Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Suggestion Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by dread_specter
There are a lot of them on here, unfortunately they have been presented a rather cold shoulder and just kicked the bucket...

I speak from experience.
That's a pity. I think customers and AC employees could learn from that.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I'm posting in the Air Canada Suggestion Box thread because I thought these might be things for AC to consider.

While I know there are at least 2 threads on the subject of iPhone apps, plus others for Android, my observations and suggestions here are general as well.

One of my personal frustrations with the iPhone app is the cluttered Home page. There is too much going on and I find the fonts are tiny relative to the bolder, cleaner typefaces and visual elements used elsewhere. I don't have a new phone, nor is mine a Plus version, so...

First, I'll give AC credit for having this little option, "What else would you like from our app?". You have to scroll down a bit on the home page and then click. Very nice touch.

I just updated the apps for a number of airlines for whom I have upcoming bookings. Among those, the most dramatic update was BR's and then SQ's.

I love the clean look of the homepage (not shown below) and the detailed list of things when you open the list. I saw the Meals options, so I clicked to check it out.

While many of us know that you can pre-order meals on BR and also, when you log in to your booking, there are more options available that are in addition to the items offered on the menu onboard.

Here I see there is an option to pre-order via the app.

As for SQ, I think these 2 items are perhaps something for Air Canada to noodle about: App-only fares and media to download.

I know some hotels have app-only offers with better rates, or extra bonus points for a stay etc. This is the first I've seen in an airline app.

Another great idea is the issue of media. I don't know how much it costs to offer some newspapers or magazines to download from within the app for reading while flying. I'm not a TV/movie watcher, so reading is what I do most and I think this is light years ahead of carrying paper magazines etc onboard. They don't always get recycled and in total, they are heavy. (This is only a partial list of all the magazines SQ offered.) This would also be a great idea for enRoute and Navi.

I am quite sure AC monitors the things done by other airlines. Still, the point of my post is to highlight some interesting idea and share with others here who also fly these airlines (even on Air Canada 014 ticket stock )

Attached Images           

Last edited by 24left; Oct 30, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Thanks for sharing, 24left.

In terms of learning from best practices of others, I actually think UA offers some great lessons. I find their app very intuitive, bug-free, and just generally easy to use. Existing bookings are easy to retrieve and save, whether associated with a MP number or not.

AC's clunky thing feels like a beta to this day. Log-in issues and not being able to automatically retrieve bookings associated with my AP number are my greatest annoyances.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
AC's clunky thing feels like a beta to this day. Log-in issues and not being able to automatically retrieve bookings associated with my AP number are my greatest annoyances.
The app seems to automatically retrieve every booking of mine that has my number in the FQTV field.

Even UA.com bookings show up automatically (if there's an AC operated (but not even necessarily marketed) segment).

The only things that don't show up are my Aeroplan bookings, presumably because there's no FQTV field.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The only things that don't show up are my Aeroplan bookings, presumably because there's no FQTV field.
And that should not be in this day and age.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
If you are in the airline industry, you should not even benchmark to your peers because they are already behind... which makes you more behind... lol

The current AC app is filled with clutter, poor and inconsistent UI design.... I am not going to complain that much because with Cow's new service.... there is no point of me to even use it anymore.

Missing Features
* TRAVEL ADVISORY* (As far as my usage was during YYZ delays, I did not get any notifs in advance)
1) Luggage Notification
2) Automatic Boarding Notification (Its shocking how awful AC is at this, or that I even need to tell them?!)
3) Upgrade Notification
4) In terminal map
5) See what's available on flight
6) Automatic reservation retrieve (Its 2K17 AC jesus FFS)

They really could have build something that is delightful to use... but nah.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Oct 31, 2017 at 12:50 am
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Q400 bin space a problem. I never had any issue with my roll on, now tough to get into bin.

Issues are the following.

Cabin crew place bags into 1st few bins. Priority seats for premiunm customers are also the 1st few rows. Row 1AC and row 2 DF are bulk head so no availability of "under the seat in front of you" stowage.

YSB has a mix of Dash 100 and Q400 aircraft flights . Some flights sky check, next you are required to bring on board. Very confusing for infrequent flyer and some more experienced ones as well.

Pax going upstream while boarding to get to FA with carry on bag that will not fit. Delays boarding and 3 of my Q400 flights over last 10 days had delays due to this issue. GA required to tag bags at door of a/c. I have been smacked twice with bags held up to get back to front. (I sit at aisle)

I looked over to a Porter flight (Q400 at YSB) boarding next to us last week and they were sky checking. :-:

Pax confused as reality of checked bag vs. sky check hits home at deplaning and FA takes a lot of grief.

Bins are too small for legal sized rollons and door designed to not open fully.I now book row 4 back on Q 400 so that as a zone 1 I put roll on floor and carryon in bin. Zone 5s on a full flight .....
Fiordland likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acysb87
Q400 bin space a problem. I never had any issue with my roll on, now tough to get into bin.

Cabin crew place bags into 1st few bins. Priority seats for premiunm customers are also the 1st few rows. Row 1AC and row 2 DF are bulk head so no availability of "under the seat in front of you" stowage.

YSB has a mix of Dash 100 and Q400 aircraft flights . Some flights sky check, next you are required to bring on board. Very confusing for infrequent flyer and some more experienced ones as well.

Pax going upstream while boarding to get to FA with carry on bag that will not fit. Delays boarding and 3 of my Q400 flights over last 10 days had delays due to this issue. GA required to tag bags at door of a/c. I have been smacked twice with bags held up to get back to front. (I sit at aisle)

I looked over to a Porter flight (Q400 at YSB) boarding next to us last week and they were sky checking. :-:

Pax confused as reality of checked bag vs. sky check hits home at deplaning and FA takes a lot of grief.

Bins are too small for legal sized rollons and door designed to not open fully.I now book row 4 back on Q 400 so that as a zone 1 I put roll on floor and carryon in bin. Zone 5s on a full flight .....
I believe some Q400 have bigger bins than others. I'm not sure if they're planning an "upgrade".

Also, there is no zone 5 on AC Express
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:54 pm
Suspended

So what is your suggestion, since this the is AC Suggestion Box thread?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I believe some Q400 have bigger bins than others. I'm not sure if they're planning an "upgrade".

Also, there is no zone 5 on AC Express
Huh, did not know that. learned something new again today

No zone 1 either ,almost always. "Now boarding zones 1 and 2"
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
So what is your suggestion, since this the is AC Suggestion Box thread?
AC Express should add a zone 5?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Huh, did not know that. learned something new again today

No zone 1 either ,almost always. "Now boarding zones 1 and 2"
Yes, there are a couple of Q400s that Jazz acquired from another airline. They have smaller bins.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:18 am
Suspended

Well here's an idea if AC ever decides to .......

3D photos of aircraft interiors on seat map page

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...seat-map-page/
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:27 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by 24left
Well here's an idea if AC ever decides to .......

3D photos of aircraft interiors on seat map page

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...seat-map-page/
I will admit that I didn't get the excitement here until I read it was FIN specific. That could be very useful as AC does the Signature thing to bits of their fleet.

Know if only it could highlight stay flats in red ...
Old Oct 25, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Well, with the new IFE skins, one can now see an exterior 3D image of any AC aircraft type at least.
For what UA is doing, give AC 10 years or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.