Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus - Stay Plus redemption guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by kaizen7
It's quite concerning that Stay+ stays wont receive any benefit as stay+ certificate is actually not free.
A+ membership cost around IDR 2.700.000 and now they increased to IDR3.600.000(something)
With 2 stay+ benefit included (- some breakfast and upgrade vouchers that only valid in Indonesian hotels) it would be fair to value the stay+ at IDR 1.500.000 each ?
first of all for existing member which in your case, its IDR 2.500.000 to renew. for me its worth far more than that. here is why:
1. I mainly travel in Indonesia, only a few leisure trips out of the country, so most likely 1 breakfast voucher is worth: IDR 100k (8 voucher total: 800k)
2. as a platinum, we stay over 60 nights, and with accor plus most have additional 10% discount, lets say around average IDR 50k/night (total: IDR 3000k)
3. when I use stay plus, I always email the hotel to make sure I receive my platinum benefit, the most desperate choice for me to use my stay plus is pullman CP jakarta, so 1 night is pullman CP is around IDR 1400k + lounge benefit its worth around IDR 2000k. 2 stay plus total :IDR4000k

In total its worth at least IDR 7.500.000, so paying IDR 2.500.000 is a deal for me. so its all come back to whether you have status with accor, what you need and your travel pattern.
All this is from my point of view, others might differ.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Unfortunately Ionly have Gold with LCAH and rarely travel in Indonesia.

Interestingly, I stay at Pullman CP before and tried to use the upgrade voucher there and it was rejected.
Call the hotel about using the voucher when I made the reservation, the person told me to just bring the voucher at check in.
Yet the FD claim that I should inform them that I intend to use the voucher when I made the reservation.
Since it was a one night stay, I really not in the mood to argue further.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Anyone manage to book Sofitel Nusa dua using Stay Plus?

​​​​​​I didn't see any free stay at all until September
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
i manage to book 2 nights for May2018 at the new sofitel singapore city center under separate a+ account, and its weekend.

here are steps to search for availability:
1) search only 1 night, and turn on the stayplus benefit option

2) then click the rate calendar

3) then browse from the rate calendar to find availability (i search sofitel singapore city center, so sofitel, and sofitel sentosa)

Last edited by jiunsoh; Mar 10, 2018 at 8:59 am
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
and 2 months ago, i assisted a friend searching maldives resort hotel: "Dhevanafushi Maldives Luxury Resort", the standard member rate is about USD 800/night , and she manage to redeem 1 night.

Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
i manage to book 2 nights for May2018 at the new sofitel singapore city center under separate a+ account, and its weekend.

here are steps to search for availability:
1) search only 1 night, and turn on the stayplus benefit option

2) then click the rate calendar

3) then browse from the rate calendar to find availability (i search sofitel singapore city center, so sofitel, and

Thanks for the steps. I know the steps. The issues there is no free complimentary night avail at Sofitel Nusa Dua. You still have to fork out small amount.

well at least on the date I can see
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:43 pm

I’m looking to use the stay plus benefit for the first time and have a couple of simple questions that I haven’t been able to find the answer to from searching.

When I go to make the booking it says it can be cancelled at no cost up to a couple of days before. If I cancel the booking will I get the stay benefit back to make another booking?

I’m looking to make a booking fof 2 nights, one free with the benefit and one paid. Any reason for or agianst making the booking as two separate bookings or a single one?

thanks in advance.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by potm
I’m looking to use the stay plus benefit for the first time and have a couple of simple questions that I haven’t been able to find the answer to from searching.

When I go to make the booking it says it can be cancelled at no cost up to a couple of days before. If I cancel the booking will I get the stay benefit back to make another booking?
yes, you will get your stay benefit back. But as the site is quite crappy, sometimes it may take some times before you see that stay benefit back. I had encountered some problem before and need to call A+ CS.

Originally Posted by potm
I’m looking to make a booking fof 2 nig/QUOTE]hts, one free with the benefit and one paid. Any reason for or against making the booking as two separate bookings or a single one?

thanks in advance.

If your stay confirm for 2 nights, I do not see any difference. It may be better to book it as 1 booking as if you book it seperately, you may not get 2 nights credit in some hotel.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:39 pm

Is that something wrong with A+ site? I cannot book using A+ stay plus. I tried to go to A+ site also, cannot login there.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
Is that something wrong with A+ site? I cannot book using A+ stay plus. I tried to go to A+ site also, cannot login there.
Thank you for your replies.

I have just managed to login to the A+ website and am able to make a booking using my stay plus benefit. Maybe just a temporary glitch.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:23 am

I'm thinking of joining A+ and would like to know if it is worth it for me:

1) i'm ONLY thinking of this because Swissotel is now part of Accor. And I stay at Swissotel in Singapore for 2 weeks / year.
2) I have no interest in other hotels or 'magical destinations' or other perks.
3) I still see 'up to 20%/25%' or 'free night' promotions on the Swissotel web site for their hotels (Would A+ offer better than this?)
4) The Stay Plus benefit: What happens if I bundle this with a normal stay (i.e.: Use 2 days of Stay Plus + 8 days of normal paid stay in a high-tier room) (Would I have to switch rooms, would I be able to upgrade the 'standard' to the better room (at a reasonable rate), would I get my normal benefits for the 2 stay plus days (internet, etc?)

As it stands: If the Stay Plus benefit is not willy-nilly free to use as pleased with normal perks, i'm unsure if this is worth the money?

Thank you.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Can only comment about A+ stay+ benefit

if your travel plan is flexible ... or you make a lot of stays at those hotels, then stay+ is good value (sort of)
But if your travel plan is not flexible then stay+ can be a waste if its not available at the time of your travel

Furthermore, stay+ stays is considered free stay so supposedly no elite benefit applies .... but some hotel do honor the elite benefit.

The Sebel Docklands, Melbourne - stay as silver, so no elite benefit expected anyway ,
Novotel on Stevens, Singapore - stay as gold, upgraded to premier floor room - no executive lounge access granted however)

Perhaps other members who have more experience about stay+ stays can comment on this part ?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:24 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I would say most of us have zero experience in using the Stay+ cert at any of the FRHI properties.
As mentioned, it can be a hit and miss. In most of my Stay+ stays I have received upgrades to the room I have booked paid stays at concurrently - mostly at the Sofitel Melbourne. But I did pay the difference to the room I booked (and on that received my upgrade).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hey guys, I just recently joined Accor Plus and paid for the package that comes with 2 free nights, despite reading all the really bad reviews.
Then it hit me after signing up that their IT isn't very great and my stay plus certs are not showing up in my account.
I'm hoping this is only temporary since I just joined yesterday and it might take a few business days to process.

This is the error message I faced when I tried my bookings.. Any one else experienced this too?

Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Hey guys, I just recently joined Accor Plus and paid for the package that comes with 2 free nights, despite reading all the really bad reviews.
Then it hit me after signing up that their IT isn't very great and my stay plus certs are not showing up in my account.
I'm hoping this is only temporary since I just joined yesterday and it might take a few business days to process.

This is the error message I faced when I tried my bookings.. Any one else experienced this too?

Call the office that sold you Accor plus to get it updated if you dont see it after 2-3 days. I think they are in the process of updating your account. Since you are seeing the error message, it probably means your account is A+ instead of being a regular Accor account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.