Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Club delayed AGAIN until end 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Club delayed AGAIN until end 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blagger
I think Silk Cut will lose his GC membership before AerClub opens, so he will lose his points.

And if you think that 2 Avios for 1 GC point is a good deal then I have a bridge to sell to you.
If he loses his GC membership for this year thats another thing however Silk Cut will still get 2 for 1 avios on his lifetime points, its up to him whether he joins AerClub to available of it.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Drums
If he loses his GC membership for this year thats another thing however Silk Cut will still get 2 for 1 avios on his lifetime points, its up to him whether he joins AerClub to available of it.
Aer Club states:
"If you are an Applicant member, you will be awarded Tier Credits against the volume of Gold Circle points you have already accumulated. This will allow you to continue your progression to attain Silver membership".

As I will be relegated to the Purgatory that is Gold Circle Applicant membership, what do they mean by Tier Credits?- I'm not convinced that means Avios.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Silk Cut
what do they mean by Tier Credits?- I'm not convinced that means Avios.
Tier credits, as the name suggests, are the credits that count towards determining your tier.

In the BA scheme, these are called Tier Points.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Tier credits, as the name suggests, are the credits that count towards determining your tier.

In the BA scheme, these are called Tier Points.
My concern is that last year, I tried to use 9000 points for Brown Thomas vouchers but couldn't as I was in Applicant mode. Applicant status hardly fills me with confidence.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Silk Cut
My concern is that last year, I tried to use 9000 points for Brown Thomas vouchers but couldn't as I was in Applicant mode. Applicant status hardly fills me with confidence.
Agreed if your in Applicant status you will get basically nothing unfortunately
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Sounds like Aer Club might actually be coming this time.

Spoke to the girls in the lounge the other day and they've been on a training course. Apparently the individual packs are being produced in advance of a launch at the end of November.

Anyone seen any literature on the qualification criteria for each tier?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Sounds like Aer Club might actually be coming this time.

Spoke to the girls in the lounge the other day and they've been on a training course. Apparently the individual packs are being produced in advance of a launch at the end of November.

Anyone seen any literature on the qualification criteria for each tier?
Just heard the same myself. Heard tier notification emails will be sent out this week or next at the latest!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Originally Posted by Drums
Just heard the same myself. Heard tier notification emails will be sent out this week or next at the latest!
That would make sense and seem to confirm the end of November launch given that they have told us since the outset that we would be contacted about 1 month before launch regarding our tier and receive our new membership packs at that time too.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I see Super Valu have relaunched there loyalty scheme, they are supposed to be partners with Aerclub for avios earning so look like the pieces are starting to come together
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
From the Aer Lingus website:

Confirmed Gold Circle members will receive regular emails from our loyalty team to keep you up to date with programme developments, information and new collection and redemption partners as they come on board.

When will Aer Lingus be announcing the selected airline and non airline partners? 

Aer Lingus will announce our new non air and airline collection and redemption partners, over the next couple of months. This will include the many opportunities that members will have to boost their Avios points.

They've been saying this for months now and yet we've heard absolutely nothing apart from the trickle of information kindly contributed by members on this site - I think their communications strategy for this new programme has been very poor.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mb48
They've been saying this for months now and yet we've heard absolutely nothing apart from the trickle of information kindly contributed by members on this site - I think their communications strategy for this new programme has been very poor.
There is not much point in them making any further communications until the programme is launched and up and running.

I know some of us here are eager to know and would like every new piece of new information communicated as soon as it is decided by EI - but, in general, drawing attention to the "way overdue and still not ready" new programme is not good marketing. I would prefer that they concentrate on assembling the programme, launching it - and then going on a marketing blitz.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:17 am

Yes fair point and I do agree that it is better to focus on working to create a really good loyalty programme, however, they should not then say they will be communicating with members regularly to update them when in fact they are not.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:49 pm

My biggest issue is that they have revealed nothing about elite qualification criteria. Will I be silver? Will I be platinum? Given the lack of information and the devaluation of any remaining GC points, I've been flying Delta.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blagger
My biggest issue is that they have revealed nothing about elite qualification criteria. Will I be silver? Will I be platinum? Given the lack of information and the devaluation of any remaining GC points, I've been flying Delta.
You will most likely lose your tier now as qualification will be based off your most recent flying activity probably last 12 months from launch as is the process in the current Gold Circle.

What levels get you into which tier is another thing however now that Aer Lingus are in bed with IAG I wouldn't see it deviating much from BA Exec club logic.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
What I'd like to know is that the tier points that I've been accumulating over the last 9 months will still allow me to move up a tier in February (all going to plan). i.e. that the clock doesn't reset on qualifying activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.