Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

System Glitch - Not able to spend my points - Customer care aware but doing nothing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

System Glitch - Not able to spend my points - Customer care aware but doing nothing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Post System Glitch - Not able to spend my points - Customer care aware but doing nothing

Hi All,

Last year booked a 2 rooms in a hotel right opposite my family home, very handy as it was a family gathering. Upon arrival to the hotel they told me that they overbooked me and no rooms were available. Sent me to another hotel far from the family home. Arriving to the 2nd hotel once again they told me they were sorry but full and once again I was overbooked. Arriving to the 3rd hotel much further away from the family home they gave me the room keys and once I entered the room a family was there.Very embarrassing. Sent in the end to a 4th hotel and managed to check in. After writing complaint letter I was given miserable 4,000 points into my LeClub and a lousy email saying sorry.

6 months later I now decided to book something to redeem the points, I booked online two rooms, couple minutes later got automatically cancelled. Called customer care and got transferred to the call centre team. Call centre agent handled my frustration really poorly and condescending which I raised to him. In the end, when attempting to book again the room he said that due to a known technical glitch the points were taken from my account, however, the rooms he was booking were not booked and confirmed. He advised I had to wait for 24h until points were back in my account, then book with the rate available then as they could not hold the rate available at that moment. I thought this was an extortion, holding my points back so I book later and pay more.

I asked to be transferred to customer care team, they again told me nothing could be done as due to this known technical glitch I had to wait for points to return back to my account. I asked to speak to a supervisor and advisor replied back straight away none were available to speak to me as they were in a meeting. I did not believe as he did not put me on hold to check. Advisor confirmed a manager was going to call me back the same day. On this day I emailed some Accor directors and CEO.

7 days later and not a single call from the manager as told, neither replies from emails I sent. Another email back sent to directors and CEO. Same day afternoon, got a call from someone saying my case is a priority and they wanted to help. They said they were sorry and they wanted to proceed with booking however with current rates. They were not even offering more points or any gratuity as per my hassle. Remember, my main issue was then that I got overbooked 3 times on the same day going from one hotel to another. I mentioned to the lady who called me that I wanted them to honour the rate that was available the first time I called them. She said I should check my notes and see how much was the rates. As I was not at home I told her to call me next day.

Next morning she called me and said ok, I will need to speak to my manager and I will call you back. I was simply disgusted as I expected her to give me a answer to my case straight away, besides my "case now was a priority for Accor" according to her.

It's been now 8 days since she called me and so far nothing has been resolved. She attempted to call me a couple of times but as I was at work I could not answer. No email no voice mail giving me her contact details to call back.

I'm simply in a limbo, they have my points, I cannot spend, and they expect me to pay current rate now to book my hotel even thouth it's a known suystem glitch.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Accor is well known for their very poor unempowered customer service, which seems to expect customer to simply forget/forgive so Accor does not have to compensate for anything.

In my experience, as yours, Accor when pushed long, hard and tediously enough may give you 4,000 points, which tops 80 Euro, though these points are not valid for some of their best rates, such as special promos.

Conclusion: if you are persistent you may get something... which, in the end, may not be enough for all the hassle, yet again..
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:27 pm

In these experiences, I think its always best if you proactively say "can a case please be opened to resolve this, and please give me a case/ticket/issue/file number".

Then you have a paper trail with everything under one support ticket. On their end, they have pressure to resolve a ticket within a set timeline to meet their metrics.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pb9997
Accor is well known for their very poor unempowered customer service, which seems to expect customer to simply forget/forgive so Accor does not have to compensate for anything.

In my experience, as yours, Accor when pushed long, hard and tediously enough may give you 4,000 points, which tops 80 Euro, though these points are not valid for some of their best rates, such as special promos.

Conclusion: if you are persistent you may get something... which, in the end, may not be enough for all the hassle, yet again..
Manh thansk for reading and for the tip!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
In these experiences, I think its always best if you proactively say "can a case please be opened to resolve this, and please give me a case/ticket/issue/file number".

Then you have a paper trail with everything under one support ticket. On their end, they have pressure to resolve a ticket within a set timeline to meet their metrics.
Hi there, thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:03 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Yes but no.
They will close the case by answering total bovine manure to the customers. And based on their response time the pressure to resolve ticket is clearly not there.
If I were you I would simply made a resolution to not book any Accor hotel again. Just dump them.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.