FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Fall 2014 Earn Your Wings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1606571-fall-2014-earn-your-wings.html)

Prewrappedbacon Aug 30, 2014 10:25 am

Originally Posted by itineranthistorian (Post 23448452)
I'm curious about people's previous experiences (since the T&Cs are silent on this, as far as I can tell) ...

Do AC metal flights count, even if booked through an intermediary airline? (i.e. I've got a multi-segment flight booked with United, but one segment, DCA-YUL, is on AC metal, and I'm curious if that will count in my favor.)

Although looking at the badge description for DCA, "Awarded when you take off or land in Washington D.C. – Dulles." (an airport AC doesn't even fly to) ... I don't hold out much hope. ;-)

Umm, AC Express/Jazz does...

itineranthistorian Aug 30, 2014 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Prewrappedbacon (Post 23448518)
Umm, AC Express/Jazz does...

Really? On the dates I looked at they definitely don't, nor do I see any during a brief perusal of the published AC timetable.

That begin said, DCA is definitely not Dulles airport (as per the badge description).

gabdusch Aug 30, 2014 11:57 am

Originally Posted by itineranthistorian (Post 23448690)
That begin said, DCA is definitely not Dulles airport (as per the badge description).

I believe it's a typo - should read Reagan Airport.

maradori Aug 30, 2014 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by itineranthistorian (Post 23448690)

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 23448868)
I believe it's a typo - should read Reagan Airport.

Although, if you think about it, DCA is an apt airport code for "Dulles is a Crap Airport" :D

Snow Goose Sep 8, 2014 12:38 pm

The first mystery badge has been revealed and goes into effect next week. It provides an additional 2500 or 5000 wings depending on how people vote this week per 6 Canada/U.S. Segments booked on or after September 15th. The 2500 number would apply to any fare, while the 5,000 number would apply to Flex and higher.

Personally I voted for the 5k Flex+ option.

On another note, it looks like we are all competing with Superman for top honours in EYW 3.

SG

YEGTigger Sep 8, 2014 12:43 pm

Anybody go over to the site and vote for the new badge? Voting this week only.

2500 wings for 6 segments in any fare within Canada or to/from US
or
5000 wings for 6 segments in Flex or higher within Canada or to/from US

Note: only segments booked after the badge is announced on Sep 15 will count :td:

http://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/vote

EDIT: Snow Goose was too fast for me.

alc Sep 8, 2014 1:00 pm

I am just wondering, is this really just mean "Tango" fare get 2500 wings and all other far get 5000 wings?

-- edit --

Sorry, i just login and understand what this is now. Having another senior moment :P

canadiancow Sep 8, 2014 1:53 pm

I voted for Flex.

I'm sure not participating in this contest if I can't upgrade ;)

Sean Peever Sep 8, 2014 1:54 pm

I love the idea that they are giving the vote to the public!

King Chung Huang Sep 8, 2014 2:24 pm

Is something supposed to happen when you click "Vote"? I've tried on two different browsers and nothing happens for me.

yvr76 Sep 8, 2014 3:55 pm

After you vote, it shows you the current %s. As of now it's 62% Flex, 37% Tango. Given that this is only for Altitude members, I'm surprised that anyone would vote Tango.

I'm now holding off any bookings until September 15th!

King Chung Huang Sep 8, 2014 4:18 pm

Huh. Well, the vote buttons don't work for me. Par for Air Canada's website!

Nitehawk Sep 8, 2014 5:48 pm

Hey guys,

how long does it take for your flights to post to EYW? So far nothing has posted for me but I have 5 segments that posted to AP since last tuesday.

yvr76 Sep 8, 2014 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 23495718)
Hey guys,

how long does it take for your flights to post to EYW? So far nothing has posted for me but I have 5 segments that posted to AP since last tuesday.

Refreshes in the last couple contests were very sporadic. Usually occurred once or twice a week, but not necessarily on set intervals.

Snow Goose Sep 9, 2014 7:17 am

Originally Posted by yvr76 (Post 23495272)
I'm now holding off any bookings until September 15th!

I suspect that there will be a new badge revealed each week for the next 3 weeks as the booking window for the contest narrows. I also wouldn't be surprised if mystery badge #2 targets international segments and badge #3 is both general in scope and the most generous of the three, but with a very narrow (1 week or possibly less) booking window.

SG