Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Boeing 777-300ER (77W) seating questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing 777-300ER (77W) seating questions

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Best business class seats on 77W

I'm trying to do a search, but there seems to be a problem because my searches using various terms are yielding no results.

In short, I'm flying from Vancouver to Hong Kong in their Executive First Class aboard their 77W in August. Seatguru.com gives so little information. What is the best business class seat if seated alone. Someone mentioned 11K in the past, but was wondering whether options for food run out on account of being seated in the back of the cabin.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Jim
Old May 18, 2011, 8:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I like 2 or 3 A or K. Row 1 has a window missing at the front and so does 6, from memory. The back of the second cabin is too close to the riff raff in Y (as well as the galley/toilet traffic).
Old May 18, 2011, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC*SE,SPG Platinum,HHounours Gold, FairmontPlat
Originally Posted by iker
I'm trying to do a search, but there seems to be a problem because my searches using various terms are yielding no results.

In short, I'm flying from Vancouver to Hong Kong in their Executive First Class aboard their 77W in August. Seatguru.com gives so little information. What is the best business class seat if seated alone. Someone mentioned 11K in the past, but was wondering whether options for food run out on account of being seated in the back of the cabin.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Jim
Jim I do this almost weekly and IMHO I like Seats 3A, 4A 5A, 3K, 4K and 5K. less noise and also close proximity to the front door to race out really quick especially if you have a tight connection in HKG and on the return to use the R2 door in YVR to get off the aircraft first.

I don't like seats 6A or 6K as they are too close to the galley and for the same reasons seats 7G and 7D. They slam those duty free carts sometimes in and out against the wall so much you can't sleep!
Personally I don't like being seated in the second cabin if I can avoid it.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. A colleague mentioned seat 11a/k for it's privacy (I guess people don't walk by and can't see you sleeping, but proximity to the curtain and noise from economy seems potentially disruptive to sleep. Am I looking at this correctly?
Old May 18, 2011, 9:55 am

Thanks for the thread, I'll fly YYZ-NRT in 77W too and right now has 11A chosen (some say it's the most private seat)...

but I'm open to hear more comments and change if needed

SeatGuru link for 77W
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...ng_777-300.php
Old May 18, 2011, 10:08 am
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Thanks for your responses. A colleague mentioned seat 11a/k for it's privacy (I guess people don't walk by and can't see you sleeping, but proximity to the curtain and noise from economy seems potentially disruptive to sleep. Am I looking at this correctly?
Yes you are. But I have been in 11a several times in the last few months and never had a problem with noise. I wonder if they are putting the babies one bulkhead back precisely to avoid this problem.
Old May 18, 2011, 10:09 am
Suspended

Just remember that the first row of Y (right behind you if you are in 11A/K) is where the baby bassinets go. That row is usually/often reserved for parents with babies. Are you sure you want a TPAC flight potentially seated 2 inches from a screaming baby?
Old May 18, 2011, 10:18 am
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Just remember that the first row of Y (right behind you if you are in 11A/K) is where the baby bassinets go. That row is usually/often reserved for parents with babies. Are you sure you want a TPAC flight potentially seated 2 inches from a screaming baby?
Maybe I've just got lucky. But now that those seats are premium, doesn't that mean that they will typically be occupied by pax with status? or by the lucky VBIF who checks in right after the pax with status gets upgraded? Not willing to risk it, I am going to ac.com right now to move out of my 11A booking next week
Old May 18, 2011, 10:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SYM
Maybe I've just got lucky. But now that those seats are premium, doesn't that mean that they will typically be occupied by pax with status? or by the lucky VBIF who checks in right after the pax with status gets upgraded?
Possibly...and to make sure I wasn't spouting bollocks, I checked the seat map. 77Ws appear not to have the bassinets in the first economy cabin, just in the back two, but the 77Ls have them in both economy cabins (ie right behind row 11).

I just don't think it's worth the risk (and look at my signature...)
Old May 18, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: Free Agent
I love 11A on the 77- the curved wall is an effective sound barrier to Y and combined with noise cancelling earbuds/plugs (which I use on all flights in any event) I have never been disturbed. Re meal choice- am batting 1000 on meal of choice (am AE Elite). Best advice is to try it for yourself; we all value things slightly differently but the reduced traffic in flight is the winner for me.

Last edited by canolakid; May 18, 2011 at 12:23 pm Reason: math IS hard...
Old May 18, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Personally, I'm good with anything from Rows 2-5, A or K.

As mentioned, it really depends on what your personal preferences are.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:38 am

I had 11K last month, twice. A bit noisy on take off but the engines settled down.

On one flight, I did have a crying kid and I was really worried but that only lasted about 1/2 hour. So I guess that is always a possibility.

Got the meal I requested.

Overall, I liked it.

So, like another suggested, give it a try.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

So 11a/k is fine on 77W but not on 77L b/c there are no bassinets in the bulkhead row of economy cabin directly behind the executive first cabin on the 77W?
Old May 18, 2011, 12:46 pm
Suspended

So 11a/k is fine on 77W but not on 77L b/c there are no bassinets in the bulkhead row of economy cabin directly behind the executive first cabin on the 77W?
The second part is true...but why risk it (always the risk of equipment change).
Old May 18, 2011, 2:37 pm
Original Member

You should avoid 11A at all costs.

Over and above the econo-noise previously mentioned, on that seat the IFE only has closed-captioning, the seat doesn't recline, it's made of bricks, doesn't have a seat belt, and there is no tray table so you will not be served a meal. And oh yeah, that seat has bedbugs.

It other words, stay the hell out of my seat.

(Try for that seat on SYD-YVR on a flight I'm on, and the concierge will have moved you to a "better" seat before I even arrive at the airport.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.