Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Identify problem airports with late baggage delivery

Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I noticed that there was a thread that related delays with luggage delay at the arrival airports.

My suggestion here is to identify problematic airports for luggage delivery. Details would be helpful. Priority luggage delivery would also be helpful.

If this thread has any traction, I will later post the link to this thread to the suggestion box thread.

AC can then identity the weak points in the baggage delivery system and fix them.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:03 am

carry-on only for me.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
YYZ consistently ranks as the slowest airport for me followed by LAX.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Elll. Ayyy. Exxxx.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
YYZ
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: AC
BRU..... I know it isnt a large destination for AC, but last flight I waited 45 minutes for the baggage at the carousel after waiting for 20 minutes in the immigration line.

On a small plus the priority bags were the first out.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:58 pm

YYZ.

A few things that I would like to see YYZ change besides the slow baggage delivery.

1. Charging $2 for a luggage cart and then when you return the cart you only get 25 cents back

2. Not having your luggage automatically go through to your connecting flight.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC SE
The other issue with YYZ is the silly way they handle the inevitable clogs on the carousel when they're dispensing the bags from big flights.

Last time this happened, an employee came out, unclogged the belt, and started the belt up again, resulting in another clog 30 seconds later. This process was repeated until a bunch of us frustrated passengers started standing up the bags to allow more to be packed on the belt. When we asked him why he wasn't doing that, his response was "Unless the belt is clogged, I'm not allowed to touch the bags".
Old Sep 26, 2010, 1:26 pm

YYZ and on occasion YVR
Old Sep 26, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC Elite, AA Advantage, BA
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
YYZ and on occasion YVR
AMEN to that. Strangely enough, EWR is pretty quick.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by hjohnson
The other issue with YYZ is the silly way they handle the inevitable clogs on the carousel when they're dispensing the bags from big flights.

Last time this happened, an employee came out, unclogged the belt, and started the belt up again, resulting in another clog 30 seconds later. This process was repeated until a bunch of us frustrated passengers started standing up the bags to allow more to be packed on the belt. When we asked him why he wasn't doing that, his response was "Unless the belt is clogged, I'm not allowed to touch the bags".
This, and most of the other YYZ issues already posted in this thread are yet another indication of GTAA's ineptitude. Not to mention their unfathomable method of directing high baggage/frequency flights to one carousel (eg YVR at No 4) while YUL/YOW with low volume baggage needs are on a perpetually empty No 1.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
YYZ

Baggage delivery there still drags down all the very significant improvements I've noticed when I've flown AC in the last year or so.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA MP - 1K
Originally Posted by hjohnson

+1

Happens each and every time I arrive at YYZ from FRA...........

Last edited by tnkngn; Sep 26, 2010 at 6:57 pm Reason: Adding comment
Old Sep 26, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Is this the place to start on the usefulness (or not) of priority tags?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe the thread should be renamed and redirected as "identify which problems YYZ does NOT suffer from?"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.