Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Darling Harbour, Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
They have every time I’ve stayed there - normally booked cheapest room.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:01 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PabloM
They have every time I’ve stayed there - normally booked cheapest room.
Thanks! I'll go for it then. I'm thinking it will be a quieter time of year (between Christmas and New Year)?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: Accor G, AirNZ E, VirginAust P
I am gold and got selected as "guest of the day" and got upgrade from luxury to club jr suite.. is this business as usual?
Annalisa12 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Just had a 6 night stay, including Christmas Day. Pretty disappointing overall.

- No Upgrade (not really an issue, as I guess it could have been fully booked)

- Lounge staff were terrible. Arriving for breakfast the first morning, we were directed to a tiny table with no silverware or anything else. Nothing offered, so I ended up finding somebody and requesting hot items. This was pretty much the same each morning. We only went one evening, and never bothered after that. Staff were fawning over one particular person (may have been a celebrity), so again, the service was poor. Had to ask 3 times for a top-up of wine, and then was made to feel quite guilty for asking for a top-up at the end of the cocktail hour. Nothing offered pro-actively.

- We went to the Champagne Bar one evening. There were 2 Servers right next to us chatting, but neither of them offered up a menu. I eventually got up and grabbed one from another table - hoping that would make them realise we actually wanted to order... When we eventually did order, it came back wrong. The staff seemed very inexperienced.

- Bedroom A/C always revereted to 22.5 degrees. Come in after a full day walking in 30 degree heat to find the room baking hot. During the night, if movement wasn't detected, A/C switched off

- Bedroom lighting system just didn;t work as advertised. Is was pretty much every light on or every light off.

Very much a style over substance place IMO.
Annalisa12 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Just had a 6 night stay, including Christmas Day. Pretty disappointing overall.

- No Upgrade (not really an issue, as I guess it could have been fully booked)

- Lounge staff were terrible. Arriving for breakfast the first morning, we were directed to a tiny table with no silverware or anything else. Nothing offered, so I ended up finding somebody and requesting hot items. This was pretty much the same each morning. We only went one evening, and never bothered after that. Staff were fawning over one particular person (may have been a celebrity), so again, the service was poor. Had to ask 3 times for a top-up of wine, and then was made to feel quite guilty for asking for a top-up at the end of the cocktail hour. Nothing offered pro-actively.

- We went to the Champagne Bar one evening. There were 2 Servers right next to us chatting, but neither of them offered up a menu. I eventually got up and grabbed one from another table - hoping that would make them realise we actually wanted to order... When we eventually did order, it came back wrong. The staff seemed very inexperienced.

- Bedroom A/C always revereted to 22.5 degrees. Come in after a full day walking in 30 degree heat to find the room baking hot. During the night, if movement wasn't detected, A/C switched off

- Bedroom lighting system just didn;t work as advertised. Is was pretty much every light on or every light off.

Very much a style over substance place IMO.
I keep meaning to stay here and see what it is like. For me the worst thing is the air conditioning in the bedroom. Horrible in this heat.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:55 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I keep meaning to stay here and see what it is like. For me the worst thing is the air conditioning in the bedroom. Horrible in this heat.
Pretty standard these days for hotels to set the min at 22.5, can be hacked in most cases to go lower. I hate the movement detectors, have had a couple of hotels where it’s switched off at night and I have had broken sleep as a result!
Old May 3, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any recent stays? Curious how folks compare it to the Four Seasons and Shangri La.
Old May 3, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: BA
Considering a stay here or The Landmark.

How’s the service levels and hard product?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.