Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC at Logan - Horrible!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
AC at Logan - Horrible!

I fly about 150k a year, usually on UA and LH. My business booked me in J for BOS-YYZ-FCO today (I wanted to avoid AZ), and I was astounded to see how dirty, disorganized, busy, and claustrophobic the AC terminal at Logan was. No lounge, of course (you have to go through US Air security and with 60 min to spare I didn't want to risk it). Why not at least give Executive First passengers here a $10 meal/drink voucher to use at the tiny Cosi concession that's in here? I actually suggested it to the flustered AC agent and got a blank stare. Oh well, a man can dream...

Here's hoping that flying high in the new 763s from YYZ to FCO is fun at least...
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
They also refuse to speak/make announcements in French there
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by tennisboy
Here's hoping that flying high in the new 763s from YYZ to FCO is fun at least...
That you should enjoy. Report back if you don't.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Bilingual Service

How dare those New Englanders not speak French??!!?? Can't they import some from Franco-Americans from Manchester,NH or Woonsocket,RI??? Time for me to sue AC for $12k for violating my rights as a Canadian for service in French!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
YYZ/YUL - FCO flights are all scheduled to operate on XM'd 767-300's offering full Executive First Service.

BOS is not the only airport that does not have direct lounge access (meaning not having to pass through an alternate concourse). Given the frequent summer weather disruptions at US East Coast airports all areas of Logan Airport turn chaotic at the turn of a dime.

On the plus side, the AC departure gates are about 10 steps from the pavement. This is my valiant attempt to focus on the positive.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:28 pm

@EWR u get a rundown UA RCC!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Or take the bus to a President's Club in another terminal.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Or take the bus to a President's Club in another terminal.
do they allow that? Cause i know they do check/scan boarding passes
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:56 pm

I fly about 150k a year, usually on UA and LH.
How are you AA plat then?

What does BOS's crappy terminal have to do with AC. What does AC have there? - 4*YYZ, 3*YUL, 2*YOW? Not exactly a big presence

Tell us how the MLL in YYZ compares to the RCC you're used to. And how YYZ compares to ORD
Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Update: At YYZ now. But let's talk about my first AC flight in a while (sorry, not many positives here!):

- They "forgot" to bring food on-board for First. They instead gave us all a business card with a FAX number and PO Box (no voice number) to complain.

- Water/dust was falling from the plane onto me in my seat most of the flight.

- The terminal was chaotic as a flight was canceled and ours was delayed 30 minutes.

Positives:

- Canada Dry Ginger Ale (made with sugar, not high fructose corn syrup) is way better than Seagram's.

Then I got off my plane and walked what seemed like a mile looking for Customs. At the end of the road a few passengers were congregating in a strange little area and an airport employee kept yelling out to them, and now me, "You have landed US, yes?!!?" I nodded in agreement and she whisked me away to the "waiting area" with the rest of them. Not knowing what was to come next, we waited 15 minutes until she made us number off (she could only take 13 of us!) and led us through a secure gate, down another hall, around the corner to the Customs agents.

I've honestly never had a weirder experience at an airport before. Oh, and the MLL is very nice indeed - fully stocked, etc. - though its openness makes it impossibly loud. Would I take it over a crappy RCC? Of course! But take me to The Wing at HKG anytime!

OK, now I promise I will be positive. If I can't share these experiences with you all, then what would I do!? I'm actually very much looking forward to the 763 experience...
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I despise BOS, it's just a terrible airport in general imo. I try to fly to MHT when I need to go to that area, although that usually means enduring a short hop on an E145 or B1900.
- They "forgot" to bring food on-board for First. They instead gave us all a business card with a FAX number and PO Box (no voice number) to complain.

- Water/dust was falling from the plane onto me in my seat most of the flight.
Sounds like a terrible experience! AC takes forever to pick up the phone (except their own elites) anyways so it's almost a good thing they didn't give you a voice #. I wish they had a system like UA where if something goes to s**t on your flight you can automatically get an e-voucher on .bomb.

Oh, btw... it's called "Executive", not "First" in our world. We don't pretend it's something it isn't!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
The RCC at EWR is really not rundown. It's large and largely empty most of the time. The staff is also very friendly.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS

Positives:

- Canada Dry Ginger Ale (made with sugar, not high fructose corn syrup) is way better than Seagram's.
Hate to break it to you, but Canada Dry and all major sodas in Canada use high fructose corn syrup as well. However on our labels it is called Sugar/Glucose-Fructose.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by D582
Hate to break it to you, but Canada Dry and all major sodas in Canada use high fructose corn syrup as well. However on our labels it is called Sugar/Glucose-Fructose.
Yeh, via a quick check it seems like Canadian "pop" (soda is an americanism that I refuse to use) is a mix of sugar (sucrose) and glucose-fructose (corn syrup) of indeterminate proportion. Whereas at least some US sodas are all corn. Apparently you can get kosher passover Coke in parts of the US that is all sugar.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:18 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Yes AC at Logan is a little strange.

But on the bright side, think of how little time you actually have to spend at the airport. Arrive late, spend more time in the wonderful city sleeping in or seeing the sights and go from curbside, to check in, to security, to gate in, in less than 75 meters (that's Canadianese!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.