Community
Wiki Posts
Search

unable to login and book

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
unable to login and book

Repeatedly getting the message: A technical problem has occurred on our site. Please try again.
Anyone else?

EDIT1: changing password helped to log in on the website, but not on app.
Still a strange case.
I keep the thread just in case someone else has the problem.

Last edited by Richey66; Mar 3, 2019 at 7:29 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Richey66
Repeatedly getting the message: A technical problem has occurred on our site. Please try again.
Anyone else?
Since Saturday morning until now (Monday morning here) I have had to make multiple attempts to log in each time using the App. In the end, I have always been able to log in but it has taken any where from three to about twenty attempts to do so. I tried the website a couple of times but got the same message you did. I generally use the App.

Hoping this is just temporary maintenance work or a temporary bug over the weekend but actually I have no idea. Perhaps only affecting a portion of members, not everybody.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:36 pm

I have had the same issue today using Edge but resolved by using an InPrivate window
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Thumbs down

I had the same issue, logging in worked sporadically, but eventually it locked me out of the website, while the app still worked.

The password reset also stopped working - the process seems to work, and even says the password is changed, but you still can't log in after that. A call to Accor support resulted in the answer that this is a known issue, and requires a reset by the IT dept. Here's the catch - it is currently taking up to 10 weeks for the issue to be resolved on a case-by-case basis. In the meantime, you cannot login or make reservations online. You also cannot register for promos or access the private sales.

A HUCA resulted in the same answer. So now I wait, and in the meantime take my business elsewhere.

Last edited by Ubud; Mar 3, 2019 at 11:49 pm Reason: Typos
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I do feel sorry for the poor intern doing all the IT support for Accor.

Accor should really spend more money and sort out the problems before they go off and launch other services.

( Alternatively replace everything and start again - that would be my 50c advice )

The basic function of the system is to allow members to book a room. They have failed if they can not even perform at this low level.
sycokid likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:53 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
From what I understand a major IT patch should be going out early March (was planned for Dec '18). Don't know if these issues are a sign that it's happening concurrently.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
yeah, glitch since few days ago..
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Same here on the app, safari and Firefox. Just as I was about to spend some money and burn some points. Annoyingly, I seem to have been booked out of the app...

To add insult to injury, I was emailed a Private Sale today which may be of interest, but which I cannot access at present
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: QANTAS, Le Club, Bonvoy, Amplify
I've been trying to log in to cancel bookings and transfer my points for the last day so I don't have to deal with them anymore! Agoda will get my business from now on
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA

this is temporary solution
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I can log in without problems right now.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I still can not log in ....
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:22 am

Same here...good to know others also have this problem!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:18 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear members,

I inform you that this issue is now resolved.

Thank you for your patience and for having shared with us your experience.
Sorry again for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Amy
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, LCAH Gold, LH FT
Amy, thank you for the update. Unfortunately I must say that this is not true for me, my login still does not work. Even when trying to reset my password as recommended by some members here and by your customer support, I get the error "a technical problem occurred". Of course I am still in touch with your customer support and hope they can get the issue resolved. Nonetheless it is quite unbearable that I can not access my account for almost two weeks already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.