FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1617243-air-canada-new-meal-offerings-international-business-class-customers.html)

yyznomad Oct 27, 2015 8:21 am

Originally Posted by GJS - yow (Post 25621589)
The Kit Kat seems to be replacing the sublime Lindt milk chocolate bar.:td: Talk about cheapening the product! I do not share your enthusiasm...

I never said it was being replaced (nor am I claiming that it is or isn't)... I only talked about what was new...

Melville Oct 27, 2015 8:53 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 25622293)
I never said it was being replaced (nor am I claiming that it is or isn't)... I only talked about what was new...

The Kit Kat seems to be replacing the sublime Lindt milk chocolate bar.:td: Talk about cheapening the product! I do not share your enthusiasm...

I like Lindt and Kit Kat ... plus the higher ratio of cashews over almonds is great! ^

canadiancow Oct 27, 2015 11:55 am

+1

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 25622261)
No one is ever going to be happy. LOL

While Lindt is fine, I am one of many who were really happy to see Kit Kat (as I noted in the North American meal thread) on AC 791 last week.

It would be nice if AC kept both options. There is certainly enough room in the snack basket. :D

I suppose it's a matter of which supplier they signed a contract with.

"And very happy to see Kit Kat in the snack basket. Yay!"

http://s7.postimg.cc/69a6draaj/image.png

But your photo even shows that they haven't changed "suppliers" or whatever. They still have Lindt. Just not the good Lindt. I have nothing against KitKat, but I love those milk chocolate Lindt bars.

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 25622293)

I'm claiming that it's been replaced :p

I snuck a Kit Kat on my last flight. I wish I could get some cheese and crackers in that basket though. Something a bit healthier :p

yyznomad Oct 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 25623451)
+1

Both the Lindts and Kit Kats were on my last two TATL flights. So AFAIC, there is no replacing. But I guess I'll report back today on 161, tonight on 156, and tomorrow on 872.

canadiancow Oct 27, 2015 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 25623859)
Both the Lindts and Kit Kats were on my last two TATL flights. So AFAIC, there is no replacing. But I guess I'll report back today on 161, tonight on 156, and tomorrow on 872.

Just to clarify, there used to be dark chocolate AND light chocolate Lindts.

Now I see dark chocolate Lindts and Kit Kats, but no light chocolate Lindts.

ACYYZ/SD Oct 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 25624012)
Just to clarify, there used to be dark chocolate AND light chocolate Lindts.

Now I see dark chocolate Lindts and Kit Kats, but no light chocolate Lindts.

And strangely (or not) the Kit Kats are now the first to be depleted.

The International Snack basket includes the above + Almonds/Biscoff Biscuit/Granola bars. Change is good.

canadiancow Oct 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD (Post 25624147)

The International Snack basket includes the above + Almonds/Biscoff Biscuit/Granola bars. Change is good.

Well don't get me wrong - I did take a KK on my last flight :p

But I did also enjoy the Lindt light chocolate.

ACYYZ/SD Oct 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 25624184)
Well don't get me wrong - I did take a KK on my last flight :p

But I did also enjoy the Lindt light chocolate.

Some old post ranted that AC shouldn't be carrying Lindt as it's too Swiss. Happy to report that we are now carrying the quintessential North American chocolate bar. Only Crispy Crunch would make it more Canadian. ;)

Jasper2009 Oct 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD (Post 25624195)
Some old post ranted that AC shouldn't be carrying Lindt as it's too Swiss.

Amazing what irritates some people. I could probably come up with several hundred AC-related complaints without wasting a thought on the chocolate's country of origin.

Happy to report that we are now carrying the quintessential North American chocolate bar. Only Crispy Crunch would make it more Canadian. ;)

How about Coffee Crisp?;)

Lights_a_blur Oct 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Some old post ranted that AC shouldn't be carrying Lindt as it's too Swiss. Happy to report that we are now carrying the quintessential North American chocolate bar. Only Crispy Crunch would make it more Canadian. ;)

Once Hawkins Cheezies are included, then we can really be Canadian.

I would love to wipe my pod of all the orange grime from previous partakers... At least I'd know what it is!

yyznomad Oct 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD (Post 25624147)

I guess I should start reporting all international snack basket items in addition to my full menu postings. :)

When I was offered the Biscoff on AC001 at the beginning fo this month I was quite delighted. :D

yyznomad Oct 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur (Post 25624251)
Once Hawkins Cheezies are included, then we can really be Canadian.

I would love to wipe my pod of all the orange grime from previous partakers... At least I'd know what it is!

Like lick their fingers almost clean and then wipe their wet saliva hands all over their pod seat. I've seen J slobs do this many-a-time and it is absolutely nasty to no end. Of course, some blowhards here will blame me for not stopping these slobs from doing what they do. It's all my fault for their slobbiness.

ACYYZ/SD Oct 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 25624240)
Amazing what irritates some people. I could probably come up with several hundred AC-related complaints without wasting a thought on the chocolate's country of origin.

How about Coffee Crisp?;)

Bingo!

24left Oct 27, 2015 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 25623451)
+1

But your photo even shows that they haven't changed "suppliers" or whatever. They still have Lindt. Just not the good Lindt. I have nothing against KitKat, but I love those milk chocolate Lindt bars.

I snuck a Kit Kat on my last flight. I wish I could get some cheese and crackers in that basket though. Something a bit healthier :p

Read my post.

I never said AC changed suppliers. I was replying to GJS - yow, who seems to think the Lindt have been replaced.

Rinse, Repeat:

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 25622261)
No one is ever going to be happy. LOL

While Lindt is fine, I am one of many who were really happy to see Kit Kat (as I noted in the North American meal thread) on AC 791 last week.

It would be nice if AC kept both options. There is certainly enough room in the snack basket. :D

I suppose it's a matter of which supplier they signed a contract with....

yyznomad Oct 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Now all AC needs to do is cater the European version of the regular Kit Kat ;)

Anyone know the difference? I do. It's a big difference.

Tip: Buy a Kit Kat from your local Boots at LHR and buy and then do a taste test with the North American Kit Kat. Big, big difference.

HFCS.