Search

Personal data hold by Accor

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:05 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Personal data hold by Accor

I made a request to Accor to provide me with all the personal data they hold about me, as it is my right per the GDPR. It took them 34 days to provide the information, a bit more than the 30 days required by the regulations but this is OK. The results arrived as a one time downloadable file, which then can be saved locally. Format is PDF and it is nicely formatted and readable.

The results are interesting, here are the various sections (of course this assumes the Data Privacy department was truthful and no data were voluntarily or involuntarily withheld):
  1. Identity: self-explanatory. A few field are empty for me: date of birth (Interesting as i think it is filled in the form I need to signed at hotels), profession, VIP Code
  2. Postal addresses. they have 3 for me, all of them the same (1 for communication, 2 for billing (?))
  3. E-mail
  4. Newsletter: list of subscribed or unsuscribed newsletter, with date of subscription
  5. Phone
  6. Text message (same as phone in my case)
  7. Mobile phone: it lists all my smart devices (past and present) I ever used with the App, including the serial number, OS version, last connection date. IMHO this is out of scope regarding their basis for processing and I will comment back on this.
  8. Social network: it is empty for me. So no Flyertalk mention.
  9. Terms and condition acceptance
  10. Password
  11. Connections: list of all connections to accorhotel made with date and connection status. IMHO this is out of scope regarding their basis for processing and I will comment back on this.
  12. Identification papers
  13. Wallet: some technical information about stored methods of payment
  14. Concur
  15. Loyalty program card
  16. Bookings, including a Cancellation cause if cancelled.
  17. Actual stays
  18. Preferences
  19. Segmentation: some code for your market segment. Mine is
  20. Enterprise
  21. Communications tracking: it is a bit weird. There are lots of entry for lots of stay, and all have a field: Satisfaction survey response date. But for example there are 30 entries for Seoul Ambassador Pullman. I stayed there once, had no Customer service notifications and answer the satisfaction survey once. But according to this I answered it 30 times in a span of 3 years, starting in 2016 while I stayed there in 2018. And the list goes on, with every hotel listed between 10 and 50 times, over a spread of several years including for hotel I stayed once and had no communication other than automated emails + end of stay survey. I will definitely comment on this as it seems that those data are simply wrong.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by fransknorge
  1. Password
Was that a hashed/salted password or your actual plaintext password ?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:28 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

It was neither; there is three fields:
- Password must update: Yes/No
- Data creation date
- Data modification date
martin_paris likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:43 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
General datapoint:

You can email your request to [email protected]
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I also requested a data dump.
Interestingly I am a Low Earner Repeater - Not Mainly Eco .
In terms of the VIP code, I am listed as shareholder.
Furthermore they keep track of the turnover per stay. I don't really get these number as they do not correspond clearly to the rate and some stays have a zero amoount.
Noticeably absent is any info pertaining to the use of Accor points.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:44 am
R2

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Furthermore they keep track of the turnover per stay. I don't really get these number as they do not correspond clearly to the rate and some stays have a zero amoount.
Noticeably absent is any info pertaining to the use of Accor points.
The IT system supporting the back-office type of customer data is probably even worse than the one for ALL the customer facing parts
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:56 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
So after viewing this thread I sent Accor the following:

Hello

I would like to request a data dump on all information Accor has on me in their files.

Thank you,
Xxx

I got the following email this morning

Dear Mr.,

I have reviewed your request to cancel membership in our ALL - Accor Live Limitless loyalty programme.

I confirm that your membership has been canceled and that your ALL - Accor Live Limitless account and personal data have been deleted from our database.

Best Regards,

ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Customer Service

My account has been deleted, lost all points, stays and SNU. I understand this is mostly my fault by using the IT jargon 'data dump' but you would think they would train their people and to perhaps check before nuking someone's account, especially working in the data privacy department of a global multinational corporation. Perhaps too much to ask for

Having just lost Platinum, I don't think it is even worth it to chase Accor to fix this, more effort than it is worth. But stuff like this should not happen at a supposedly global company. Reminds of of my decade in Paris working at a large investment bank being responsible for IT services for our sites outside of France. Was always a challenge explaining to French managers that not everything in the world works the French way (like the accounting software not accepting Cyrillic characters for example), quite the opposite. Was a hard concept for them to understand.

How do I even try to start to fix this mess...
schauschun likes this.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jan 9, 2020 at 7:06 am
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:03 am

thanks admiral ackbar
ihave asked information too and i will be very specific if i want to dump particular info
greetings
cornelis
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:10 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar

My account has been deleted, lost all points, stays and SNU. I understand this is mostly my fault by using the IT jargon 'data dump' but you would think they would train their people and to perhaps check before nuking someone's account, especially working in the data privacy department of a global multinational corporation. Perhaps too much to ask for
Wow, just wow
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:19 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Here is the email I send to [email protected]

As a European customer and data subject, I wish to make an access request under the GDPR for a copy of any information Accor Hotel keep about me, on computer or in manual form in relation to my information, including information stored on your 3rd parties and data processors.

My full name is: Nigel Teaoclock
My address is: Big Ben street, LO01 SW01, London
A copy of my passport is attached.

Please provide all instances where any item of personal data or metadata/inferred data/modelled data about my data has been transferred or sold to any third party indicating the date of transfer, the grounds of the transfer and the controller or processor it was transferred to
It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under Article 15 of the GDPR you have 30 days to respond to the data subject answering in detail where their data has been stored on your network.
In detail
According to my right as a European citizen, a customer and a data subject under the empire of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), I would like to formally request your organisation :

to identify itself
to acknowledge this message,
to communicate me the official statement by which your organization attests they will protect my privacy and
to send me a relevant copy of all the information your organisation has got about me as a personal

Once I will have received it, I will be deciding whether I would like Accorhotels:
to offer me to update the stored personal information related to my profile
to delete all my records from the marketing database and
to send me a confirmation of it with the proof of (secure) erasure.

In case of no answer
In case you wouldn’t answer this message in the right timeframe, I am afraid I will have to escalate this:

to your hierarchy, and furthermore,
to your Data Privacy Officer, if you have one,
- to the DPA in XXX because it seems your company is registered in that country and that GDPR is entirely applicable to your local regulation for privacy.
Best regards,
Admiral Ackbar, this should not have happened. Your email was not worded in the best way and you send it to the wrong target, nevertheless the full account deletion should be done after a second approval from you, requested by CS after they received your original request.

Paging Amy please, this is a real disaster from Customer Service.
hotel_user likes this.

Last edited by fransknorge; Jan 9, 2020 at 7:36 am
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:24 am

Thank you for the posts, yes I agree 100% this is on me (I saw this thread late at night and shot off a quick email at address listed). In retrospect I should have been much more thorough.

To be clear I DID send the original email to [email protected] it is customer service that replied but from that same email address so I believe even if my request was poorly worded, which it was, I sent it to the proper department.
​​​

But they shouldn't nuke an account without confirming with me first! I just hope all my reservations have not been deleted as well, I have no way to check unless I call all the hotels I have reservations at this year (20 nights so far). What a mess.
hotel_user likes this.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jan 9, 2020 at 7:29 am
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:43 am

i agree that its a real shame that they delete your account
A simple are you sure ? should be normal
email one hotel if you are still have a reservation?
when you booked early you got better rates offcourse
so they have to solve this quickly
greetings
cornelis
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:50 am

Yep all private sales 40% bookings, will call them later have other more pressing things to do like work

Guessing I won't be getting my welcome beverage at the Chateau Frontenac next week!
hotel_user likes this.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jan 9, 2020 at 8:58 am
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Bestwestern Diamond & Hyatt Platinum
Does anyone know if customers outside Europe can request info.?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Stacycrow
Does anyone know if customers outside Europe can request info.?
I don’t know the actual law but in my case I requested it about 3 months ago and did receive it within about 30 days. I am not an EU citizen and I reside in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.