FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Issue booking some United awards (insufficient miles) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1978516-issue-booking-some-united-awards-insufficient-miles.html)

jktraveler Jul 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Issue booking some United awards (insufficient miles)

Has anyone experienced issues booking some UA awards with A3 miles? Keep getting error message abou not enough miles (required 12,500 and I have more than required in my account).

irishguy28 Jul 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by jktraveler (Post 31314398)
(required 12,500 and I have more than required in my account).

Are you sure?

Is your account linked with other peoples' accounts? ("Together" account)

jktraveler Jul 17, 2019 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 31314622)
Are you sure?

Yes, 12,700 miles and it's not linked.

headingwest Jul 18, 2019 1:22 am

I would phone Aegean and explain that there is some technical problem. They should waive the booking fee.

Or maybe send them an e-mail explaining the problem and detailing the flight(s). They might even book it for you that way, if you don't want to call.

jktraveler Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Called today their US number and got connected to a very nice agent in a matter of seconds. After few minutes on the phone checking the issue, she said my itinirerary was pricing as return for some reason, thus 25,000 miles instead of 12,500. She placed my reservation on hold and promised to call me back tomorrow with details. She also mentioned her full name like 3 times and made sure I took a note of it asking me to call should I have any more questions:) In contrast to SAS, where agents are mostly acting as if they are doing you a favor (even if you are flying in business), A3 seems to be highly polite at all times (and I don't even have status with them). Will update tomorrow.

nk15 Nov 24, 2019 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 31314622)
Are you sure?

I have the same problem, why does it matter if you have a together account?

nk15 Nov 25, 2019 12:29 am

So, let me fill you in, this has been going on for a while, it is their garbage IT, she said it is a known error and "they are trying to fix it." For months now....

So you have to call in after 9am in Greece to book this, when customer service is open (the Miles and Bonus night shift cannot resolve it), so they can manually override the system and book it. In the meantime, after waiting 7 hours for customer service to open, the award space is now gone...