FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1376891-newbie-zone-ask-your-questions-here.html)

KLouis Nov 1, 2012 6:48 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3 (Post 19603094)
As i am only having these 2000 Miles for enrollment, i am missing quite a lot for *A-Gold with Aegan...Situated in Switzerland wont make it easier to gain some cheap Miles, will it?

So the Question goes like this: Is there any Route ex CH that makes the Gold fast and cheap?

You asked this before, a couple of days ago, using a different thread and the answer is no: even if you don't like it, you still have to fly far and expensive.

intuition Nov 1, 2012 9:06 am

So the Question goes like this: Is there any Route ex CH that makes the Gold fast and cheap?

I think we in this thread generally knows more about A3 and M&B than about the price structure of flights ex Switzerland.

Also, what is considered cheap varies from person to person. There may be many other things that you also consider important for your MR, which we know nothing about. So if you are asking for someone to put together a MR for you, you may not get much help, unless you are willing to do some work yourself.

Anyway, there are a few strategies you can follow. If you are looking to make it in one trip, you start with deciding what fare class you are wiling to pay for. Say you are willing to pay J-fare/200%. Then you need a destination 4500 miles away (4500*200% R/T= 18k). To go gcmap and find all possible destination that fulfils this. For example search for "4500nmi@ZRH"

Another strategy is to find a short segment that earns well due to a generous minimum or Flat miles. With this strategy you start by search the A3 chart to find a suitable airline, fare class and segment type. Say you find something that has flat miles=2000, then you look for how you can book 9 of those at the cheapest price.

:D! Nov 1, 2012 12:38 pm

Firstly ask yourself why you want *G with A3. Do you actually fly enough to make use of this status? If yes, then why can't you just credit a few of your usual flights to A3?

From Switzerland and cheap (= economy class), your best bet is to buy a one-way to the UK/Spain/Italy and then take LX flights to Africa or Asia.

You can get 500 extra miles by adding a transit through GVA for a minimal additional cost over transiting ZRH only. So for example, ZRH-GVA-LHR-GVA-ZRH, and nest LHR-GVA-ZRH-XXX-ZRH-GVA-LHR. Going to BKK or HKG would get you over 15000 miles if you book in classes M, U, H, V, Q, S, W, G which are still cheap. For the remaining 3000 miles, go to London again or something. This can cost less than CHF 2000. Save on UK airport tax by building in a 24-hour layover after the ex-LHR segment of the long haul.

I made *G with 1.5 returns on LX for which I paid about £1000 and spent 8 hours extra transiting through Switzerland. The direct BA flights would have cost more, and of course I was going to Asia anyway. I just wish I had known about A3 in 2010 as I could have enjoyed an extra 2 years of *G by now - and this would really have made me choose *A more often, which is one of the points brought up in another thread about what A3 brings to *A.

Kamloops Nov 2, 2012 8:30 am

Hello everyone rookie here with a question, btw this is my first post.
I have recently attained Aegean GOLD status, but as you all know the card will take at least 2 months to get here.
I started to read about the FQTS/FQTV sections so that I can get the benefits of *G from Aegean, but credit miles to Lufthansa.

I called the Lufthansa reservation department in the UK 3 separate times, and each time I would speak to a new agent. All 3 agents had no clue what FQTS or FQTV were. I convinced one of them to enter my A3 number into the booking, but they could not confirm which was FQTS or which was FQTV.

When I check my details on "checkmytrip.com" under the FF# section both LH and A3 are listed. So 2 questions:

1. On "checkmytrip.com" if the LH # is above the A3 number, does that mean my LH FF# is FQTV (accrual) and my A3 FF# is FQTS (status/services/'non-accrual')?

2. Which Lufthansa reservation office do you know is competent with the FQTS vs FQTV?

PVDtoDEL Nov 2, 2012 9:00 am

As per Amadeus QuickRef, code should be:
Code:

Create an SSR for a frequent flyer
SR FQTV BAHK/-BA1234567/P3
or
SR FQTV BA-BA FREE FLOW TEXT/P1

Create an SSR for frequent flyer mileage
accrual, and to obtain a class upgrade
SR FQTU LH-LH FREE FLOW TEXT/P1/S2

Create an SSR for frequent flyer mileage
redemption
SR FQTR BA NN1-BA1234563/FREE FLOW
TEXT/P2

Create an SSR to be recognized as a
frequent traveler on one airline, while
accruing miles on another
SR FQTS BA-BA FREE FLOW TEXT/P3

LH agents in native Amadeus should know how to do this...

Using the standard shortcut FFN will create an FQTV field, not an FQTS field.

Otherwise, ask the agent to go into GuideRes, a GUI which many LH agents use. It should be pretty clear from there...

intuition Nov 2, 2012 9:01 am

Welcome to Flyertalk and the A3 forum, Kamloops!

The people over at M&M forum may be able to tell you more how lufthansa handles these fields. A quick search says it will work some times and some times not.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...highlight=FQTS
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...fqts-fqtv.html

hydrogen Nov 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Just want to make this clear... It is 18k miles now (2k signup bonus), correct?

So if I fly a single segment that credits 18k miles, I go directly from base to gold? It's not an additional 16k after the segment that you cross 4k?

intuition Nov 18, 2012 2:11 am

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 19702492)
Just want to make this clear... It is 18k miles now (2k signup bonus), correct?

So if I fly a single segment that credits 18k miles, I go directly from base to gold? It's not an additional 16k after the segment that you cross 4k?

Yes, you will get gold.

flyer387 Nov 21, 2012 11:56 am

Is it normal that status takes a while to update on their website? I flew a few segments this month and am at ~ 5.5K miles (incl. the 2K sign-up) right now which should give me Silver, correct? While all segments are correctly posted on their website, it however still only shows "MEMBER" next to my number.

Thanks!

intuition Nov 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyer387 (Post 19724695)
Is it normal that status takes a while to update on their website? I flew a few segments this month and am at ~ 5.5K miles (incl. the 2K sign-up) right now which should give me Silver, correct? While all segments are correctly posted on their website, it however still only shows "MEMBER" next to my number.

Thanks!

No, IME it was pretty much instant - status was updated the following day after miles posted IIRC.
I assume you don't see a "Card upgrade" in your activity listing either? Maybe you need to give them a call.

eriond Nov 30, 2012 10:57 am

This is not particularly A3-specific, as I believe that *A might have an overriding rule wrt mileage accrual on flights cancelled due to IRROPs.

I flew on TG with my A3 FFN appended. Due to IRROPs, the flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on the flight next day. Am I entitled to miles on both the cancelled and rebooked flight? I have done a search and threads on the UA and BA forums seem to hint that this is possible.

:D! Nov 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by eriond (Post 19772431)
This is not particularly A3-specific, as I believe that *A might have an overriding rule wrt mileage accrual on flights cancelled due to IRROPs.

I flew on TG with my A3 FFN appended. Due to IRROPs, the flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on the flight next day. Am I entitled to miles on both the cancelled and rebooked flight? I have done a search and threads on the UA and BA forums seem to hint that this is possible.

I believe you can only "double up" if you get rebooked on an airline in a different alliance. You would then retro-claim for the cancelled flight, and claim miles on the rebooked flight with a different FFP in the other (or no) alliance.

FlyingJoy Nov 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 19774428)
I believe you can only "double up" if you get rebooked on an airline in a different alliance. You would then retro-claim for the cancelled flight, and claim miles on the rebooked flight with a different FFP in the other (or no) alliance.

That depends. I had double-dipping success in an instance of rebooking within *A. Some time ago, I was booked on an LH flight with my SK FF# appended. The flight got cancelled due to IRROPs and I was rebooked on another LH flight for the next day. I attached my A3 # to the rebooking. I wound up getting miles for the cancelled flight in my SK account, and miles for the flown flight in my A3 account.

The caveat: I'm not sure if it would have worked if I'd had my A3 # attached to both flights, but IMO it may well have.

eriond Dec 1, 2012 1:35 am

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 19774428)

Originally Posted by FlyingJoy (Post 19775391)
That depends. I had double-dipping success in an instance of rebooking within *A. Some time ago, I was booked on an LH flight with my SK FF# appended. The flight got cancelled due to IRROPs and I was rebooked on another LH flight for the next day. I attached my A3 # to the rebooking. I wound up getting miles for the cancelled flight in my SK account, and miles for the flown flight in my A3 account.

The caveat: I'm not sure if it would have worked if I'd had my A3 # attached to both flights, but IMO it may well have.

Thank you for your inputs! A3 replied to me saying that TG has rejected the retro-claim for the cancelled flight stating the reason that "pax not found on manifest"...

crimsonAA Dec 21, 2012 10:11 pm

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Aegean says they'll give you credit of US flights in O inventory, which is first class award inventory. Is that an exception to the usual rule of no earning for award tickets?

I have a few domestic legs on an intl award, and am wondering whether its worth trying to credit to A3.

Thanks!