FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Distinction, Aeroplan's new member recognition program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1479850-distinction-aeroplans-new-member-recognition-program.html)

pitz Jun 27, 2013 7:29 am

I hereby nominate Aeroplan's management to the rank of dD.uchebags for messing with the redemptions on Asia Business/First awards.

Arghhhh... Really don't like this :(

alc Jun 27, 2013 7:30 am

Originally Posted by laidback71 (Post 20998459)
So they introduce this the year after large blocks of Aeroplan miles will be expiring with the first 7-year expiry date. Nice. Just burned off a bunch of miles at terrible rates to use up expiring points.

maybe that is why they remove the 7-year policy today.

global happy traveller Jun 27, 2013 7:32 am

Originally Posted by laidback71 (Post 20998459)
So they introduce this the year after large blocks of Aeroplan miles will be expiring with the first 7-year expiry date. Nice. Just burned off a bunch of miles at terrible rates to use up expiring points.

And they are increasing the mileage rates come 1 Jan 2014!

global happy traveller Jun 27, 2013 7:34 am

So its now called........ Attitude with a Distinction?!

CloudsBelow Jun 27, 2013 7:34 am

Great to see AP website as prepared as we'd expect them to be for the obvious increased traffic any 4th grader could predict after today's announcements. :rolleyes:

FreddyBe Jun 27, 2013 7:36 am

Originally Posted by 1011TriStar (Post 20998341)
Clauses per Aeroplan:
... the following miles are not eligible
for Distinction status ... bonus
miles received as a benefit of the Air Canada Altitude
program ...

It is conceivable that if you crossed a status threshold because of one the (fairly routine) "bonus status miles" offers, you might have higher status on Distinction than Altitude.

biglinguist Jun 27, 2013 7:40 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow (Post 20998621)
Great to see AP website as prepared as we'd expect them to be for the obvious increased traffic any 4th grader could predict after today's announcements. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm having trouble, too. And I guess not much is getting done in corporate Canada right now, as every single traveller in the country tries to check their Distinction status as soon as they get to the officce.

hydrogen Jun 27, 2013 7:41 am

Originally Posted by FreddyBe (Post 20998627)

Originally Posted by 1011TriStar (Post 20998341)
Clauses per Aeroplan:
... the following miles are not eligible
for Distinction status ... bonus
miles received as a benefit of the Air Canada Altitude
program ...

It is conceivable that if you crossed a status threshold because of one the (fairly routine) "bonus status miles" offers, you might have higher status on Distinction than Altitude.

You mean the other way around?

---

So forum name change potentially in the making?

eyeball1 Jun 27, 2013 7:45 am

Interesting they chose the name "Distinction". As I recall from an AC survey that was the runner-up name for the AC Altitude program.

Also, I'm quite surprised they removed the 7 year expiry rule. I would have thought the lure of removing all that liability from the books would have been irresistible...

pitz Jun 27, 2013 7:48 am

Originally Posted by eyeball1 (Post 20998682)
Interesting they chose the name "Distinction". As I recall from an AC survey that was the runner-up name for the AC Altitude program.

Also, I'm quite surprised they removed the 7 year expiry rule. I would have thought the lure of removing all that liability from the books would have been irresistible...

Nah just like any issuer of fiat currency, they'll just dilute the existing claims into oblivion.

Anyone taking bets on how long it will take them to demand an extra 5k on domestic rewards and eliminate the stopover privilege?

jaysona Jun 27, 2013 7:49 am

Originally Posted by biglinguist (Post 20998651)
Yeah, I'm having trouble, too. And I guess not much is getting done in corporate Canada right now, as every single traveller in the country tries to check their Distinction status as soon as they get to the officce.

Air Canada needs to separate the user authentication from Erroplan, I can't login to book flights, had to call in to have a manual booking done on my flightpass. It seems the SE desk was aware there was a problem, but have no idea it is related to the Errorplan website launch.

Yet more evidence that Lise needs to be fired! #fml. :rolleyes:

migali Jun 27, 2013 7:51 am

In addition, mileage levels for certain international routes (to/from North America to Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific; Middle East and North Africa; and Asia) for business and first class ClassicFlight Rewards will increase as of January 1, 2014
The only thing that AP miles are worth spending for they increase (apart from short expensive Jazz flights). Do not like.

DJ Bitterbarn Jun 27, 2013 7:52 am

I notice the raise seems to be all referring to the NA chart, no increases on, say, Europe-Asia flights. Yet. I can't really see any more since I can't even log into the site. I'll give it a day or two, but there's certainly both good and bad to this...

alc Jun 27, 2013 7:53 am

deleted

rankourabu Jun 27, 2013 7:55 am

Originally Posted by danapop (Post 20998207)
Maybe I'm niive but I don't think that many people spend 75-100K a year on a CC...

but its not too hard to sign up for a couple Amexes to get to 100k ;)