Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any Experience with LX Star Alliance upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat

I just successfully ( I hope) completed my first Star Alliance upgrade using AE points. I am in the midst of a CRWSTAR, and decided to try to UG my
LX flight from PVG-ZRH from C to F.

After several false starts, I completed the process on AE. On KVS I was
able to see the C seat re-enter their inventory, and the F seat count dropped
by one, in real time.

So I went to the LX web site to select my seat, but was unable to do so.

Now when I check my reservation on viewtrip.com, it shows the PVG-ZRH
leg notated as " cancelled". Is this standard procedure? Do I have anything to
worry about?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
I suggest you call LX directly to confirm your F seat, easiest way to confirm. Or if your ticket is booked on AC, call AC Concierge directly. Situations like this I always call to get to a human voice rather than searching around the web.

Someone just posted here they got Air China *A upgrade but apparently it got rebooked as a redemption ticket with no AE miles accumulated. Double check that before your fly your segment to make sure you get your status miles on the original LX booking with 125% bonus!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.