FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Any chance of YVR-HKG going back to 2am departure? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1190241-any-chance-yvr-hkg-going-back-2am-departure.html)

CdnFlier Mar 3, 2011 1:30 am

Any chance of YVR-HKG going back to 2am departure?

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything or had anything more than a guess from a hat about the YVR-HKG flight and if there's any chance it will be going back to the late night departure this summer?

It's not in the sked now however it was great for allowing people from afar to get into YVR throughout the day and make the flight. I was hoping if it had gone well then perhaps it owuld be back this year. With all the HKG sales it seems like they are working hard to fill the planes up.

cinycat Mar 3, 2011 11:40 am

Please No

I live just across from the airport. Please, no late night flights. When they use the north runway for takeoffs in the summer, it sounds like a jet is coming into my bedroom. So, please no late night flights on the north runway. The past 2 summers it has been bad, supposedly because they are "fixing" the south runway. Also, when the winds are in a certain pattern, they need to take off in such a way that it is very noisy. So, please no (whoever is listening in the AC hierarchy).

Spot planes Mar 3, 2011 12:08 pm

My question is why CX can fly 3X daily YVR-HKG (well, 2 flights ares circle flights via JFK) and AC cannot even fill one daily YYZ-YVR-HKG flight. Something wrong with their marketing and sales. AC was not even daily certain time of the year.

I like the midnight flight out of YVR for easy connection at HKG.

rehoult Mar 3, 2011 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Spot planes (Post 15969215)
My question is why CX can fly 3X daily YVR-HKG (well, 2 flights ares circle flights via JFK) and AC cannot even fill one daily YYZ-YVR-HKG flight. Something wrong with their marketing and sales. AC was not even daily certain time of the year.

I like the midnight flight out of YVR for easy connection at HKG.

The biggest component of that is that the entire CX staff is bilingual, and AC's is nowhere close to that. As a Cantonese speaker where would you put your business?

Spot planes Mar 3, 2011 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult (Post 15969304)
The biggest component of that is that the entire CX staff is bilingual, and AC's is nowhere close to that. As a Cantonese speaker where would you put your business?

Certainly disagree. I used to fly CX a lot. Their FAs are international (East Asia). Not ALL FAs are Cantonese/Mandarin/English. Yes, CX has more Chinese/English FAs on each flight.

Before AC, I have been on a CP YVR-HKG B747 with all YVR based Chinese FAs.

jarusoba Mar 3, 2011 1:23 pm

The midnight flight out was great while it lasted. As we usually go to HKG for weekends. Departing at night would allow us to get to HKG a lot sooner.

King Chung Huang Mar 3, 2011 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 15969766)
The midnight flight out was great while it lasted. As we usually go to HKG for weekends. Departing at night would allow us to get to HKG a lot sooner.

Same here. I quite liked the midnight schedule. It saves a day of usable time in HK.

jarusoba Mar 3, 2011 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by cinycat (Post 15969035)
I live just across from the airport. Please, no late night flights. When they use the north runway for takeoffs in the summer, it sounds like a jet is coming into my bedroom. So, please no late night flights on the north runway. The past 2 summers it has been bad, supposedly because they are "fixing" the south runway. Also, when the winds are in a certain pattern, they need to take off in such a way that it is very noisy. So, please no (whoever is listening in the AC hierarchy).

You should just move if you don't like it, unless you lived there BEFORE YVR was built.:p

CdnFlier Mar 3, 2011 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 15969766)

My thought exactly, the midnight schedule allowed me to take a few weekend trips that worked out quite well, however with the morning schedule you really lose out on time. Oh well, hopefully it will get brought back!

I just wish all these sales actually significantly changed the price :)

tracon Mar 3, 2011 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 15969846)
You should just move if you don't like it, unless you lived there BEFORE YVR was built.:p

+1^

why fly Mar 3, 2011 10:06 pm

stick with the daytime flights.