Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLO not available for S19?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

MLO not available for S19?

For some reason Milos is unbookable right now after March 30 (for both arrivals and departures). Its summer schedule is posted on their site, but I get an error message when trying to book.

Customer service was not able to help. It’s literally the only island that does this, I have no problems anywhere else.

The route doesn’t show up on Google Flights. It DOES show up on Expedia but gives an error message there too when trying to book.

Frustratingly this is the last piece of the booking puzzle for us and it’s really holding us back! Any thoughts?

EDIT: This is an Olympic Air flight, but every other Olympic route gives me no trouble when booking on Aegean’s website. Maybe a problem at Milos airport?

Last edited by gonebabygone; Sep 13, 2018 at 11:37 am Reason: Words
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Definitely they have not completed loading the fare buckets for this route after March 30th, but I guess this should not be an obstacle for a ticket to be purchased (even from the expensive fare buckets available ATM).
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alexandros Bravos
Definitely they have not completed loading the fare buckets for this route after March 30th, but I guess this should not be an obstacle for a ticket to be purchased (even from the expensive fare buckets available ATM).
Exactly!

I'm assuming there's nothing I can do?

I'm not sure how long this might take to get fixed, but it would be sad to watch all my other segments get snapped up while I wait for this to clear up...
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:37 pm

Technical problems happen all the time here and there. Yesterday I booked an award business class seat for a friend of mine with A3 and tried to have him take the seat next to me. The business class cabin was empty -save for my occupied seat- though the system did not allow me to place my friend next to me. Called the agent who informed me that there seems to be a technical problem of an unknown nature and advised me to try again the following days. Today I was able to book the desired seat.

Let's not forget: "Good things come to those who wait"
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Technical problems happen all the time here and there. Yesterday I booked an award business class seat for a friend of mine with A3 and tried to have him take the seat next to me. The business class cabin was empty -save for my occupied seat- though the system did not allow me to place my friend next to me. Called the agent who informed me that there seems to be a technical problem of an unknown nature and advised me to try again the following days. Today I was able to book the desired seat.

Let's not forget: "Good things come to those who wait"
True words!

Although it would be easier to accept if the multiple agents I spoke with could have admitted it was indeed a 'technical problem' instead of just rudely telling me that the reason I can't book is because there are obviously no tickets left because the planes are sold out
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by gonebabygone
True words!

Although it would be easier to accept if the multiple agents I spoke with could have admitted it was indeed a 'technical problem' instead of just rudely telling me that the reason I can't book is because there are obviously no tickets left because the planes are sold out
Maybe they have yet to get the PSO rights to Milos so they can't release the flights yet. I seem to remember something similar happened with Syros a couple of years back and, in the end, Sky Express got the rights so OA don't fly there any more.

I'd just go ahead and book the other parts of the itinerary. For sure, some cheap tickets will be available to Milos at some point - even if not with OA. Just keep your eye on it for the next few weeks.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
...I'd just go ahead and book the other parts of the itinerary. For sure, some cheap tickets will be available to Milos at some point - even if not with OA. Just keep your eye on it for the next few weeks.
@gonebabygone: You can always take a fast/slow ferry to Milos (which is what I would personally do, but I guess this is a Geschmackssache )
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:31 am

It's fixed now. At least for me (and via the OA website). Prices start from 52 euro (ex-ATH)
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
It's fixed now. At least for me (and via the OA website). Prices start from 52 euro (ex-ATH)
Yes I see that! Thanks!

I'm actually looking for an award seat, and they've released April and May seats to Aeroplan, but strangely nothing after May 31st - despite having done so for all their other destinations

Milos is proving to be a tricky one! Continued patience is the order of the day I suppose.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:32 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Keep in mind that they may never release award space for certain routes at certain times.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Keep in mind that they may never release award space for certain routes at certain times.
Hmm that's interesting, would you mind elaborating?

So far Aegean has released plenty of Summer 2019 reward seats for almost all of the islands, with the exception of smaller islands like Milos and Skiathos.

Why might reward space never be made available on those routes?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by gonebabygone
Why might reward space never be made available on those routes?
Because they can easily sell all seats for cash...
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:38 pm

Exactly. Last year for example they never offered award seats on the LHR-ATH route between beginning of July and mid August.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Because they can easily sell all seats for cash...
Exactly. Last year for example they never offered award seats on the LHR-ATH route between beginning of July and mid August.
Wow ok I didn’t realize that! I’m looking at June dates, but that’s still good to know.

Forgive my ignorance, but is Milos really that much more in-demand of a destination than islands like Naxos or Corfu (both of which have plenty of award availability)?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:58 am

Lower demand for flights (plenty of ferry boats to an island close to Athens than Naxos) leading to lower availability (146 seats daily to MLO vs 480 and 192 to CFU and JNX respectively). Also, concerning demand, Corfu can be reached by car and short ferry hop, making it mych cheaper for families or groups than flying there. Believe me, they know what they're doing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.