Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

"Fare free" tickets given on delayed flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Fare free" tickets given on delayed flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
I received a similar letter on a delayed flight last year, but the letter was generic, without any numbers/codes, not even the flight number or route. How do I apply this towards a free ticket?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
I received a similar letter on a delayed flight last year, but the letter was generic, without any numbers/codes, not even the flight number or route. How do I apply this towards a free ticket?
Is this still valid? You'd have to claim it within 12 months. If still OK, just call them
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
Just give them a call and specify your name and on which flight you got the letter. They keep record on flights they have handed them out.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Was flying A3 J today with a *G upgrade coupon.
Every J passenger got such a "free" flight voucher as the divider curtain between the J and Y cabin was missing on my plane, the A321 SX-DNF. The letter mentioned that it's valid on the whole international A3/OA network.
(Impressed by that btw, some airlines like SN don't even have these curtains anymore)

Does anyone know if a flight booked by such a voucher earns miles / qualifies as an A3 segment?
Need still 1 segment to re-qualify, so would be useful.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:23 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Does your letter allow booking a business class flight for ‘free’ (Well, still paying the taxes)? Or Economy?

Because if that is the case that would be one heck of a deal. Especially if it would book in a revenue class, meaning you would earn business class miles.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:20 am

The letter mentions that the compensation ticket is in the same class as the original ticket. Crew told everyone that the compensation flight is in J, but I hope the reservation departement doesn’t refuse J, as I used a coupon to upgrade this flight.

It was a generic compensation letter, not dedicated for J pax.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:24 am

Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by fbruno
Was flying A3 J today with a *G upgrade coupon.
Does anyone know if a flight booked by such a voucher earns miles / qualifies as an A3 segment?
Need still 1 segment to re-qualify, so would be useful.
Last time I did this was two years ago. I had to pay the taxes and no miles were added to my account for the flight. So I guess that it will not count as a segment either. There are a lot of blackout dates and the call center agent will ask for your original booking code (pnr).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by fbruno
The letter mentions that the compensation ticket is in the same class as the original ticket. Crew told everyone that the compensation flight is in J, but I hope the reservation departement doesn’t refuse J, as I used a coupon to upgrade this flight.

It was a generic compensation letter, not dedicated for J pax.
It totally makes sense that you would get a compensation flight in J, as you were flying in J. The upgrade coupon is a benefit you have earned, and is equivalent to a J flight someone paid for. A3 decided that the missing curtain somehow affected your J experience, and essentially are reimbursing you for this (btw, I am impressed with A3 doing this!).

Based on what @Arrivals stated on blackout dates and 0 miles earned, it could be that the compensation flight is I inventory - would be interesting if he/she could confirm that this was the case, by looking at the booking email for that flight.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by blackball
It totally makes sense that you would get a compensation flight in J, as you were flying in J. The upgrade coupon is a benefit you have earned, and is equivalent to a J flight someone paid for. A3 decided that the missing curtain somehow affected your J experience, and essentially are reimbursing you for this (btw, I am impressed with A3 doing this!).

Based on what @Arrivals stated on blackout dates and 0 miles earned, it could be that the compensation flight is I inventory - would be interesting if he/she could confirm that this was the case, by looking at the booking email for that flight.
It was an eco flight in N class. The original flight (the delayed one) was in eco too.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
...and you also have to pay the taxes yourself!
You don't have to. Only if you decide to redeem the coupon ;-)
Air Rarotonga likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Today, A3821 from BER to ATH was delayed around 3 hours due to technical problems. Even before take-off, I received the following message: 'Today, we acknowledge that the service we have provided you is rather far from our standards and we wish to offer you one reduced fare ticket for a future flight. Please follow the below URL for further information. Thank you for your understanding, Customer Care Center.' This seems perhaps to have been targeted as no-one else I talked to on the flight had received it.

On clicking on the URL, I was just directed to the Aegean website. Does anyone have similar recent experience with such an offer? Despite the courtesy proferred, I will still be making a claim for €400 under EU261 as my new connection to LCA resulted in a delay of more than 4 hours.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:22 am

Programs: Miles and Bonus
Does someone can provide with a photo of the letter that is provided in such cases?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by lio13
Does someone can provide with a photo of the letter that is provided in such cases?
Why would this be of any interest?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: Miles and Bonus
Arrow

Originally Posted by ariadgr_
Why would this be of any interest?
What is happening is that Aegean insists that is clearly written that passenger has to pay the service fee, while I disagree, and in any case when you are referring to a FREE ticket it should be indeed FREE - when you pay for service free that is not free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.