Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How far in advance are bookings allowed?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Dear All,

Perhaps I am getting a bit off the topic with this post and I sincerely apologize for that.

I would like to book a trip for my wife and my kid to LHR from ATH during summer 2018. The plan is that they will fly out around July 7th and return to ATH after 7 to 10 days.

I have been looking since mid September to book seats for them with Aegean by using my award miles from Aegean's Miles + Bonus programme.

In this respect I was surpised to see that although there is plenty of award seats availability on the ATH-LHR itinerary for the entire of July 2018, there are no award seats AT ALL on the LHR-ATH between July 11th and August 11th !! Let's not forget that on this route there are 6+ award seats offered on each flight, as per my understanding.

I am wondering whether A3 has not yet made (and does not intend to make !!) available any award seats between July 11th and August 11th 2018 on LHR-ATH on the basis of the high demand expected for revenue fares. It is hard to believe that the award seats for an entire month's time have already been purchased already.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be happening here ? Do you think that after S18 is officially anounced in Oct/Nov award seats will be introduced in July 18?

I have already cheched the website of ANA and found out that an alternative would be to have my family return to ATH with Austrian Airlines via VIE on busines class.

Your thoughts and contribution would be much appreciated.

Once again I apologize to the moderators and to all of you if my post has been placed under the wrong thread.

Alex
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:52 pm

A3 announced summer nonstop flights from TLV to JMK and JTR, starting in June 2018. A number of additional routes were announced at the same time.

https://en.about.aegeanair.com/media...esponsibility/

I'm specifically interested in the TLV-JMK/JTR flights, which do not appear to be available on either Aegean's website or OTAs. We're nearly into 2018 - does anyone have a sense as to when these will become bookable, or is the fact that they're not yet loaded an indication that they may not be launched?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:38 am

Just noticed that award seats (only on A3 252 that is a DH4 operated flight) have been introduced on the ATH-MJT around the Greek Orthodox Easter (week commencing on April 2nd and prior to that). It seems that so far each flight is loaded with only 2 X-class economy award seats.

The important information here is that A3 has started introducing award seats (very limited for the time being) during this specific /special week which up until now offered no award seats at all (black out period). So far no award seats have been introduced to the opposite direction (MJT-ATH)....

I haven’t checked whether the above holds true also for other routes.

Last edited by Alexandros Bravos; Dec 15, 2017 at 10:06 am
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for the update. It depends a lot on the route I believe; as I had no problems to upgrade my AMS-ATH-AMS flights months ago. I'm scheduled to fly to ATH a week before easter, and return two days after.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:17 am

i was planning ultra cheapo BRU-AMM from 2nd to 10 march 2019
Fares are visible (i did not try to actually book completely) on OTA but not on A3 web sites
How could it be possible ?
thanks fror advice, first time i can see this
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by bebert
i was planning ultra cheapo BRU-AMM from 2nd to 10 march 2019
Fares are visible (i did not try to actually book completely) on OTA but not on A3 web sites
How could it be possible ?
thanks fror advice, first time i can see this
It's because the connection in ATH is 8hr15 minutes and A3 don't display connections greater than 4hrs. You can force this to show up on the A3 site by clicking the 'More Options' button and entering each flight individually.

And yeah, that IS cheap!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:01 am

quick reply and very useful: thanks !
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Are we to expect April 2019 onward flights to load sometime in October? I am checking everyday and getting a bit frustrated.

Thanks
lhrpete likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:06 pm

Should take place earlier. Last year that I was following the matter they started loading the S18 flights from mid August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.