Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Any special benefit staying at an Accor hotel on birthday?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any special benefit staying at an Accor hotel on birthday?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:57 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Talking Any special benefit staying at an Accor hotel on birthday?

Hi, I have a trip coming up close to my birthday and start wondering if Accor provide anything special for members (I am a plat if that makes difference) staying on their birthday. Maybe extra points/perks or something? Anyone got special treat on birthday? Just would like to see if it's worth moving my trip to fall on my birthday. Thanks in advance for all inputs.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
maybe few extra apples ?

My coming birthday will be spent at hotel as well ... but not Accor hotel
gilbertaue, tartempion and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by kaizen7
maybe few extra apples ?

Oh no, I better put a remark 'No apple' upon booking then
(then they probably give me extra oranges or something...)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Depends on hotel, more up market maybe something ? .... also better chance outside France ....

OH did receive a bottle of good wine and a lovely Birthday Card signed by all the hotel staff in Poland (Gdynia) at a Mecure last year, and the year before at a Novotel in Krakow.

Also Castle Hotel Windsor ( MGallery) gives a nice plate of fruit.

But mostly nothing, not even a note.

Last edited by hotel_user; Jan 3, 2019 at 12:34 am Reason: Added info
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I never got anything on my birthday.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by kaizen7
maybe few extra apples ?

accor extinguish Apple ...

kaizen7 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
Once the whole team in the hotel restaurant and guest manager come to surprise me during breakfast with a cake.. nice gesture and very much appreciated. novotel gajahmada in Jakarta.
happygolucky_nomad and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I never got anything on my birthday.
same for me.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:42 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
One time my girlfriend and I stayed at the Sofitel Jinan Silver Plaza for her birthday and the hotel delivered a small cake to the room, but sent it without plates or cutlery...

Last edited by Maelstrom; Jan 2, 2019 at 11:50 pm
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:30 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Thinking of staying at one of the Pullman or Angsana Laguna in Phuket, Thailand. Start to think it's probably not worth moving my trip. I do not drink so even if they gave me a bottle of wine or champagne, it would not make difference to me. I could also buy my own a cake lol. I prefer extra status points or something, that would suit me better. Well, either way it's not that big deal.

Maybe I will inform them beforehand that I am coming for birthday celebration anyway, and see what they come up with

Thanks again for all the inputs.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:48 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I stayed once in an Ibis hotel near an airport in France on my birthday and I got nothing.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
I don’t think it comes up when you check in but if you want to feel special, let the property know...or get your partner to do it on your behalf
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
year 2017, stayed at pullman kuala lumpur city center, got a free cake and the whole lounge staff came out sing birthday song for me.
year 2018, stayed at malaysia sofitel kuala lumpur got nothing

and i also got a stay singapore novotel clarke quay 3 weeks before my birthday, the hotel sent me email asking if i was there for special occasion and offered me a cake...
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
In 2017 I stayed in an Ibis Styles in Wien and I got a letter from the hotel manager, a chocolate and a voucher for an extra drink.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
It depends on the hotel. Not sure does Platinum status matter?

1) I stayed in Pullman Sukhumvit Bangkok and they upgraded my room to a suite and decorated the wall with balloons, bed with flowers and etc and was given a cake and wine/champagne (either one of them but we did not drink as we do not consume wine/champagne). I stayed in this hotel around 5 to 7 times previously.

2) My partner was presented with a birthday cake in the club lounge at Mercure Fortune Bangkok on her birthday. We checked in around 4 days before her birthday but we stayed around 25 days for that trip. This really came as a surprise to both of us during the Happy Hours. The staffs got together and sang birthday song for her. That was our first time in this hotel.

The above 2 events happened in 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.