Wiki Posts
Search

Denied Fast Track as *G in TLV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Denied Fast Track as *G in TLV

I just cleared security in TLV. There was a guy checking people's boarding passes at the entrance to the fast track lane. Even though my BP clearly said Fast Track, this guy denied me entry saying that the fast track lane is ONLY for people with business class tickets. When I tried pointing out that my BP states Fast Track he got angry and started raising his voice. It's TLV and I didn't want to make a scene, so I shrugged my shoulders and went to the normal lane. Fortunately there were no queues anyway and I got through almost as quickly as I would have done in fast track.

It still cheeses me off though. I had this kind of behaviour once in MAD and I knew I was in the right so I got someone from LH to tell the fast track dragon that I had a right to enter. In TLV I preferred to keep my head down and not kick up a fuss.

Has anyone else had this problem in TLV or did I just get unlucky with a security goon in a bad mood?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:35 am

I think you just got unlucky. I never had an issue in TLV with A3. ( Unless something has changed recently ) .
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Which security are you talking about? before or after check in?
Both are not designated "elite fast track but business class"
BUT
In the security line before check-in I usually say business class and they let me thru. Once a year they ask to see proof.
In the security line after check in they only let business and first.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:32 am
Original Poster

The guy was certainly in a foul mood - it's like he was looking for excuses to deny me access. There was nobody else waiting behind me either.

Maybe it's because he was unaware of the access for A3 *G? I showed him my BP twice but he barely looked at it - he just started barking at me that only business pax are allowed.
My understanding of TLV is that fast track is not guaranteed for *G in Y but that A3 have their own arrangement for their elites (ie. similar to what they have at IST for passport control?).
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Houminer
Which security are you talking about? before or after check in?
Both are not designated "elite fast track but business class"
BUT
In the security line before check-in I usually say business class and they let me thru. Once a year they ask to see proof.
In the security line after check in they only let business and first.
I had no bags to check-in so it was the second one. I thought maybe A3 *G are allowed as exception to the F/C rule (see DELLAS post above).
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
.My understanding of TLV is that fast track is not guaranteed for *G in Y but that A3 have their own arrangement for their elites (ie. similar to what they have at IST for passport control?).
I would be surprised if A3 have any agreement in TLV, they don't even have a station manager like other companies.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:12 am

Fast Lane access in more airports for Gold Miles&Bonus Members!

We announce that the option to access Fast Lane before the Security and Passport Control has expanded in more international airports. Just display your Gold Miles&Bonus card for immediate access to your boarding gate or to the Passport Control 1 ("TAV Passport") and reduce your waiting time. Enjoy the highest level of recognition and benefits designed to make your Gold travel experience more comfortable and convenient.

Airports boasting Access to Security Control Fast Lane are:

Athens

Chania new

Heraklion

Thessaloniki

Barcelona new

Brussels

Budapest new

Dusseldorf

Frankfurt new

London-Gatwick new

London-Heathrow

Madrid

Milan-Malpensa

Moscow- Domodedovo new

Munich new

Paris-Charles de Gaulle new

Prague new

Rome-Fiumicino

Stuttgart

Tel Aviv

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...bonus-members/
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:04 pm

I was aware of this. The question is if A3 discussed this with anyone at TLV.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:57 am
Original Poster

It sounds like you would need your actual physical Gold card to get through then, rather than just showing the BP designation or the app equivalent. I couldn't show one as I made *G at the beginning of Feb and I'm still waiting for my card to arrive. In any case, he didn't ask me to show the M&B card - he seemed entirely unaware of such arrangements and/or unwilling to accept non-J pax.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Is this theoretically available for all *G members (like United) or only A3?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:29 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
No only A3, but individual airlines have to make individual agreements.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:36 am

It sounds like you would need your actual physical Gold card to get through then, rather than just showing the BP designation or the app equivalent. I couldn't show one as I made *G at the beginning of Feb and I'm still waiting for my card to arrive. In any case, he didn't ask me to show the M&B card - he seemed entirely unaware of such arrangements and/or unwilling to accept non-J pax.
A3 have an agreement direct with TLV airport. Next time ( if there is one ) show your Gold card and see what is said. If you are refused you could go back to check in and ask them to escalate it. Also a quick email to A3 would not do any harm either.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
A3 have an agreement direct with TLV airport.
Do you know if this agreement is for both security checks?
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
I just cleared security in TLV. There was a guy checking people's boarding passes at the entrance to the fast track lane. Even though my BP clearly said Fast Track, this guy denied me entry saying that the fast track lane is ONLY for people with business class tickets. When I tried pointing out that my BP states Fast Track he got angry and started raising his voice. It's TLV and I didn't want to make a scene, so I shrugged my shoulders and went to the normal lane. Fortunately there were no queues anyway and I got through almost as quickly as I would have done in fast track.

It still cheeses me off though. I had this kind of behaviour once in MAD and I knew I was in the right so I got someone from LH to tell the fast track dragon that I had a right to enter. In TLV I preferred to keep my head down and not kick up a fuss.

Has anyone else had this problem in TLV or did I just get unlucky with a security goon in a bad mood?
+1 here, that's exactly what happened to me last year and I just walked away like how you feel...
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
I had the same experience of being denied very rudely and aggressively. Unfortunately for them, I speak particularly supercilious Hebrew, so I managed to get them to actually show me their chart with which airlines have an arrangement for their status fliers to use the Fast Track. Lo and behold, A3 are not on it. I raised a complaint with A3 about it, and they replied as follows.

Dear frb98mf,

Thank you for your email, while please allow us to extend our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Further to the latest update, we are sorry to confirm you that fast track is currenlty available at Tel Aviv Airport for Business Class passengers only, while the service shall not be available for Gold Members.

Please note that we are in contact with Tel Aviv Airport as well as with our Marketing Division, so as we can update the relevant field of our website the soonest possible.

We do apologize for the information given and the upheaval caused due to this occurrence. Should we have any further update on this matter, we shall keep you noted.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.