Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Using points at the hotel for incidental charges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire

Hi

It seems that it is no longer possible to convert points to vouchers, rather points can now be used on check-out. I have two upcoming stays where I would probably like to do this. Does anyone have any experience of how this actually works?

CT
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold, Le Club Accor Platinum, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Yes, my recent stay, the AMEX machine was down. I asked to pay using points and it took about 10 mins. They deducted my points and I paid the balance in cash. The incidentals was charged to my room as well.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goldandsilver21
Yes, my recent stay, the AMEX machine was down. I asked to pay using points and it took about 10 mins. They deducted my points and I paid the balance in cash. The incidentals was charged to my room as well.
OK - Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You can read this
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...rs-needed.html
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks. I will give it a try and report.

CT
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:35 am

A word of warning: paying food bill with points changes the way you paid your stay into 'party with points'. In my case, my stay suddenly became not eligible for the 6000 points promo anymore. Boohoo.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
A word of warning: paying food bill with points changes the way you paid your stay into 'party with points'. In my case, my stay suddenly became not eligible for the 6000 points promo anymore. Boohoo.
This was clearly stated in the T&C of the promo offer.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Complete fail at Novotel East Midlands. I had prebooked parking for a week and was told that I could not use points for this. When checking out I asked if I could pay my bar bill with points and was told that only 'Tony' could do this had he was not on duty.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This was clearly stated in the T&C of the promo offer.
From the T&C, it wasn't clear to me. It says that stays partially paid with points/vouchers are not eligible. My stay was fully prepaid with a credit card. The drinks in bar with voucher.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
From the T&C, it wasn't clear to me. It says that stays partially paid with points/vouchers are not eligible. My stay was fully prepaid with a credit card. The drinks in bar with voucher.
unfortunately it is still very clear to me : part of your overall bill was paid with vouchers, so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.