Wiki Posts
Search

Ibis Business card and Accorplus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor
Ibis Business card and Accorplus

I have an Ibis Business card, for which I got gold status.
I am planning to get Accorplus, but then I have only silver status.
How can I benefit the perks of my Gold status when I book through Accorplus?
Do I just need to check in with the Ibis business card?
Anyone have experience in how this is handled?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
you cant book with a+ member rate then check in using ibis gold, but you may try your luck, hope some of the hotels operator not familiar with the t&c,
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
iirc, you cant link ibis card and a+ into same lcah account.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
I had similar problem recently. I had ibis business and applied for A+ (though I was/am a plat from my stays). I ended up having 2 separated accounts (Le Club Plat and A+ Silver). I wanted to book with A+ account to gain more discount, but I was concerned about my plat perk as well, so raised the concern to my A+ rep and he suggested booking stays with A+ Silver, then flash the plat card at check in. Maybe that could be done since it was suggested by A+ rep...

However, I have not tried that myself. I do not like breaking rules (that one person could not have ibis biz and A+ at the same time, even though this does not make any sense, but respect it nonetheless) so I canceled my ibis biz (still had half a year before expire) and merged my lcah plat account with A+ so now being A+ plat.

Maybe you could soft try it (a night stay or something) and see how it goes
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor
Thank you all for the input. I guess I stay first at ibis business. And see next year if I change to a+
Old May 28, 2019, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Juntima
I had similar problem recently. I had ibis business and applied for A+ (though I was/am a plat from my stays). I ended up having 2 separated accounts (Le Club Plat and A+ Silver). I wanted to book with A+ account to gain more discount, but I was concerned about my plat perk as well, so raised the concern to my A+ rep and he suggested booking stays with A+ Silver, then flash the plat card at check in. Maybe that could be done since it was suggested by A+ rep...

However, I have not tried that myself. I do not like breaking rules (that one person could not have ibis biz and A+ at the same time, even though this does not make any sense, but respect it nonetheless) so I canceled my ibis biz (still had half a year before expire) and merged my lcah plat account with A+ so now being A+ plat.

Maybe you could soft try it (a night stay or something) and see how it goes
Hi,

How did you cancel your ibis business subscription, I’ve tried calling the Le club hotline a few times but haven’t had any luck.

Cheers
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:01 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Hal1708
Hi,

How did you cancel your ibis business subscription, I’ve tried calling the Le club hotline a few times but haven’t had any luck.

Cheers
I remember to submit a form on Accor website, sorry I don't remember which one, but I had a reply from AccorHotels Customer Care <[email protected]>. Maybe email [email protected] might work as well?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Hi, I've read on pointshacks (https://www.pointhacks.com.au/guide-...s-gold-status/) that it is possible to hold the Accor Plus account and the Ibis Business account at the same time. They said that it is possible to match the Gold status acquired from your Ibis Business Card to your Accor Plus account. Could any advise on the possibility of this? Any luck?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
Hi, I've read on pointshacks (https://www.pointhacks.com.au/guide-...s-gold-status/) that it is possible to hold the Accor Plus account and the Ibis Business account at the same time. They said that it is possible to match the Gold status acquired from your Ibis Business Card to your Accor Plus account. Could any advise on the possibility of this? Any luck?
Yes, correct. Buy ibis business and your Accor account will update to Gold. Mine took about 20 mins to upgrade to Gold last week.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Yes, correct. Buy ibis business and your Accor account will update to Gold. Mine took about 20 mins to upgrade to Gold last week.
Is your account Accor Plus?

I don't know of any success story of matching Ibis Business Gold to Accor Plus account, however it's possible to book with Accor Plus and present the Gold card at check-in to enjoy better benefits.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by strayersong
Is your account Accor Plus?

I don't know of any success story of matching Ibis Business Gold to Accor Plus account, however it's possible to book with Accor Plus and present the Gold card at check-in to enjoy better benefits.
Sorry, no only Accor all account Gold status.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:48 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
You cannot have both under the same account but you can have two accounts and they will upgrade the status, ironically against the rules which used to say a member can only have one account.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Who should I contact with regards to the status matching between the Ibis Business account and the Accor Plus account? I contacted my Accor Plus Sales Rep, she checked with her manager, the manager said no such thing. But the Accor Plus email representative said something rather vague: "After you've signed up, you can inform us on the membership details and we can escalate your request to our management and update you on the outcome.". Could anyone advise? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.