Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"You should speak to tech, or pay me $30 + tax to book"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Tried to book on aeroplan site. (when you try to book travel only)
Message has read for many hours:

Page Unavailable
The page that you have attempted to access is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again at a later time.

Called an agent and she said, "You should speak to tech, or pay me $30 + tax to book" -- never ending up booking as my time was up and she did not want to repeat the itin again. "That will be $30 + tax for my time and $496 for taxes"...no thank you -- I am sure the IT boys will get things up and running
and I can actually see my itin. OH air kaNAda...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
I'm on now and getting the same message

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that IT is "fixing" the stealth promo

Whitey.

Btw, sounds like you felt a bit of attitude.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: AC SE, PC-Platinum Royal Ambassador, DL-Silver, HH-Gold, Marriott-Gold
I think the AC Excs are doing the math to see if they need to run the promo (glitch) little longer
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by eman384
I think the AC Excs are doing the math to see if they need to run the promo (glitch) little longer
No need for these execs to do it as I've *ahem* already done it for them and it's a resounding, fist-pounding "yes"; continue for another week or so and don't forget to open up inventory!

W.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:35 am

if its J class, suck it up and pay :P
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
It may be a longshot or just plain coincidence, but on Sunday, I was also getting tons of errors with one booking. I was using IE8. When I switched to Chrome, the overall experience was so much faster and was able to complete my booking in one try. So maybe the cookies were messed up or something else, but you may want to try a different browser.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
I always have to call to book. The web booking engine of AP is so lame that I can never book anything useful in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.