Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Member Exclusive Rates: Only 1 Room?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Member Exclusive Rates: Only 1 Room?

I've had this issue before: the "Member Exclusive" rate is 50% cheaper than the regular rate. I booked 2 rooms and front desk insisted I needed to pay rack rate for 2nd room. If LCAH allows you to get points for 2 rooms, how come you can't have the same rate across both rooms?

What's the workaround here? Should I sign the other guest up for LCAH and make a separate booking under their name?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:40 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Assuming it is the member additional 5 or 10% discount you are referring to what the hotel front desk states is contrary to what I have been told by Accor Customer services when I asked about this 2 year ago. The final answer I received (after 3 or 4 emails back and for) on this reads:

"Dear Mr. cwl,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry for any inconvenience

As our Platinum member you may avail only on offer for 2 rooms.

We kindly request you to reserve each room separately and avail the special offer as it is a technical requirement.(1 room in one file each)

We appreciate your contact and stay at your disposal for any further information you may need.

Kind Regards,
----

Service Reservation"

Unless Accor have changed the rules since October 2015 Le Club members can avail themselves of member discount on a maximum of 2 rooms. However due to Accor IT the two rooms need to be booked separately although under the same name with points being granted on both rooms.

If the hotel persists ask them to refer you to the specific T & C's which support there assertion.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Thanks - that's very helpful.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
However due to Accor IT the two rooms need to be booked separately although under the same name with points being granted on both rooms.
I never had any problem booking the 2 rooms together under the same reference. I guess making 2 separate bookings can lead to problem with points credit or other benefits.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:24 pm
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by Goldorak

I never had any problem booking the 2 rooms together under the same reference. I guess making 2 separate bookings can lead to problem with points credit or other benefits.
Agreed booking two rooms under one reference isn't a problem per se.

The problem online is if you book 2 rooms under one reference you loose the member discount for both rooms on those rates where it applies. Doesn't apply for those rates where there is no additional member discount such as super sale, private sale, Platinum member etc.

If booking them separately to secure the member discount on both rooms I cross reference the reservations in the booking notes. Never had a problem in relation to receiving benefits. Point credits can be a problem but that also occurs even when both rooms are under a single booking reference.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cwl
Agreed booking two rooms under one reference isn't a problem per se.

The problem online is if you book 2 rooms under one reference you loose the member discount for both rooms on those rates where it applies. Doesn't apply for those rates where there is no additional member discount such as super sale, private sale, Platinum member etc.

If booking them separately to secure the member discount on both rooms I cross reference the reservations in the booking notes. Never had a problem in relation to receiving benefits. Point credits can be a problem but that also occurs even when both rooms are under a single booking reference.
thanks. Didn’t know that.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: All Diamond
Well I am glad to say the system does not operate like that here in Australia .Had 3 and 4 rooms booked previously at hotels and NEVER been refused the discount for any of the rooms . Infact I have 4 rooms booked over New Year and when I nicely asked if they would reduce the rates as the week after I had booked them the said hotel rooms were available for $100 less per room and they were more than happy to re book the 4 at the further discounted price ^
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
One year after, still the same problem : if you book 2 rooms under one reference you loose the member discount for both rooms on those rates where it applies (5 or 10% member rate)...
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Yep, still the same error. So when I need 2 rooms.... 2 separate reservations..... bonus often 2 rooms upgraded + double vouchers
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by cwl
Point credits can be a problem but that also occurs even when both rooms are under a single booking reference.
Indeed.

The best is to avoid 2 checkouts, as the system will cancel the point credit for the 2nd checkout, seeing it as double credit.

The solution is to ask the transfer of all charges and prepayments of one room to the other.

Then check out the second room.

You will get points in full.

Make sure they don't say yes and do the opposite in case you vacate one room before the other.

I had the issue at Sofitel Saigon. Despite my request which they okeyed, they checked out the first room upon our vacating it. Then sometime later, we checked out the second room. I realised their mistake and asked for one invoice. They issued one, but manually and painstakingly as the 1st room was already checked out.

Of course, points for the second room were blocked by the computer. Retroclaim was a messy affair.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Indeed.

The best is to avoid 2 checkouts, as the system will cancel the point credit for the 2nd checkout, seeing it as double credit.

The solution is to ask the transfer of all charges and prepayments of one room to the other.

Then check out the second room.

You will get points in full.

Make sure they don't say yes and do the opposite in case you vacate one room before the other.

I had the issue at Sofitel Saigon. Despite my request which they okeyed, they checked out the first room upon our vacating it. Then sometime later, we checked out the second room. I realised their mistake and asked for one invoice. They issued one, but manually and painstakingly as the 1st room was already checked out.

Of course, points for the second room were blocked by the computer. Retroclaim was a messy affair.
I have the same problem. I had 2 seperate bookings each for one room during a x4 points promo. The hotel was not able to transfer of all charges of one room to the other and so I only got the x4 promotion for one room...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by nrouxel
I have the same problem. I had 2 seperate bookings each for one room during a x4 points promo. The hotel was not able to transfer of all charges of one room to the other and so I only got the x4 promotion for one room...
You can speak with them. They can fix it. Make sure you explain things clearly though. And don't give up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.