Wiki Posts
Search

Nigerian Visa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Nigerian Visa

Hi,
I need help with my visa application. There is a long list of requirements, and several things that we are not sure about. I'm wondering if there is anyone who has filled out the application and was successful in getting a Nigerian visa, who can help me.
The tourist visa requires proof of hotel accommodations, which I understand, but also the manager's information and ID number.
I appreciate any help as the process is overwhelming.
Thank you.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

This is what is required for a tourist visa:
1. Original Passport valid for at least 6 months
2. One recent coloured passport size photograph with at least 3 months validity. Another site requests two pictures but not sure what they use it for. Do they apply this to the visa?
3. Completed online Entry Visa Application Form and Sign
4. Confirmed Payment
5. Visa Acknowledgment Slip - I'm guessing this means the receipt or confirmation that you completed your application?
6. Forward original passport, all required documents and a self-addressed return CANADA POST PRIORITY OR XPRESSPOST ENVELOPE ONLY.
7. Drop off the visa application is Tuesday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 1:00pm.
Can I send it by registered mail as I live 4 hours from Ottawa?
8. Photocopy of Yellow Fever vaccination certificate.

Requirements for Tourist Visa:
ITEMS 1-12 above +
a. A typed self-explanatory letter request for Tourist visa - I'm not sure what I am supposed to write here besides a request for a Tourist visa for (dates) and to visit friend.
Is there anyone who has done this and would be willing to help or share their letter?
b. Letter of Confirmation of employment from employer in Canad
c. A confirmed hotel reservation for the duration of stay in Nigeria, and copy of Hotel Employer's Identification Card - I booked my hotel for Lagos but will then be traveling to another town (Enugu) to visit another friend. What do I do? And why do I need to get a copy of an employer's identification card from the hotel?
d. Evidence of sufficient funds: Photocopy of Receipts for the purchase of U.S. funds from the bank considered adequate to cover the cost of the trip and not Statement of Account.
Does it have to be from the bank? What if I go to one of those money exchange places in the mall? Also, how much is "sufficient" for them? I don't know how much to bring as I don't know how much things cost in Nigeria.
Thanks! : )

​​​
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

2. One recent coloured passport size photograph with at least 3 months validity. Another site requests two pictures but not sure what they use it for. Do they apply this to the visa?
4. Confirmed Payment
5. Visa Acknowledgment Slip - I'm guessing this means the receipt or confirmation that you completed your application?
6. Forward original passport, all required documents and a self-addressed return CANADA POST PRIORITY OR XPRESSPOST ENVELOPE ONLY.
7. Drop off the visa application is Tuesday to Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 1:00pm.

ITEMS 1-12 above +
a. A typed self-explanatory letter request for Tourist visa - I'm not sure what I am supposed to write here besides a request for a Tourist visa for (dates) and to visit friend.
Is there anyone who has done this and would be willing to help or share their letter?
c. A confirmed hotel reservation for the duration of stay in Nigeria, and copy of Hotel Employer's Identification Card - I booked my hotel for Lagos but will then be traveling to another town (Enugu) to visit another friend. What do I do? And why do I need to get a copy of an employer's identification card from the hotel?
d. Evidence of sufficient funds: Photocopy of Receipts for the purchase of U.S. funds from the bank considered adequate to cover the cost of the trip and not Statement of Account.
Does it have to be from the bank? What if I go to one of those money exchange places in the mall? Also, how much is "sufficient" for them? I don't know how much to bring as I don't know how much things cost in Nigeria.

​​​
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Sorry! I didn't mean to post twice.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Hello?? Anyone??
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:56 am

The only part I think I can answer is the sufficient funds part. Places usually only require you to prove you have enough money to easily support yourself for the duration of your trip, so provided you're comfortable you can do that it shouldn't be a problem.

Either way, I recommend you either email or ring an embassy and ask. It doesn't necessarily have to be your closest one, though that would obviously be ideal
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Nigeria is a mess. Call them and see if you can get some answers before going to the embassy.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Isabella36
4. Confirmed Payment

ITEMS 1-12 above +

​​​
For the passports, i think you should follow the information given to you by the Nigerian High Commission Ottawa website. The self explanatory letter should be about your request for the visa, your tourist journey, like places you plan on visiting and also your letter must state that the Nigerian High commission will not be held responsible if you encounter any problems and you are able to cover costs such as accomodation, feeding and maybe deportation. I'm not saying you will be deported, the letter is just an acceptance of immigration responsiblity. The evidence of funds must be from the bank and at least 100 dollars per day in Nigeria. You will not even spend up to 50 dollars per day in Nigeria unless you are a shopaholic or maybe you eat in expensive restaurants or you plan on visiting two places in a far location using Uber. The best thing is to contact the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa. The phone number is on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.