FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1617243-air-canada-new-meal-offerings-international-business-class-customers.html)

lallied Apr 13, 2018 5:13 am

I had garlic bread on AC34 on the 11th. Nice and herby. Not sure whether just SYD or the change as no mimosa and didn’t check bubbles . They also said will be mattress pads for J seats.

karachi Apr 13, 2018 10:26 am

After 4 TPACs/TATLs in the last 2 mths, I had my meals in the Sig Lounge/ANA lounge last week pre-flight and skipped the AC first meal. the choices between bad cajun chicken, bad fish, bad lasagna and tired old beef dish was too much. I applaud AC's creating fusion dishes with cajun/tikka stuff, but they are so watered down. I think Canadian palates are way more used to spice than they think, so they can kick it up a notch.

jc94 Apr 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by lallied (Post 29635471)
I had garlic bread on AC34 on the 11th. Nice and herby. Not sure whether just SYD or the change as no mimosa and didn’t check bubbles . They also said will be mattress pads for J seats.

Sorry you are saying AC is going to provide mattress pads for J? Is that for all seats of just those that deflate?

yyznomad Apr 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 29637088)
Sorry you are saying AC is going to provide mattress pads for J? Is that for all seats of just those that deflate?

All seats. This will be part of the new service.

YVRYEGYVR Apr 13, 2018 3:04 pm

AC003 food timing

Any comments on the AC Japanese meal service offered on YVR-NRT? They are vague in their description. What about the anytime noodles?

"Japanese meal offered with sake. Composed of an assortment of appetizers, side dishes, pickles, noodles and miso soup, accompanied by a hot main course of fried chicken and teriyaki chicken, steamed rice and mixed vegetables"

I was also considering making use of Dine Any Time, as I'm working the night before the flight, getting off only at 9am - thinking lounge for breakfast and a few drinks, sleep immediately on flight, eat all options after waking up before landing.

"Should you wish more time to work or sleep, enjoy your choice of main course served with salad, cheese and fruit, later during the flight. Please inform your flight attendant prior to take-off."

They almost deliberately leave out "bread" on the list- invariably when I choose this option on YYZ-YVR they never have bread left over.

Also- departing from YVR in J doesn't afford any special lounge benefits- whereas if this had been booked as YYZ-YVR-NRT in J I would have had access to the new signature suite? Any comparable product coming for J at other canadian airports for international departures?

yyznomad Apr 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR (Post 29637597)
Also- departing from YVR in J doesn't afford any special lounge benefits- whereas if this had been booked as YYZ-YVR-NRT in J I would have had access to the new signature suite? Any comparable product coming for J at other canadian airports for international departures?

Unfortunately, for the paid J passenger ex-YYZ and connecting domestically at YVR while on an international itinerary, like yourself... you don't have access to the YYZ Signature Suite as YYZ Terminal Domestic, Transborder, and International departure zones, for all intents and purposes, are sterile. (a regular passenger cannot freely go from one to the other)
If you were flying YYZ HND, for example, you'd have access to the Signature Suite. Since your YYZ YVR portion is domestic, you're relegated to the YYZ Domestic MLL.

YVRYEGYVR Apr 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29637615)
Unfortunately, for the paid J passenger ex-YYZ and connecting domestically at YVR while on an international itinerary, like yourself... you don't have access to the YYZ Signature Suite as YYZ Terminal Domestic, Transborder, and International departure zones, for all intents and purposes, are sterile. (a regular passenger cannot freely go from one to the other)
If you were flying YYZ HND, for example, you'd have access to the Signature Suite. Since your YYZ YVR portion is domestic, you're relegated to the Domestic MLL.

Oh I see, but as I'm leaving YVR going international- I was asking of a similar product to the YYZ Suite would be offered at other airports

Stranger Apr 13, 2018 3:14 pm

So, what's happening tomorrow?

24left Apr 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR (Post 29637623)
Oh I see, but as I'm leaving YVR going international- I was asking of a similar product to the YYZ Suite would be offered at other airports

Lots of discussion in The Signature Suite thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-suite-76.html

In the thread, there are comments that it is a bit frustrating for those who fly TPAC ex YVR for e.g. and fly YYZ-YVR to connect, thus no access

There was also mention in the thread a while back that some think AC would eventually do similar in YUL and YVR

Since AC isn't confirming or denying, it's speculation

yyznomad Apr 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR (Post 29637623)

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Given the YYZ Signature Suite is the first and only one of its kind for Air Canada... there isn't anything comparable at YVR with respect to AC, and I'm pretty darn sure there is nothing comparable at all in general at YVR. The Priority Pass lounge and YVR International MLL are the best you can get at this time... not sure what else there is.

yyznomad Apr 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 29637629)
So, what's happening tomorrow?

Tomorrow, as in Saturday, April 14, 2018?

If you're referring to the rebranding launch for international J, that's officially slated for April 17, 2018, but there have been a smattering of reports of people experiencing premature one-off things like garlic bread served in J and the such.

capedreamer Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Posting for @24left:

https://s9.postimg.cc/f9l5d2xa7/1mkl.png

24left Apr 15, 2018 8:54 pm

@capedreamer

Thanks!

Some fruit on AC 7 in case anyone is wondering....

https://s9.postimg.cc/929rcklzz/1fr.png

capedreamer Apr 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 29644662)

You got it to work. :)

24left Apr 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer (Post 29644670)
You got it to work. :)

^

LOL, life use to be simpler. :)