Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any chance of YVR-HKG going back to 2am departure?

Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything or had anything more than a guess from a hat about the YVR-HKG flight and if there's any chance it will be going back to the late night departure this summer?

It's not in the sked now however it was great for allowing people from afar to get into YVR throughout the day and make the flight. I was hoping if it had gone well then perhaps it owuld be back this year. With all the HKG sales it seems like they are working hard to fill the planes up.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: AC Elite, AA Advantage, BA
Please No

I live just across from the airport. Please, no late night flights. When they use the north runway for takeoffs in the summer, it sounds like a jet is coming into my bedroom. So, please no late night flights on the north runway. The past 2 summers it has been bad, supposedly because they are "fixing" the south runway. Also, when the winds are in a certain pattern, they need to take off in such a way that it is very noisy. So, please no (whoever is listening in the AC hierarchy).
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC E50K
My question is why CX can fly 3X daily YVR-HKG (well, 2 flights ares circle flights via JFK) and AC cannot even fill one daily YYZ-YVR-HKG flight. Something wrong with their marketing and sales. AC was not even daily certain time of the year.

I like the midnight flight out of YVR for easy connection at HKG.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Spot planes
My question is why CX can fly 3X daily YVR-HKG (well, 2 flights ares circle flights via JFK) and AC cannot even fill one daily YYZ-YVR-HKG flight. Something wrong with their marketing and sales. AC was not even daily certain time of the year.

I like the midnight flight out of YVR for easy connection at HKG.
The biggest component of that is that the entire CX staff is bilingual, and AC's is nowhere close to that. As a Cantonese speaker where would you put your business?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by rehoult
The biggest component of that is that the entire CX staff is bilingual, and AC's is nowhere close to that. As a Cantonese speaker where would you put your business?
Certainly disagree. I used to fly CX a lot. Their FAs are international (East Asia). Not ALL FAs are Cantonese/Mandarin/English. Yes, CX has more Chinese/English FAs on each flight.

Before AC, I have been on a CP YVR-HKG B747 with all YVR based Chinese FAs.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
The midnight flight out was great while it lasted. As we usually go to HKG for weekends. Departing at night would allow us to get to HKG a lot sooner.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jarusoba
The midnight flight out was great while it lasted. As we usually go to HKG for weekends. Departing at night would allow us to get to HKG a lot sooner.
Same here. I quite liked the midnight schedule. It saves a day of usable time in HK.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by cinycat
I live just across from the airport. Please, no late night flights. When they use the north runway for takeoffs in the summer, it sounds like a jet is coming into my bedroom. So, please no late night flights on the north runway. The past 2 summers it has been bad, supposedly because they are "fixing" the south runway. Also, when the winds are in a certain pattern, they need to take off in such a way that it is very noisy. So, please no (whoever is listening in the AC hierarchy).
You should just move if you don't like it, unless you lived there BEFORE YVR was built.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
My thought exactly, the midnight schedule allowed me to take a few weekend trips that worked out quite well, however with the morning schedule you really lose out on time. Oh well, hopefully it will get brought back!

I just wish all these sales actually significantly changed the price
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:36 pm

You should just move if you don't like it, unless you lived there BEFORE YVR was built.
+1^
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
stick with the daytime flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.