Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Is that a public health physician talking?
Are more than 15 years of membership in several WHO committees, including 5 years of policy-setting Steering ones, good enough? But that is not so important (and off-topic, like the question I'm answering), common sense is, indeed, my only credential.
DrHalxx likes this.

Last edited by KLouis; Dec 5, 2017 at 11:19 pm
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:23 am

I heard word that tomorrow the new lounge is opening.
l380 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I heard word that tomorrow the new lounge is opening.
Indeed. I just had an e-mail from A3 saying it's opening tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing it on Wednesday but am a bit disappointed I won't get to compare it to the Goldair lounge. I'll report back on Wednesday with how it is (and whether the smoking area is really gone ).
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Just got the email from A3! Looks much more modern and welcoming. Can't wait to visit it soon.

Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:08 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So I was just passing by and saw the door open. Stepped in for a few seconds to look around - nice atmosphere with the 'new lounge' smell still there

Didn't have time to look at the details as an attendant kicked me out pretty quickly, but still. It looks pretty much finalized, I would expect them to open soon
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Is it true that the swissport lounge is closed down? What's the update from there?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: A3*G
I also got an e-mail from A3 saying the lounge is opening tomorrow. Luckily I'm flying on Wednesday. I'm really curious about the food offerings.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
I also got an e-mail from A3 saying the lounge is opening tomorrow. Luckily I'm flying on Wednesday. I'm really curious about the food offerings.
Please do report back!

The lounge looks nice in the photo, but is it just me who dislikes those metal chairs? They look so cold and I never found them comfortable. At least the armchairs look better.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Will visit on 13 december too... if time, will take some pictures for the forum if nobody does before. I pray for the smoking to be still there.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by headingwest
Please do report back!

The lounge looks nice in the photo, but is it just me who dislikes those metal chairs? They look so cold and I never found them comfortable. At least the armchairs look better.
Agree, good looking but those chairs are very uncomfortable.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH SEN, DL PM
Is it true that the swissport lounge is closed down? What's the update from there?
yes its closed i went to the skyserv lounge on saturday
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
Agree, good looking but those chairs are very uncomfortable.
So true -They are uninviting
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:50 am
Original Poster

100% closed I saw it yesterday and went to the Skyserv. That horrible blue paint on the walls is a mess. When it was Olympic/Olympic Handling it was a nice lounge. They have ruined it sadly.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:38 am

Hi All,

Live from the lounge! It's quite nice. The design is much more modern, overall space usage is a lot more efficient, and the removal of the smoking area has created a large 'cafeteria' area. All in all, a great job that brings it into the 21st century.

Power plugs are common with the new couches and chairs, thank goodenss, and I'd rate the chairs as pretty comfy. They've got new furniture stiffness right now, but oh well.

EDIT: I will add that one thing that's bad is plate removal. There are dirty dishes everywhere in this place at the moment. It isn't super busy, so there's really no reason for this.
gpb_croppers63 likes this.

Last edited by Rendar; Dec 12, 2017 at 11:55 am
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by Rendar
Hi All,

Live from the lounge! It's quite nice. The design is much more modern, overall space usage is a lot more efficient, and the removal of the smoking area has created a large 'cafeteria' area. All in all, a great job that brings it into the 21st century.

Power plugs are common with the new couches and chairs, thank goodenss, and I'd rate the chairs as pretty comfy. They've got new furniture stiffness right now, but oh well.

EDIT: I will add that one thing that's bad is plate removal. There are dirty dishes everywhere in this place at the moment. It isn't super busy, so there's really no reason for this.
Excellent, I look forward to seeing it myself this evening! I hope the plate removal has become more efficient by then. The removal of the smoking area is excellent for creating more space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.