Flights disappearing from booking engine

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
Flights disappearing from booking engine

Hi all,

First time flyer on Aegean.

I am going to Amman from Amsterdam on the 31st. When I look on Skyscanner I see a cheap option with Aegean.

I go to Aegean's website to book. It claims no flights that day.

When I search Amsterdam - Athens: up to 5 options for Aegean operated flights that day. And then again from Amsterdam to Athens.

What did I do wrong? Is the website playing silly beggars?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
What did I do wrong? Is the website playing silly beggars?
On the Aegean site (where it says no flights), click on 'more options' and enter the flights manually.

However, the price there comes out as 134.01 EUR. Personally I'd book it via one of the online travel agents linked from Skyscanner.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
On the Aegean site (where it says no flights), click on 'more options' and enter the flights manually.

However, the price there comes out as 134.01 EUR. Personally I'd book it via one of the online travel agents linked from Skyscanner.
Thanks for this, I will do something like this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
Thanks for this, I will do something like this.
The OTAs seem to be booking into the cheaper 'P' fare bucket for around 82 EUR - no checked baggage allowance.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
The OTAs seem to be booking into the cheaper 'P' fare bucket for around 82 EUR - no checked baggage allowance.
I just discovered this - though the nearest neighbour is Ukraine, and the food is better on Aegean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.