Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

When do 2010 benefits start if I didn't have status last year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP E, A3 G, SPG G

Hi all, I searched the early recognition sticky but couldn't find a definitive answer to this question.

I had NO status last year and only qualified in late December as E. I know benefits such as the use of certs, etc. will only be valid for me come March 1. However, I noticed that the Aeroplan w/s recognized me as Elite as well as the AC website when I do a booking. Question is does this entitle me to lounge access (assuming the agent will be ok looking up my status as I do not have a card) before Match 1, 2010?

Thanks,

AClover
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by AClover
I had NO status last year and only qualified in late December as E. I know benefits such as the use of certs, etc. will only be valid for me come March 1. However, I noticed that the Aeroplan w/s recognized me as Elite as well as the AC website when I do a booking. Question is does this entitle me to lounge access (assuming the agent will be ok looking up my status as I do not have a card) before Match 1, 2010?
For all intents and purposes, you are now Elite.

All printed benefits (certs, card, lounge passes) etc. have an expiry date, but no "beginning" date. You can use certs as soon as you have them.

Lounge agents should let you in. Print off you AP page (in colour). If you have any current bookings, call AC reservations or use the website to remove you AP number and then add it back, which will then cause your boarding passes to reflect your Elite status.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I can't remember the exact date, but I think I had received my 2009 card by this time last year. It's not showing as mailed yet on the website, but I'd expect you will receive your 2010 Elite card within a couple of weeks. You'll have no problems accessing the lounge after that. Before that just tell them that you haven't received your card and show them the printout as zorn suggests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.