Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Late Checkout Experience for Plats at Fairmont properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Late Checkout Experience for Plats at Fairmont properties

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by edcli
Just wanted to follow up on my own post.
Was given a late check out until 2pm. I asked for 3pm but they said they were fully committed. Front desk said Plat get 2 pm guaranteed late check out.
Also checked in about 1.5 hours early.
So I guess Plat status offers some decent value.
I reported a couple of years ago (definitely pre-merger) that Chateau Whistler has changed to a 2 pm platinum late checkout. Had enjoyed years of 4pm before that.

Interesting to note that Amex FHR still states a guaranteed 4pm, and they are usually pretty good about getting hotels to honour the terms. Combined with the FHR breakfast that Plats still don't get in North America, FHR is often much more attractive than Platinum benefits.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat (sigh) FPC Platinum (sigh)
Originally Posted by Ubud
I reported a couple of years ago (definitely pre-merger) that Chateau Whistler has changed to a 2 pm platinum late checkout. Had enjoyed years of 4pm before that.

Interesting to note that Amex FHR still states a guaranteed 4pm, and they are usually pretty good about getting hotels to honour the terms. Combined with the FHR breakfast that Plats still don't get in North America, FHR is often much more attractive than Platinum benefits.

Wait - never thought of that. Brilliant hack. Is there any downside to booking via FHR instead of say, booking a Fairmont via Accor ? And what is the "Hotel Collection" (is that new?)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Napstolean
Wait - never thought of that. Brilliant hack. Is there any downside to booking via FHR instead of say, booking a Fairmont via Accor ? And what is the "Hotel Collection" (is that new?)
I would say the only real downside is 1) You have to have Amex plat & 2) the room rates are higher than the lowest discounted rates. Lately I've seen the FHR rates at Fairmont being set the same as the standard refundable (Fairmont's "daily") rate. You also get the room upgrade, $100 F&B or spa credit, and sometimes every 3rd or 4th night free. The rate has always been qualifying for stay credits with FPC - not sure about Accor.

If you can use it, FHR may be one of the few remaining reasons to keep Amex Plat, at least in Canada.
Napstolean likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Napstolean
And what is the "Hotel Collection" (is that new?)
This has been around for a while, and is also offered with other Amex cards like Gold. It's nowhere near FHR in terms of amenities, typically a credit of $75 per stay.

In Canada:
https://premiumhotelbooking.american...CA/thc/welcome
Napstolean likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:27 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

At the Fairmont Orchid and requested a 7pm checkout. Was given 3pm due to some large event happening for a total sell out.

Now I'll have to come up with something to fill 3pm-8pm before a 9pm flight. Haha.

I did get a noon check-in.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler as an Accor Diamond. I was offered 2pm for free, 4pm for $150 (by email beforehand) and then $200 on the day (they were willing to honor the $150 quoted by email). The reason for not offering it for free is that "it impedes our ability to get the room ready for the next guest", wich is non sense if you ask me.

​​​

Last edited by SkyteamEP; Aug 4, 2022 at 10:29 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
I stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler as an Accor Diamond. I was offered 2pm for free, 4pm for $150 (by email beforehand) and then $200 on the day (they were willing to honor the $150 quoted by email). The reason for not offering it for free is that "it impedes our ability to get the room ready for the next guest", wichb is non sense if you ask me.

​​​
Total nonsense indeed. I had the same discussion in the past with a few hotels. If it’s available for a fee, it means it’s possible (free for eligible guests), period.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I was denied late checkout at the Fairmont Makati Manila 4 years ago, so I haven't been back since.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Requested and received 1 pm late checkout at the Fairmont Olympic. My flight was at 3 pm so that's all I needed. Requested late check out at the Fairmont Orchid and they moved me from an Ocean Front Suite to a pool view room and let me stay until 6 pm as requested.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I very rarely need a late checkout, but I very often request an early check-in.

At the Fairmont Geneva in May, I arrived at around 10:45 AM, and my room was ready for me. At the Chateau Lake Louise, I normally arrive around 1 PM for my trips a couple of times per year, and I've never had to wait for my suite. Arrive at Chateau Frontenac last year around 12 PM, and our suite was ready. At Banff Springs, I've never had a problem with a noon arrival.

I can't even remember the last time I asked for a late check-out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.