FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1376891-newbie-zone-ask-your-questions-here.html)

Avinash Sangurmath Jan 28, 2013 10:34 am

Hopefully It will be Y class as it will be booked by my company. Assuming If it's Y class will I be accumulating as many miles as above. Please confirm. Also my wife would be traveling with me and is there any way that she can transfer her miles to my account in M&B

Thanks
Avinash

dagrin Jan 28, 2013 10:50 am

Just to confirm - 3 quick questions;

1) I have 16k miles with miles slated to begin expiring on Feb 9th - if I reach 20k before then, they will not expire for 36 months?

2) How much do I have to credit towards A3 and how often to extend that?

3) I have a 4k mile flight from Jan 3rd, 2013 that did not credit properly. I waited the requisite 2 weeks and submitted a claim. The miles will likely post in mid-february. Will the miles post retroactively and reinstate some miles that will have expired by then?

Thanks

gojko88 Jan 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Avinash Sangurmath (Post 20139352)
Hopefully It will be Y class as it will be booked by my company. Assuming If it's Y class will I be accumulating as many miles as above. Please confirm.

Yes, if they book you on a Y fare, the earning chart applies, you'll get 150% of the miles flown on LH.

Originally Posted by Avinash Sangurmath (Post 20139352)
Also my wife would be traveling with me and is there any way that she can transfer her miles to my account in M&B

Unfortunately, no.

alexbru Jan 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Earning points with airline partners

Hey guys,

When earning points with other airlines in *A, are the points rounded up
to nearest 100?

Example: LAX-CLT is 2120 miles. (USAIRWAYS)
Will that credit my Aegean balance with 2200 or 2120 points? :confused:

wxxnxs Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by alexbru (Post 20149064)
Hey guys,

When earning points with other airlines in *A, are the points rounded up
to nearest 100?

Example: LAX-CLT is 2120 miles. (USAIRWAYS)
Will that credit my Aegean balance with 2200 or 2120 points? :confused:

No, it never happens in any airlines. Why do you have such an imagination?

alexbru Jan 29, 2013 9:52 pm

You are wrong
Scandinavian Airlines Eurobonus does this.

Originally Posted by wxxnxs (Post 20149921)
No, it never happens in any airlines. Why do you have such an imagination?

wxxnxs Jan 30, 2013 2:24 am

Originally Posted by alexbru (Post 20150352)
You are wrong
Scandinavian Airlines Eurobonus does this.

OK, my apology. However, A3 certainly doesn't do like that, I had one flight booked in Y and got credited as 624 miles, no round up, just exactly the distance.

DancePlaza Feb 1, 2013 2:08 am

what is the prefix of the MB program for A3 to fill in if I'm flying with an other *A carrier?

KLouis Feb 1, 2013 3:33 am

Originally Posted by DancePlaza (Post 20164575)
what is the prefix of the MB program for A3 to fill in if I'm flying with an other *A carrier?

A3

LH4116 Feb 5, 2013 3:27 am

I have a question regarding award redemptions. I'm thinking about burning my miles on a one way Business Class award from Asia to Europe. Does anybody know if A3 take out fuel surcharges on award tickets, or do I only have to pay for the taxes?

akhill Feb 7, 2013 8:07 am

What's the catch?

I have been an SK Eurobonus member for some time. Most of my travel is short-haul economy, with the occasional long-haul, with no one airline in particular (certainly not since the demise of BD).

I am trying to work out what the catch is with A3's program. Obviously status is easy to get, the mileage multipliers for the partners' classes seem similar to other SA programs, and award flights seem to require similar numbers of miles.

What did I miss?

intuition Feb 7, 2013 12:21 pm

The "catch" is that the low tier threshold is on par with low earnings for the normal A3 flyer. Domestic A3 flights in econ earns flat 200 miles, ie you need 100 such segments to earn 20k miles.
It is only if you fly international longhaul on other *A airlines in fare classes that earns 100% or above on A3 the *G is easy.

If you mainly fly short Y on SK you may want to stay with EB. Or at least make sure you usually are on fares that earns on A3 before switching. Deep discount econ SK fares earns 0 on A3 (but 1000 on SK).

So in short, you need to do your math. Take a couple of your past itineraries and calculate the miles you would have earned on A3. You will quickly get the picture.

zackery149 Feb 7, 2013 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 20204542)
The "catch" is that the low tier threshold is on par with low earnings for the normal A3 flyer. Domestic A3 flights in econ earns flat 200 miles, ie you need 100 such segments to earn 20k miles.
It is only if you fly international longhaul on other *A airlines in fare classes that earns 100% or above on A3 the *G is easy.

If you mainly fly short Y on SK you may want to stay with EB. Or at least make sure you usually are on fares that earns on A3 before switching. Deep discount econ SK fares earns 0 on A3 (but 1000 on SK).

So in short, you need to do your math. Take a couple of your past itineraries and calculate the miles you would have earned on A3. You will quickly get the picture.

^
Succinct, well-written. Good advice for many potential A3 ffp participants.

KLouis Feb 8, 2013 1:14 am

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 20204542)

Good advice, but one small correction: On domestic flights supersaver earns 200, saver 500 and flexible 600 miles. Still, often the supersaver price turns out to be more expensive than the saver one. Go figure...

znke252 Feb 9, 2013 6:50 pm

Getting the Run-Around Crediting UA to A3

I'm still waiting for a couple of UA flights from (Dec. 27th) to credit to A3.
(The fare class definitely qualifies and the A3 number was on the boarding pass.)

Update 2:

UA: - flights are in their system; flights are eligible for accrual; according to UA's records, miles have already been credited to A3.

A3: - insists UA responded that the flights aren't eligible; A3 mentioned that the "I" on my boarding pass, which is for priority boarding, is the fare class and not eligible; most recent feedback is that I paid for an upgrade (which I didn't) and thus the original fare isn't eligible.

A copy of my boarding pass has been sent to UA, A3 and Star, so now continues the waiting game.