Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
People - it's not like I'm standing next to the finger lickers and nose wipers as I type my posts. This is usually from afar and I'm not going to get up and walk to the person to tell them about common courtesy and hygiene. That's not my job. If anything, the MLL staff should have signs reminding customers to do x/y/z and also to enforce it.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyznomad
That's not my job. If anything, the MLL staff should have signs reminding customers to do x/y/z and also to enforce it.
Sad world if we need a sign for that -_-
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by Allvest
Most the time people lay the tongues right on top of the food.
tongues or tongs ?

last time i licked food was during university to mark my pizza slices before my buddies got to them
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by karachi
tongues or tongs ?

last time i licked food was during university to mark my pizza slices before my buddies got to them
well...by the time I realized the typo I decided to leave it as is.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by karachi
tongues or tongs ?

Last time a buddy of mine did that, I took the slice and ate it to make it clear there would be no "reserving" of food
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Allvest
well...by the time I realized the typo I decided to leave it as is.
And the thread is the better for it
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: down to Zone 5
Cell-Free Zone in MLL

So, I'm sitting in the CFZ @ YYZ domestic MLL.

2 other people are just yaking nonstop on their cells. One actually told her friend on the line she's sitting in the CFZ but it's ok don't worry about it and continued talking.

Would you call the dragons over for this?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
First I would talk to them myself. Some people genuinely don't realize that they are disturbing someone else and will move on if asked.

For those who don't, talk to a dragon.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
It's like the smoke free zone used to be on planes. I was in the cell free zone at LHR MLL today and there were people sitting just outside of it yakking away like mad. The (loud) conversations spilled over to the cell free zone.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
I think it should be the "Cell Phone Free and Quiet Zone". People don't need to be screaming into their cell phones to be annoying...

I find it particularly bad in YVR domestic. People sitting next to each other having very loud conversations.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Domestic YVR is horrible for this. Hence the reason I started the pet peeves in the MLL thread... To many DYKWIA suits in the YVR MLL.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
I find tapping the CFZ sign (if its within their eyesight) or better yet moving the CFZ sign over to them and remark ''isn't this a nice sign?''.

That usually works.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by YVRorange
Domestic YVR is horrible for this. Hence the reason I started the pet peeves in the MLL thread... To many DYKWIA suits in the YVR MLL.
I think part of the problem at YVR Domestic is that the furniture in the CFZ is no different from the other areas. At YYZ domestic, for example, the outward facing recliners make it pretty obvious that socializing/noise is not welcome in that area.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
But they must close that very important widget sales deal by 5pm!!!!

Say something, if they are still DYKWIAs tell staff, if they are apologetic, great, maybe didnt notice the sign, unlikely but possible.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by kwflyer
I find tapping the CFZ sign (if its within their eyesight) or better yet moving the CFZ sign over to them and remark ''isn't this a nice sign?''.

That usually works.
I find going close to them and making rude sounds works just as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.