Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Royal Hoi An-MGallery by Sofitel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Hotel Royal Hoi An-MGallery by Sofitel

A quick question for anyone who has stayed at this property. I have booked a room for three nights and they sent me an email letting me know that as I was a Platinum, breakfast would be included since there was no club floor. However, their own website states they have an executive club floor and lounge.
I have contacted the hotel, and they have been very vague (not answering).
Any thoughts?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:37 am
Original Poster

I guess I will answer my own question tomorrow.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
When I stayed there in March they had an executive floor, but no service up there. Nor was the rooftop pool bar in use back then. Hopefully it finally is now Enjoy your stay and I hope you get a great upgrade!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Arrived yesterday. Dedicated check in desk or those with Accor status. Fabulous reception by the staff checking us in.
*Room upgrade to new wing overlooking river
*2 drink coupons
*free non alchoholic drinks from mini bar
* massage for two people for 30 mins
*Welcome letter, fruit plate and dessert tray in room
*Executive floor privileges (breakfast lounge or main restaurant; afternoon tea, evening drinks and canapés).
All in all...fabulous.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
It’s an amazing property. And Sofitel Legend Hanoi also much more

Accor in Vietnam have several beautiful hotels everywhere, it’s the best country in the world for Accor lovers ...and probably not only 😃

i hope i will be able to stay also at new Premier Village in Phu Quoc next Christmas, it seems wonderful
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: *A-A3-*S, *A M&M FTL *S, EI-Green, AccorGold
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Arrived yesterday. Dedicated check in desk or those with Accor status. Fabulous reception by the staff checking us in.
*Room upgrade to new wing overlooking river
*2 drink coupons
*free non alchoholic drinks from mini bar
* massage for two people for 30 mins
*Welcome letter, fruit plate and dessert tray in room
*Executive floor privileges (breakfast lounge or main restaurant; afternoon tea, evening drinks and canapés).
All in all...fabulous.
Stayed there short;y after it opened in Aug 2015. Good to know they’re still investing in the propoerty. The service on checkin indeed is the best I’ve stayed in Vietnam. Enjoy the service by the pool
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: *A-A3-*S, *A M&M FTL *S, EI-Green, AccorGold
Originally Posted by Dav77
It’s an amazing property. And Sofitel Legend Hanoi also much more

Accor in Vietnam have several beautiful hotels everywhere, it’s the best country in the world for Accor lovers ...and probably not only 😃

i hope i will be able to stay also at new Premier Village in Phu Quoc next Christmas, it seems wonderful
Fully agree, just spent 3 nights at the Sofitel in Saigon having previously stayed in the Pullman and Novotel. Looking forward to trying the newer Mgallery in Saigon soon. A shame the Sofitel in Dalat is no longer in the range.

BTW the Sofitel in Saigon Offered to upgrade us to a Suite for an additional $110’a Night for two as a Gold Accor Member subject to availability, which included access to the Exec floor including snacks, afternoon tea, cocktails at 8pm etc. The rooftop pool bar has good night views. Personally I’d appreciate a wider cocktail selection (Campari/Negronis anyone?)
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:21 pm

Stayed here last week. The service was the best that I've experienced in Vietnam.

As an Accor Gold, got the following benefits:
- One category room upgrade from Grande Deluxe to Royal Deluxe
- 2 x 30 minute massage voucher
- 2 x welcome drink vouchers
- Welcome fruits and desserts
- Small departing gift

Only confusing part was the bathroom situation in the room. A part of one of the walls and the sliding door have openings. Even though the toilet/shower has frosted glass, I did not enjoy the design.
EcotoneHR likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
THey had a club lounge when I was there last year. Possibly when they say no club lounge breakfast is because it is only small and possibly not open in the morning. The lounge was great at night. Lots of nice snacks and plenty of drinks. They were kind enough to let us take our drinks and food around the corner to the big screen to watch sports.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
We just checked in and are in the executive lounge. Breakfast is available here or in the main restaurant. Cocktails and canapes are from 5 to 7 pm. We didn't arrive until 6:50 pm and thought we might be pushing our luck to get a drink. Far from it. The waitress actively offered to bring us 2 rounds of cocktails. We were upgraded 1 category to the Deluxe Suite, which I was very happy about. We also got the vouchers for the 30-minute head, neck, and shoulders massage, which is brilliant. So far I'm loving it here and planning to return.
EcotoneHR and lpolchlop like this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:56 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Any recent review on this one? Working out if to stay here or up in Danang for the three nights at the end of the trip. Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2023, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austgap
Any recent review on this one? Working out if to stay here or up in Danang for the three nights at the end of the trip. Thanks
It's worth it to stay for at least one night! Da Nang is a big, modern city while Hoi An has much nicer architecture and is very much a walking town. However, the tour buses take away from the charm ;-)
remymartin, austgap and hotel_user like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:06 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
It's worth it to stay for at least one night! Da Nang is a big, modern city while Hoi An has much nicer architecture and is very much a walking town. However, the tour buses take away from the charm ;-)
Thanks. Have you stayed at the Hotel Royal by chance - if so, what was it like?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austgap
Thanks. Have you stayed at the Hotel Royal by chance - if so, what was it like?
Yep. Scroll up to my post on dec 2018.
They even had free bikes to take out and ride around the city.
Keep in mind, It's been four years since I was last there ;-)
Old Apr 26, 2023, 4:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Update April 2023

I am going to start this review with 2 very bold statements:

1. This is the best hotel I have ever been to. (meaning: I've never felt better at any other hotel)

2. This hotel has the nicest, kindest staff I have ever met in any hotel in my life.

Very bold, I know, but I stand by them. For the 3 days I was there I was completely and profoundly happy and I have zero complaints. Everything was perfect. I wouldn’t change a thing.

As soon as the hotel's driver picked us up from Da Nang airport, I had a good feeling about it. But when we arrived at the hotel, I was really stunned by the friendliness and politeness of the staff. An example: when we arrived, a bellboy took our suitcases, took us to the reception and brought us welcome drinks and cold towels. He later delivered the suitcases to our room on the 4th floor. From then on, for the next 3 days, whenever he saw us approach the elevators, he would rush to open the elevator door for us and press number 4. The fact that he actually remembered which floor we were on and did this for us moved me deeply. The same bellboy brought us the same welcome drinks and cold towels after check-out, as we waited for our driver from Pullman Danang.

Another example: a waiter in the rooftop bar recognized us on our second night there and welcomed us back warmly, even though we were served by someone else on the first night and had no interaction with him whatsoever. How great is that!

Every single member of the staff was polite and greeted us warmly whenever they would see us. Just perfect!

After checking us in, the receptionist took us personally to our room.

I had booked the lowest category room and received a double upgrade to a Royal Deluxe Room in the old wing, which was just what I had hoped for. The room was beautiful, I will attach some pictures. It was at the end of the hallway, overlooking the river, it was far from the elevator and very quiet at night.

Diamond loyalty treatment was the following:

- a double upgrade

- welcome amenity: fruit and desserts

- welcome drink voucher for 2 people

- free soft drinks from the minibar

- free breakfast and access to the executive lounge

- a complimentary 30 minute head, neck and shoulders massage for 2 people

- turndown service

Breakfast was served at the Faifo restaurant and the Lounge was open from 11 AM until 10 PM with the cocktail hour and nibbles served from 5 to 7 PM. At other times you can come and have coffee, soft drinks and biscuits. Not bad.

They only have 3 cocktails on offer during the cocktail hour, but you can have other drinks like wine, beer and similar. There is also a nice selection of nibbles, hot and cold, and the offer changes daily. The spread is not huge, but is nice and freshly prepared.

What really impressed me was that the General Manager was there during the cocktail hours and talked to guests in the lounge. It seemed that he knew who everyone was, he had obviously checked who would have access to the lounge, so he greeted everyone by name even at the first encounter. Wow! There were never many people in the lounge, the hotel itself didn’t seem to be too busy, but still! He didn’t have to do that, but it left such a good impression. (He didn't chat with us, which is probably a good thing, as I was too busy stuffing my face, haha).

There are two pools, one in the old wing (which is simply beautiful and which we used) and the other one, a more modern swimming pool on the rooftop in the new wing. The rooftop bar is there and it’s a very pleasant place to spend time in the evening. They have 2 happy hours, from 7-8 and from 10-11 PM, I think. The prices are very fair, especially when you got 2 drinks for the price of 1. The bar was never busy when we were there.

Breakfast is fantastic, with a huge selection of dishes and pho and egg stations.

Location is perfect: just outside the old town, so it’s quiet at night, but close enough to the all the important places.

Both the satisfaction survey and the status/reward points arrived promptly the following day after check-out.

And the price? All of this for just 108 EUR a night! Bargain!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.