Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Plat benefits at Fairmont if booked on Fairmont site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum

I am staying at a Fairmont hotel in China, booked via the Accor site, and found a better deal on the Fairmont website. The fairmont deal includes an in hotel credit. i cannot find this offer on the accor site.

My question, if I book this rate on the Fairmont site, will I still qualify for Accor Plat benefits (e.g. free breakfast and possible upgrade)? More generally, shouldn't they offer the same pricing via the Accor website?

thanks
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Yes, you can log in to your lcah account on fairmont website
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:41 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Fairmont hotel prices and choice of rates offered regularly seem better via Fairmont.com than via Accor.com. Don't know why but seems to be a deliberate policy to offer better packaged rates via Fairmont.com

As Kaizen7 states rates booked via Fairmont.com qualify for LCAH benefits and your LCAH account login works with both sites.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I can only second that prices on Fairmont.com seem to be way more competitive than accorhotels.com Just stayed at a Fairmont the other day and the rate on fairmont.com was 80 USD cheaper (same room, same rate…)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Accor pricing seems to include only member rate and flex rate.

Fairmont pricing include all promotional offers available.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Very useful to know this.
Wonder if it's the same with Swissotel and Raffles as well.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:01 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I wonder if Accor would accept Best Rate Guarantees claimed against the Fairmont/hotel brand website, when you book the more expensive rate on AH.com?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I wonder if Accor would accept Best Rate Guarantees claimed against the Fairmont/hotel brand website, when you book the more expensive rate on AH.com?
that would be interesting to try
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:35 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Accor seem to have this covered.

Accor.com Best Rate Guarantee doesn't include Fairmont ( also Raffles or Swiss) Hotels according the the published T & C's https://www.accorhotels.com/best-pri...index.en.shtml

The Best Rate Guarantee does however seem to apply when using Fairmont.com back to Accor.com but those rates are higher. https://www.fairmont.com/best-rate-guarantee/
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Not only is the pricing on Fairmont hotels worse on the Accor site, so is the availability. I booked two rooms yesterday, and there was tons of availability on the Fairmont site. Here's what I get on Accor...

You simply shouldn't try to book through the Accor site. Clunky and slow site. Poor rates. Poor availability.
Accor has worked very hard to earn their reputation for crap service, poor systems and people who can't help. They have a standard they need to maintain! They wouldn't want to give someone else a chance to pass them for last place.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
The same pricing anonoly is true with Swissotel too, book on their own website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.