Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:04 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

My dear fellow AH formers.

Another year has passed in a flash - again.
We have a new bunch of members who have joined our fold and we have access to a bunch of new and exciting properties around the world.

We have had our ups and downs with AH and although their customer service is still in complete shambles, I personally am happy with my stays at AH properties.

Thank you to everyone this year again posting their experiences with us in this group - I have not been very good in that department and have still a few stays to share.

Reading other threads I truly believe we are a different bunch here and a much more friendlier lot and I enjoy our correspondences here very much.

So here's to wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and all the best in your AH venture for 2019!

Lets hope AH's new year resolution is to fix their IT and CS!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:54 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Totally agree with your post.

May everyone have a peaceful Christmas, with everything that you wish for, and a joyous room upgrade in the new year on arrival without hesitation.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Merry Christmas to all!
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:59 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Safe travels and happy holidays!
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Marry Accor Christmas to all 👍
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Merry Christmas to all and happy new year. Hoping that 2019 will bring you a new or renewed Gold or Plat status
And wishing that 2019 will bring us a Plat for life status and that gilbertaue can publish his late reviews
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:07 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Merry Christmas to all and happy new year. Hoping that 2019 will bring you a new or renewed Gold or Plat status
And wishing that 2019 will bring us a Plat for life status and that gilbertaue can publish his late reviews
I'll make a deal with AH. I post my reviews = Plat lifetime for all who fulfill the requirement.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: Accor, BA Exec, Lidl gold card
A Merry Christmas to one and all.

Working this Christmas at LHR, in the spirit of Christmas no welcome drink offered at the Ibis inn to this Gold.

Last stay of the year, in terms of Accor check ins it's a 60 per cent success rate. Down 10 per cent on last year. And I know I need to get out more.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Merry Christmas one and all!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:01 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Merry Christmas to all �� Interestingly 80% of my stays for 2019 already booked are at Accor properties. Lots of mini and big reviews to come.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Hope everyone will be in good health then all the rest the others have mentioned In 2019.
You are a great bunch to have a laugh with sharing our experiences at AH.
Goldorak and gilbertaue like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am happy to have another Accor Platinum year coming for 2019 and to have already several stays booked in great Accor hotels
I had overall a good 2018 year with some great stays, but also some with a significant number of issues, which were mostly correctly addressed but, of course, it would be better to not encounter those problems and have more compliance and proactivity from hotels, including in the top brands like Sofitel. And the grass is not always greener elsewhere, apart for customer service. I am of course a bit biased as most of my non-Accor stays (with Starwood/Mariott, IHG, Hyatt and Hilton) are in the US and we all know that those brands can be horrible on their domestic market (and they are truly horrible sometimes).

I want also to say that I truly appreciate the commitment of Accor/LCAH HQ people and the one of staff of the "good Accor hotels". If I could send a wish list for 2019, it would be:
- less non-compliance cases from hotels giving ridiculous excuses to not comply. We are tired to have to beg for LCAH benefits in some hotels (Hello French Mercure & Novotels... )
- make our (and your) life easy by stopping all those exceptions for LCAH (e.g. meals at this hotel of this restaurant is not eligible because X, Y or Z)
- stop nickel and diming practices with your Elite members in plenty of hotels, e.g. with drink voucher valid for 1 when double occupancy.
- better train hotels for points calculations and posting. Too many issues, especially when booking partially paid with points, and too much of a pain for retroclaim
- stop scandalous additional fees practices in the US (so called resort fee, program fee or I should rather say robbery fee )
- improve customer service response time and adequateness of response
- And...Plat for life status !!

Thank you and best wishes
gilbertaue and Maelstrom like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:35 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Happy holidays and special thanks to all of you who take the time and the effort to review Accor hotels around the world on your travels.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: Accor, BA Exec, Lidl gold card
Sorry for my late reply. Happy Chinese New Year also.
gilbertaue and hotel_user like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.