Wiki Posts
Search

MGallery, Kyoto, Japan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

MGallery, Kyoto, Japan

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel...in=accorhotels

The hotel is now slated to open soon, with reservations currently being taken from April 26, 2019. Rates starting at $362 per night, but prices do decrease beginning June 1. Rooms are currently available through September 30, 2019. Room sizes are smaller than the Hyatt Regency Kyoto, and priced accordingly. Classic, Superior, and Deluxe room availability, but no mention of any suites.

This looks to be a very good location for the MGallery, near Gion and the Nishiki Market. We'll be staying here this Summer, but would love feedback from anyone who arrives before we do.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Starting from 362$ ?
Is that because of the Golden week?
it can be nice for that price !
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:50 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Very nice!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Looks very nice indeed. Something weird in room description (look at the one on the right of the picture : no view ). Does it mean that it is a blind room ?

Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
Looking to stayin September

So will be following thread closely
BeachRat likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: ALL
The classic room (now view) is indeed located very very close to the next building and is as such marketed as a room with No view at all.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
A "no view" room also means "no sunlight" as well.

Many cheaper hotels/buildings in asia are like this...basically you are so close to the neighbouring building you can reach out the window with your arm and are able (or almost able) to touch the building next to yours. Meaning little natural sunlight ever reaches the room.

Can't wait to see the "hilarious" tripadvisor photos from the window.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Mar 13, 2019 at 8:50 pm
Old May 11, 2019, 10:16 am

Anyone stay here yet since it opened last month ?
Old May 11, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Anyone stay here yet since it opened last month ?
We’ll be staying here next month and will report back with a review. Not many online comments just yet...
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Do platinums get breakfast here?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh

As per the accor rules, they SHOULD.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I didn’t ask, but they did have a nice buffet spread out when we were there. Not many guests yet at the hotel, but it was lovely. My review coming soon...
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
It says platinum's only get breakfast if there is an executive lounge. Is there one?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
It's the other way around - Platinums get free breakfast in Asia in case the hotel does NOT have a lounge. Otherwise, you get all the lounge benefits, including in-lounge breakfast (in practice most hotels do not mind if you chose to have breakfast in the main restaurant instead of the lounge though).

That said, this property is not listed in the Master Lounge / Free Breakfast list, but this my simply be due to delays in updating it.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by JTCz
It's the other way around - Platinums get free breakfast in Asia in case the hotel does NOT have a lounge. Otherwise, you get all the lounge benefits, including in-lounge breakfast (in practice most hotels do not mind if you chose to have breakfast in the main restaurant instead of the lounge though).

That said, this property is not listed in the Master Lounge / Free Breakfast list, but this my simply be due to delays in updating it.
Thanks. That is very good news. As a Fairmont transplant, I don't quite understand this program. I emailed them to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.