FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Some Latitude (B fares) still not fully refundable? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1121846-some-latitude-b-fares-still-not-fully-refundable.html)

Stranger Aug 31, 2010 10:01 am

Some Latitude (B fares) still not fully refundable?

I wanted to cancel a ticket. Called the SE line. Agent insists my Latitude fare is
subject to a cancellation fee.

I know that there were some such fares in the past, but I was under the impression that they had all been eliminated some time back?

yyz_atc_qq Aug 31, 2010 10:11 am

What is the market?

Jasper2009 Aug 31, 2010 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 14577919)
I wanted to cancel a ticket. Called the SE line. Agent insists my Latitude fare is

I know that there were some such fares in the past, but I was under the impression that they had all been eliminated some time back?

Unfortunately no.

Especially many B fares from Europe to the US via Canada have a cancellation fee, on the other hand they are much cheaper than B fares from Canada to Asia/SYD, so I´m not complaining. ($1300 for a confirmed C class seat to the West Coast is a pretty good deal IMO)

D582 Aug 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Air Canada definitely needs to do something about this on their website though.

I just did a search LHR-SFO (via YVR/YYC/YYZ) on Latitude fare basis BLXNCGBW. On the summary screen it says:

- Tickets are fully refundable and non-transferable.
- Changes are permitted free of charge, subject to availability.

However in the fare rules it says tickets are non-refundable and changes carry a fee of 100 GBP. The average person does not read the complete fare rules - all they see is spelled in bold text that the ticket is fully refundable and changes are free.

tinchote Aug 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 14580437)

I just did a search LHR-SFO (via YVR/YYC/YYZ) on Latitude fare basis BLXNCGBW. On the summary screen it says:

However in the fare rules it says tickets are non-refundable and changes carry a fee of 100 GBP. The average person does not read the complete fare rules - all they see is spelled in bold text that the ticket is fully refundable and changes are free.

What would be the difference with a T+ ticket, then?

Troja Aug 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by tinchote (Post 14581155)
What would be the difference with a T+ ticket, then?

To UG with SWU in advance;)

tinchote Aug 31, 2010 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Troja (Post 14581221)
To UG with SWU in advance;)

Good point :)

pxy_a Sep 1, 2010 8:00 am

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 14580437)

I'm wondering if it might also depend on the agent you speak with on the reservations line. Recently I had to change my B fare ticket (TATL) and I asked if I could just refund the ticket, and they said there would be no fee to refund it.

payam81 Sep 1, 2010 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 14577919)

What does the fare rules attached to your email receipt say? Some fares ex-International still carry a change and cancel fee in B.

Those fare rules in your receipt take precedence over the fare rules in the reservation system, although some agents foolishly try a duel to death over it. Just a few nights ago I had to go through one extremely thick headed agent who outright refused to change my B ex-NRT fare for free, per fare rules included in my receipt. She then went on to refuse to transfer me to a lead agent saying "they have better things to do with their time sir!", amongst other tid bits of insult mixed in here and there. I just simply thanked her and hung up, called again and got a fabulous agent who took care of the change in minutes once I sent him a PDF of my receipt.

Needless to say I've initiated complaints at several levels regarding the treatment I received by the first agent with a few very "concerned" responses from different AC management teams so far. Seriously, do some agents really think by just refusing to connect you to a supervisor the pax would put up and shut up?

Stranger Sep 1, 2010 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by payam81 (Post 14586754)
What does the fare rules attached to your email receipt say? Some fares ex-International still carry a change and cancel fee in B.

Those fare rules in your receipt take precedence over the fare rules in the reservation system, although some agents foolishly try a duel to death over it.

Good point, thanks.