Originally Posted by yyznomad
Happens.
All.
The.
Time.
Humans OH wait... lol
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Now I'm wondering why I don't just nest before the bulkhead on my regular 624 or 626.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
13K just tried to self-upgrade into 11G and got busted on AC877. Took her time to do the walk of shame.
Sopwith and Queen B like this.

Last edited by YVRtoYYZ; May 23, 2019 at 9:18 am
Old May 23, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
I was on a flight from SJO to YYZ on premium rouge. A passenger in Y asked the FA if it was ok if they upgraded to Premium Rouge if the flight was not full when passengers were boarding the plane. The FA said let's see based on how full Premium Rouge was. Then the FA has a conversation with the SD and asks if the passenger in Y can move up, the SD abruptly tells her no way that's not possible ever. Glad the SD made the right call, surprised the FA was unaware of the proper process.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Last week on YUL-YYC, the Gentleman in 19E asked the F/A if he can move when boarding was complete. I was sitting alone in 18D so I heard this. The F/A said yes anywhere from 19 to the back as passengers in 18 to the front of the cabin paid extra for their seats and would not appreciate if you did that.

I was happy to hear that - Love that F/A
Old May 23, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Last week on YUL-YYC, the Gentleman in 19E asked the F/A if he can move when boarding was complete. I was sitting alone in 18D so I heard this. The F/A said yes anywhere from 19 to the back as passengers in 18 to the front of the cabin paid extra for their seats and would not appreciate if you did that.

I was happy to hear that - Love that F/A
I'm guessing he then moved from his non-preferred seat to an exit row?
Old May 23, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
I was on a flight from SJO to YYZ on premium rouge. A passenger in Y asked the FA if it was ok if they upgraded to Premium Rouge if the flight was not full when passengers were boarding the plane. The FA said let's see based on how full Premium Rouge was. Then the FA has a conversation with the SD and asks if the passenger in Y can move up, the SD abruptly tells her no way that's not possible ever. Glad the SD made the right call, surprised the FA was unaware of the proper process.
I would wager the FA was/is well aware of the proper process but was too chicken to be the "bad guy". The ol' "let me ask my supervisor". Really bothers me when people fall back on that. You are trained for this job and you know the rules (unless it's your first week or something). Stand up to people for goodness sake.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I would wager the FA was/is well aware of the proper process but was too chicken to be the "bad guy". The ol' "let me ask my supervisor". Really bothers me when people fall back on that. You are trained for this job and you know the rules (unless it's your first week or something). Stand up to people for goodness sake.
Its Rouge. So the FA was likely very new on the job and/or too young to feel empowered to push back.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Is it possible that during the pre-flight briefing with the crew that SD instructed the FAs to always defer to the SD for such requests?
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
13K just tried to self-upgrade into 11G and got busted on AC877. Took her time to do the walk of shame.

I would make the walk go all the way from 11G to some vacant seat in the 50th or 60th row.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by mapleg
I would make the walk go all the way from 11G to some vacant seat in the 50th or 60th row.
Extra fun if you could find a 727. Your new first class seat is just down those stairs in the rear, sir.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm guessing he then moved from his non-preferred seat to an exit row?

Funny thing......when I checked in I saw that I was alone in the row , we were slightly delayed and they boarded an entire Asian Tour so the flight was full. Completely full and I lost my bed for the trip

That gentleman stayed right where he was, in 19E
Old May 27, 2019, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Funny thing......when I checked in I saw that I was alone in the row , we were slightly delayed and they boarded an entire Asian Tour so the flight was full. Completely full and I lost my bed for the trip

That gentleman stayed right where he was, in 19E
The best is when non-status GTEs on Basic fares get the remaining Preferred seats for free and yet the AC*DM or AC*EM sitting ten rows back in a regular seat on a Standard fare remains there. (Of course, acknowledging the musical chairs required to "do the right thing" would involve )

That's a form of unwilling self-upgrade, right?
Wings100 and gcashin like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Just flew on AC1811. Half way through the flight was awoken by an FA sternly telling the passenger in 4A he had to go back to economy.

He refused and ignore her. They want back and forth for a while until she threatened to call the captain. He still ignored her, and eventually was given a "red form" for disobeying crew orders (warning?). It was good to see the rules enforced, but this guy was just rude.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:03 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
A red card?

I've never seen one of those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.