, but kept the door wide open.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Maybe she just did not qualified for lounge access?

I have a hard time believing the issue was baby crying.
When I arrived to get a coffee (and pickles) she was already by the buffet so it appears she had passed the front desk check successfully. As I was later leaving she was near the elevator and while making small talk I saw the tears in her eyes and learned about her eviction from the lounge.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
When I arrived to get a coffee (and pickles) she was already by the buffet so it appears she had passed the front desk check successfully. As I was later leaving she was near the elevator and while making small talk I saw the tears in her eyes and learned about her eviction from the lounge.
Sad and strange. I see babies all the time in the MLLs and I find they are often better behaved than some of the adults. And depending on the MLL, there are also quiet conference rooms or even a children's area where a compassionate lounge attendant could have taken her and the baby.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I saw the same thing in the YHZ MLL on Aug 25th - maybe the same guy? Stripped down to the waist, toiletries spread out and using one of the 3 sinks to do a full clean-up. Not very sociable, to say the least.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I still read "Pet Peever" as the title of this thread and do a double take.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I still read "Pet Peever" as the title of this thread and do a double take.
Ya...... My biggest Pet Peeve is people who use the term Pet Peeve :P.

But hey, with how much time I spend in the MLL's I could probably have a thread about what I do while I'm there! Like checking out 3x747's outside the YVR Domestic window all lined up beside each other.

Biggest Pet Peeve this summer so far: Lack of anything substantial after 1:30pm and the condition of the chairs in many of the lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.