Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuts in SAS earning [GoLight to zero, PE/J reducing from 1st Apr 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
So we are going down this ........ with fare buckets mapping different?

Tap all over again.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by -Heathcliff-
I was just informed by Aegean that SAS has denied my retro-claim for two SK flights flown in August, saying that "the ticket you had bought was in the Go Light category, and this category, Go Light and W fare, doesn't give any miles."

I'd certainly like to know since when this change has been in effect and why this was not communicated in advance.
I'm new here, but have kept tabs on the info on this forum for a while. OWE for 10+ years and *G for 15+ years but moving *G to Aegean. I basically completed blue to silver in September. This included a couple of early morning SAS flights that only put me out of my way by an hour or so each. All 6x segments below were 'O' class and booked early September. All 6x segments were credited to Miles & Bonus within 48 hours of flying. All were Go Light. The Malaga flights were SAS Ireland.

AGP to ARN to FRA £70.70 2,577 booked 30th August flown 9th September
FRA to OSL to EDI £104.94 1,200 booked 5th September flown 11th September
AGP to ARN to NCE £69.68 3,010 booked 18th September flown 26th September

It's around 1st October that the notes were added to the SAS earnings matrix. Maybe around then there was some sort of change. But not for me during September anyway.
:D! likes this.

Last edited by Olocho; Oct 4, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Nervously waiting....

Just come home flying SAS on T fare (GO SMART not GO LIGHT). Saw outbound flight credited but still waiting for the inbound/return flight credit... Needed for requalification...

Looking up credit time and ended up here... Hope it will be automatically posted to account in next few days w/o manual process...
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Well as long as they keep their grubby hands off the 200% on SAS+ fares.

I've got WAW-CPH-MAN booked to get back to Brexitannia for Christmas and that's what I'm expecting to requalify for *G on.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Well as long as they keep their grubby hands off the 200% on SAS+ fares.

I've got WAW-CPH-MAN booked to get back to Brexitannia for Christmas and that's what I'm expecting to requalify for *G on.
The mileage earning is supposed to be an incentive to book SAS+ so somehow I doubt they'll reduce it.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:44 am

Just to add some data point,

Flight on 5 oct, Youth V Light upgraded to Youth A Pro, still not credited

Flight on 6 oct, Youth V Light, still not credited
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Silver | Aegean Miles & Bonus - Gold | IHG - Gold | Marriott - Silver
Currently on a C fare with SAS airlines. ARN-CPH-AGP-ARN hopefully netting me 7000 points...
ermis177 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by howarsan
Currently on a C fare with SAS airlines. ARN-CPH-AGP-ARN hopefully netting me 7000 points...
Did you buy C or did you upgrade from Y? Since I did upgrade in Aug (PRG-ARN-AGP-ARN-PRG), flew in Aug and didn't receive any miles till now! I communicate this via twitter but also wrapped whole communication and created new incident. I am really upset to still not have miles in my account.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Silver | Aegean Miles & Bonus - Gold | IHG - Gold | Marriott - Silver
Originally Posted by romans
Did you buy C or did you upgrade from Y? Since I did upgrade in Aug (PRG-ARN-AGP-ARN-PRG), flew in Aug and didn't receive any miles till now! I communicate this via twitter but also wrapped whole communication and created new incident. I am really upset to still not have miles in my account.
I bought outright for £271.60 return (ARN-AGP) as having read the issues some travellers have had trying to retro claim on upgraded flights, it wasn't worth the hassle. And SAS plus was reasonably priced (think about £120 return more than SAS go). Also I don't have the time to bounce around Europe so I figured this would save time.

I was originally going to go to Athens again on a fare someone has mentioned (one way flights from £85, the return was very expensive) but then I saw AGP return was cheaper. So it's not too bad at nearly 3.5p something per tier mile

I combined this with my 3-4th required BA sectors and double Avios promo currently running
yurtripper and romans like this.

Last edited by howarsan; Oct 8, 2019 at 8:41 am
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I never need any excuse to go to AGP. especially during the cold and nasty winters in Poland, so I'll bear that in mind
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by mylabel
Just to add some data point,

Flight on 5 oct, Youth V Light upgraded to Youth A Pro, still not credited

Flight on 6 oct, Youth V Light, still not credited
Updated: today both flights have been fully credited automatically according to the chart.
LiHS and romans like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by mylabel
Here we are folk, the fun is about to end.

T and O in light can not be earned anymore.

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...-airlines/#SAS
Crud, 2 weeks before my kids flight to the US in O Light. So much for their Gold renewal.
I understand the logic behind the devaluation, but there is almost nothing that I can do now as they Gold period ends on Nov 4th. Frustrating!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just to confirm - domestic sector OSL-TRD ticketed in O class flown on Saturday just credited to my account. 600 miles. Note that this was a fare WITH baggage, and not a Go Light fare. Happy to see that the system CAN differentiate between a GO SMART and a GO LIGHT fare, even though they are both ticketed in O class.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by livious
Crud, 2 weeks before my kids flight to the US in O Light. So much for their Gold renewal.
I understand the logic behind the devaluation, but there is almost nothing that I can do now as they Gold period ends on Nov 4th. Frustrating!
Upgrade?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by Yreal
Upgrade?
Looks to be the only option, but I am curious how that will work as it is a Youth Light fare. I called SAS yesterday and asked about upgrading to a new booking class but was told that this was not possible on a youth fare. Guess I need to roll the dice with Plusgrade and see if they get lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.