FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Identify problem airports with late baggage delivery (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1130300-identify-problem-airports-late-baggage-delivery.html)

airbus320 Sep 26, 2010 9:57 am

Identify problem airports with late baggage delivery

I noticed that there was a thread that related delays with luggage delay at the arrival airports.

My suggestion here is to identify problematic airports for luggage delivery. Details would be helpful. Priority luggage delivery would also be helpful.

If this thread has any traction, I will later post the link to this thread to the suggestion box thread.

AC can then identity the weak points in the baggage delivery system and fix them.

mileageking Sep 26, 2010 10:03 am

carry-on only for me.

payam81 Sep 26, 2010 10:35 am

YYZ consistently ranks as the slowest airport for me followed by LAX.

YYZ_TVGuy Sep 26, 2010 11:14 am

Elll. Ayyy. Exxxx.

jarusoba Sep 26, 2010 11:20 am

YYZ:eek:

canforce Sep 26, 2010 11:35 am

BRU..... I know it isnt a large destination for AC, but last flight I waited 45 minutes for the baggage at the carousel after waiting for 20 minutes in the immigration line.

On a small plus the priority bags were the first out.

nobody-elite Sep 26, 2010 12:58 pm

YYZ. :td:

A few things that I would like to see YYZ change besides the slow baggage delivery.

1. Charging $2 for a luggage cart and then when you return the cart you only get 25 cents back

2. Not having your luggage automatically go through to your connecting flight.

hjohnson Sep 26, 2010 1:18 pm

The other issue with YYZ is the silly way they handle the inevitable clogs on the carousel when they're dispensing the bags from big flights.

Last time this happened, an employee came out, unclogged the belt, and started the belt up again, resulting in another clog 30 seconds later. This process was repeated until a bunch of us frustrated passengers started standing up the bags to allow more to be packed on the belt. When we asked him why he wasn't doing that, his response was "Unless the belt is clogged, I'm not allowed to touch the bags".

global happy traveller Sep 26, 2010 1:26 pm

YYZ and on occasion YVR

cinycat Sep 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller (Post 14797791)
YYZ and on occasion YVR

AMEN to that. Strangely enough, EWR is pretty quick.

fin 645 Sep 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by hjohnson (Post 14797715)
The other issue with YYZ is the silly way they handle the inevitable clogs on the carousel when they're dispensing the bags from big flights.

Last time this happened, an employee came out, unclogged the belt, and started the belt up again, resulting in another clog 30 seconds later. This process was repeated until a bunch of us frustrated passengers started standing up the bags to allow more to be packed on the belt. When we asked him why he wasn't doing that, his response was "Unless the belt is clogged, I'm not allowed to touch the bags".

This, and most of the other YYZ issues already posted in this thread are yet another indication of GTAA's ineptitude. Not to mention their unfathomable method of directing high baggage/frequency flights to one carousel (eg YVR at No 4) while YUL/YOW with low volume baggage needs are on a perpetually empty No 1.

Crampedin13A Sep 26, 2010 3:09 pm

YYZ:td:

Baggage delivery there still drags down all the very significant improvements I've noticed when I've flown AC in the last year or so.

tnkngn Sep 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by hjohnson (Post 14797715)

+1

Happens each and every time I arrive at YYZ from FRA...........

Sopwith Sep 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Is this the place to start on the usefulness (or not) of priority tags? :mad:

Stranger Sep 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Maybe the thread should be renamed and redirected as "identify which problems YYZ does NOT suffer from?" :D