Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sticky fingers in J

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: AC*E
My work gave out cupcakes and instead of eating them, I brought home two for my SO and daughter. I hope there aren't any IBB threads about how I might be a potential thief.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by drdrma
My work gave out cupcakes and instead of eating them, I brought home two for my SO and daughter. I hope there aren't any IBB threads about how I might be a potential thief.
A warrant for your arrest is pending.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Lots of people are making fun of this, but if this were an employee in a grocery store taking food home at the end of their day, they would be fired.

It is easy to laugh at a few chocolate bars, and claim it is so little it does not matter, but I doubt most employers look past "minor" theft like this. Are taking a few cans of beer OK too? Some crappy headphones? One of those fleece blankets? A bottle of wine? All are very inexpensive items too.

If AC has an agreement with employees that said employees can take items from their food inventory at the end of their flight, then fine. Maybe some on here know the collective agreement (I do not) and that is part of it.

If they do have a "raid the pantry" clause, then I agree with those who believe it is not theft.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
My 2c is that the candy bars are not perishable, like cupcakes, or even fresh baked cookies, so 6 or 7 unused candy bars would reduce the amount of inventory replenished to stock for the next flight. Thus the disappearance of those candy bars, especially if a recurring pattern, is a tangible albeit small loss to the airline. Many company losses are a series of small individual losses. Look at the media hue and cry over the politicians expensing 90c cup of tea. If it is petty to complain about it, it's just as petty for an employee to take that much rather than buying their own candy. Taking a candy bar that one didn't have room to eat on the flight, sure, maybe even eating one and taking a second to eat later, if it was the world's best chocolate or one's personal favourite and hard to find at retail, but 6 or 7? Beyond a reasonable threshold in my book. I'm going to weasel out of taking a position on reporting, and all that, but I'm down with regarding it as inappropriate behaviour.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wings100
I see this frequently
Me too... I didn't think there was ever anything wrong with this... is there?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by drwilliams
Lots of people are making fun of this, but if this were an employee in a grocery store taking food home at the end of their day, they would be fired.

It is easy to laugh at a few chocolate bars, and claim it is so little it does not matter, but I doubt most employers look past "minor" theft like this. Are taking a few cans of beer OK too? Some crappy headphones? One of those fleece blankets? A bottle of wine? All are very inexpensive items too.

If AC has an agreement with employees that said employees can take items from their food inventory at the end of their flight, then fine. Maybe some on here know the collective agreement (I do not) and that is part of it.

If they do have a "raid the pantry" clause, then I agree with those who believe it is not theft.
So what would you do if you saw it? That was the OP's original question.

I wouldn't do anything. I don't get all fussed about confectionary and I have better things to do with my time.

What about you?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:39 pm

And Im sure none of you have ever taken pens from work, or printed personal things on the company printer.
Hang your heads in shame
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ant1029
And Im sure none of you have ever taken pens from work, or printed personal things on the company printer.
Or printed work-related stuff on your personal computer?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan ,Starwood,Priority Club,Amex Platinum,Airmiles,CIBC Gold
Send in your complaint letter to Air Canada!
They need/deserve a good laugh!!
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: IHG Gold
All the world is a policeman some days.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:59 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Don't sweat the small stuff...
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
I think you make too big of a deal out of this.

I'm amazed at how some people have such a moral high ground.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: AC, UA, IHG, SPG, Carlson
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Really...this bothered you?
This was the main reason my wife and I moved out of the Beach neighbourhood in Tronna, was because of neighbours who concerned themselves with life's minutia and that they the "proper police" were determined to have everything in life in a format that they saw fit.
I'm guessing the majority of us who happen to be in J are making more than said FA's. They didn't take them during the flight, thus depriving you of a chocolate bar you could have bought on the ground for $1-2.
No the flight was over.
Yet you not only took the time to mentally tsk...tsk, but to write about it on here.
I can't believe that this is that important to you?
Don't you have some folks in your 'hood who you could complain about how they park their cars, cut their lawns, and raise their children.
Please feel free to share your worldview with them, I'm sure they will be impressed.
^^^^
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:39 am

Came to the thread for something important...only found chocolate bars...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.