Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Golight to Flex

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Changing Golight to Flex

Is it possible to change Golight fare to Flex after the purchase? If possible, what would the fee be? Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:45 pm

Fare difference, plus 20 € call fee if you do it by phone. Done it a couple of times...
Argyris likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by KLouis
Fare difference, plus 20 € call fee if you do it by phone. Done it a couple of times...
It is good to know this. I tried on a couple of occasions some time ago but was refused.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: A3 *G
I don't think you can do that for just the 20 Euro call centre fee. A GoLight fare is 50 Euro for ANY change (plus the 20 Euro fee).
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I don't think you can do that for just the 20 Euro call centre fee. A GoLight fare is 50 Euro for ANY change (plus the 20 Euro fee).
That is 70 € plus fare difference? I don't remember having paid that much, but you may indeed be right. I remember a) this being doable and b) not very expensive...
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It depends on the flight length. The price difference (at same fare) between goLight and Flex is anywhere between 15 (?) and 45 (?) euro. So I would expect that the costs would be:

- Price difference between GoLight and Flex (15 to 45 euro)
- Fare difference (if any, may be possible to stay within same fare even if already sold out?)
- Call centre fee (20 Euro)
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
I called two separate Aegean agents today and tried to upgrade two different Go Light tickets to Flex. Both agents informed me that this was strictly not allowed as GL tickets have limited change capabilities.

Could you please share with me your secret to success? Is it speaking Greek or perhaps Hellenic charm? Whatever the case, it is very important that information posted on Flyertalk is accurate and up-to-date. Could someone else try to do such an upgrade and report on the results - it should be done with an actual existing booking!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by johnirvine
I called two separate Aegean agents today and tried to upgrade two different Go Light tickets to Flex. Both agents informed me that this was strictly not allowed as GL tickets have limited change capabilities.

Could you please share with me your secret to success? Is it speaking Greek or perhaps Hellenic charm? Whatever the case, it is very important that information posted on Flyertalk is accurate and up-to-date. Could someone else try to do such an upgrade and report on the results - it should be done with an actual existing booking!
Despite previous comments, I really don't think this is possible (but I didn't say before because people seemed to have first hand experience). Surely that's the point - a Flex ticket is flexible and a Golight just... well, isn't! Aegean know that as soon as the ticket is changed to Flex, the pax. is going to go ahead and also change the date of travel, so why would they allow that? Make the pax who got a cheaper non-flex ticket buy a new one. Anything else is just lost revenue.
irishguy28 likes this.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Jan 6, 2018 at 12:42 am
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:25 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Yes, but a GoLight ticket is also flexible, so there is no need to buy new tickets. Its just not flexible for free. The only difference with Flex is that there is no ~60 euro penalty to change flights.

However in that way it also makes sense to not allow the 'upgrade', as the fare difference between GoLight and Flex is less than the 60 euro change fee. And like you said, somebody requesting this change is very likely to want to change the ticket.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: A3*G

I tried using my Greek charm with an active booking and got a negative response.
They told me exactly the same: "GL tickets have limited change capabilities. Unfortunately this can't be done"
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:21 pm

Reading you people's latest posts, I must say that A3 changed their rules during last year or so. It wouldn't be the first time. So be it then, one more reason to check well the details of one's booking before finalizing it!

PS @ knobbgb: Feel free to write what you want next time, I don't bite, you know...
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

You simply CANNOT change your ticket like that.

If that was the case, there would be no point in offering tickets with different conditions. Otherwise - as you appear to wish to do now - any cheap, non-refundable ticket could be "upsold" to a flexible ticket, and once this is done, could then be cancelled in full without penalty. This would be a mechanism to override the conditions of the ticket bought originally. As such, there would be no point for airlines to sell anything other than fully-flex tickets.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28

If that was the case, there would be no point in offering tickets with different conditions. Otherwise - as you appear to wish to do now - any cheap, non-refundable ticket could be "upsold" to a flexible ticket, and once this is done, could then be cancelled in full without penalty. This would be a mechanism to override the conditions of the ticket bought originally. As such, there would be no point for airlines to sell anything other than fully-flex tickets.
I totally agree with you. However, it was reported in this thread that ticket change was possible and the price was even given. That is why I issued a challenge for someone to achieve what I knew was impossible!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Argyris
I tried using my Greek charm with an active booking and got a negative response.
They told me exactly the same: "GL tickets have limited change capabilities. Unfortunately this can't be done"
Greek charm worked fine in the good old Olympic Days, not anymore with Aegean! Tried once changing to an earlier Aegean flight out of HER to ATH after showing up at the airport earlier than expected, was asked for a lot of money so just waited!
Argyris likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by irishguy28

Changing go light to flex is basically a cash upgrade and Aegean would be stupid if they stopped offering that. Why would they offer different tickets, but deny an upgrade? If you pay a change fee and the difference to a flex ticket at the price of the date of change...?
Also, a flex ticket can not be cancelled free of charge (please look up the fee yourself), it can only be changed free of charge to another date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.